Conquer Club

Locked announcement

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Locked announcement

Postby Donelladan on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:18 pm

king achilles wrote:Locking this topic from all the trolls and conspiracy theories.

If I understand correctly the rule, I can't open a new topic to discuss the locked topic, but I am allowed to discuss the lock, which I intend to do here.

First, aren't we suppose to receive warning that we should stop trolling or whatever before actually locking the topic ?
Second, I think the topic was very interesting and important for clan world, we do need to discuss what's happening. That kind of sudden change of all CD's won't be without consequence for us.
Third, no one was trolling, and they were no conspiracy theories. Ofc some wild theories may appear if NO ONE is giving us bit of information. But we received information from two CD on the reasons why they retired, so they were definitely no crazy theories.

I find the lock completely unjustified. And maybe it is not the truth but it seriously looks like team CC doesn't want us to talk about it.

Please remove the lock and let us have this conversation.

Dave should give an answer. At least an annoucement about how CD are doing with all the changes.
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Locked announcement

Postby TeeGee on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:39 pm

Donelladan wrote:
king achilles wrote:Locking this topic from all the trolls and conspiracy theories.

If I understand correctly the rule, I can't open a new topic to discuss the locked topic, but I am allowed to discuss the lock, which I intend to do here.

First, aren't we suppose to receive warning that we should stop trolling or whatever before actually locking the topic ?
Second, I think the topic was very interesting and important for clan world, we do need to discuss what's happening. That kind of sudden change of all CD's won't be without consequence for us.
Third, no one was trolling, and they were no conspiracy theories. Ofc some wild theories may appear if NO ONE is giving us bit of information. But we received information from two CD on the reasons why they retired, so they were definitely no crazy theories.

I find the lock completely unjustified. And maybe it is not the truth but it seriously looks like team CC doesn't want us to talk about it.

Please remove the lock and let us have this conversation.

Dave should give an answer. At least an annoucement about how CD are doing with all the changes.

If you wish to keep to the rules then this should be posted in CC Discussion, not clans

First, NO.. a warning is a courtesy which we often give, but not a requirement.
Second, maybe it was. It was one side of the story, normally there are 2 sides with the truth somewhere in the middle.
Third, seriously. I think you might need to read that again.

I am sure dave will post something in the next few days. Just give the new team time to settle first. There is no real rush, CC has 24 hour turns. Let them get it right and not rush out with the wrong answers. The world will not fall apart.
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby shoop76 on Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 am

If you wish to keep to the rules then this should be posted in CC Discussion, not clans

Why? Is this not clan related?

Why are you locking it? If the clan department saw an issue with the thread they could have done so. Or at least posted something there.

We have heard nothing from Dave, only his clan mates blindly and, what I hear from my non S&M sources, inaccurately defending him. Of course, like you said, there are always 2 sides to the story. Anyway, would be nice to hear an update from the clan department. Usually that goes along with appointing new leaders.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:13 am

Third, seriously. I think you might need to read that again.

The ex-CDs hardly gave any information and most information they gave was prompted because xroads was baiting them. The only real troll in that topic is xroads, no need to lock the whole thread imo. I know it wasnt your decision to lock the thread, but if critical thinking wrt the current leaving/quitting of 3/4 of the old team is seen as trolling, idk if I even want to read this forums anymore.

Don is right that the clan world deserves an explanation from the head CD. It would be very helpful if someone (other than JD) would post that there will be an explanation on a set date or something. Even the new guys were not introduced/announced officially.

shoop76 wrote:

Why? Is this not clan related?

Topics discussing locks always need to go to GD according to policy.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 am

TeeGee wrote:I am sure dave will post something in the next few days. Just give the new team time to settle first. There is no real rush, CC has 24 hour turns. Let them get it right and not rush out with the wrong answers. The world will not fall apart.

shoop76 wrote:

We have heard nothing from Dave, only his clan mates blindly and, what I hear from my non S&M sources, inaccurately defending him. Of course, like you said, there are always 2 sides to the story. Anyway, would be nice to hear an update from the clan department. Usually that goes along with appointing new leaders.

Extreme Ways wrote:
Don is right that the clan world deserves an explanation from the head CD. It would be very helpful if someone (other than JD) would post that there will be an explanation on a set date or something. Even the new guys were not introduced/announced officially.

I would just like to re-iterate the point made by TeeGee. Currently, it has been 2 days since some of the CD's left. Give us some time to sort some things out. I think that would be the best interest in all of us.

Even though you don't want to hear from me, I won't take it personally. 8-[
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Return to Clan Archives