Conquer Club

Clan Tournaments & Requests

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Clan Tournaments & Requests

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:25 am

Hi all,

As most of you will know: I'm back as the Clan Tournament Director. As such I would like ask all TOs and War Thread Managers to update the threads in "Active Challenges", if you have not done so recently. I'd like to get up to date with everything asap.

I will also be running the Official Clan Tournaments again, CL and CCup. CL10 is set to start in October, as usual, and I will be working on the sign-up thread. Is there anybody out there willing and able to make us a new banner for CL10? I'm sure we can get something better than my banners in the past! While you're at it, maybe we can use a new banner for the upcoming CC9 as well?

Thanks in advance,

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Clan Tournaments & Requests

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:13 am

Will you open discussion on the CL10 format ?
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:50 am

Donelladan wrote:Will you open discussion on the CL10 format ?

If it is needed. From what I read so far, most people seem to be happy with the format.

And if we are to start in October there is not much time for discussion, implementing changes and setting it all up.

I was brought in previously to get the Official Clan Tournaments into shape. Sometimes I had to do that in a somewhat undemocratic manner to get things done. In think they still are in good shape and I think we don't want any drastic changes, because it's all working smoothly. However, I'm always happy to listen, setting up a discussion topic in CD & F would be the way to go.

Hope that helps,

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Donelladan on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:55 am

I don't think making a public discussion would be a problem, given that we'll get a low number of answers anyway. What if I set up a discussion topic here ?

Do you intend to take the exact same format than for the CL9 ? ( if I set up the topic, I need to know what is the proposed format :) )
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Lindax on Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Donelladan wrote:I don't think making a public discussion would be a problem, given that we'll get a low number of answers anyway. What if I set up a discussion topic here ?

Do you intend to take the exact same format than for the CL9 ? ( if I set up the topic, I need to know what is the proposed format :) )

For now I'm planning to keep the same format.

As you know CD & F is the platform created for this kind of discussions and I don;t get why you are reluctant to use it.

I am personally willing to give it a try here, but if it goes off track or we get 1 or 2 clans inundating the discussion by a whole bunch of their members, I will ask you to move it to CD & F.

I guess our fearless leader would have to give the ultimate go-ahead though.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:44 pm

CD&F is a very dead and virtually useless forum, which is why there were plans to change its use.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby davekettering on Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:46 pm

Let's go ahead and make it a public discussion. If it becomes problematic, we can make it then to CD & f.

Dave
Major davekettering

Postby benga on Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:50 am

Last CL was pure and clean fun & fight.

Possibly adding more spice would be (considering CL & RL are not overlapping) to add a CL Cup.

Like that all clans would be in chance of winning the same trophy, especially cause the amount of games is smaller than a regular war.
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:29 am

benga wrote:Last CL was pure and clean fun & fight.

Possibly adding more spice would be (considering CL & RL are not overlapping) to add a CL Cup.

Like that all clans would be in chance of winning the same trophy, especially cause the amount of games is smaller than a regular war.

You mean an elimination tournament in CL style, with 16 games per round? Like a quicker, shorter CCup without full clan wars?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby benga on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:31 am

Lindax wrote:

You mean an elimination tournament in CL style, with 16 games per round? Like a quicker, shorter CCup without full clan wars?

Lx

yeah something like that, don't have specifics, but it would be open for both prem and 1st div clans

possibly resemble the FA cup
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:04 am

benga wrote:
Lindax wrote:

Lx

yeah something like that, don't have specifics, but it would be open for both prem and 1st div clans

possibly resemble the FA cup

Let's see if there is any interest. Maybe for in between the CLs? Say, April/May to October?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby benga on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:54 am

don't expect more then 5 rounds of knock-out:
round of 32
round of 16
round of 8
round of 4
finals

from last year with knock-out
Start Round 1: 15th October
round of 32
Start Round 2: 29th October
Start Round 3: 12th November
round of 16
Start Round 4: 26th November
Start Round 5: 10th December

Christmas and New Year Break

Start Round 6: 7th January
round of 8
Start Round 7: 21st January
Start Round 8: 4th February
round of 4
Start Round 9: 18th February
finals

that would be 2+2+2 per round for both clans that totals 13 games (game 13 is a tiebreaker)

but possibly with random seed would attract clans that didn't/won't participate on CL (with winning clan securing the position in prem league)

but this is just a thought, not sure if clans are willing to add more games...
Sergeant benga

Postby Lindax on Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Following the idea of benga (thanks for that).

So, a relatively sweet and short knock-out tournament, with the set-up and rules the same as CL (except it's not a league). Not too many games per round, so it can be played over a few months, maybe after CL10 and before CL11.

Obviously the details would have to be worked out, but would your clan be interested in something like that?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Caymanmew on Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:45 pm

I personally like benga's timetable of doing it during CL10. It is not to many games and would make it feel more connected to CL10 rather then doing it later in which it feels more like a new small tournament. If we feel like it is to many games though maybe doing it right after CL10 would work.

I like the idea of random seed as well. It lets some clans have a shot of going farther then normal due to a lucky draw. It could also force some top clans to have a real hard time moving to the end. Best clan would still win of course but it would create at situation where we have a very different look to the bracket then we normally do.

Either way ATL would be interested for sure.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Lindax on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:45 pm

Thanks cayman.

And a thank you to EBConquer, who was kind enough to send me a banner for CL10!

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:09 pm

He should be on Team CC just to make the graphics for everything.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:30 am

I'm not sure if this was indirectly assumed, but a "league cup" would imo need a limit of times you can play a map that carries over to the next rounds.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:27 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I'm not sure if this was indirectly assumed, but a "league cup" would imo need a limit of times you can play a map that carries over to the next rounds.

It would be interesting to see a league that had restrictions on choosing your home maps, lets say, only once.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Caymanmew on Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:I'm not sure if this was indirectly assumed, but a "league cup" would imo need a limit of times you can play a map that carries over to the next rounds.

It would be interesting to see a league that had restrictions on choosing your home maps, lets say, only once.

Each map only once for the whole cup? That would be interesting and put better clans into a tough position of wanting to save their maps but also needing to make sure they win. I like that.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Donelladan on Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Lindax wrote:
Donelladan wrote:I don't think making a public discussion would be a problem, given that we'll get a low number of answers anyway. What if I set up a discussion topic here ?

For now I'm planning to keep the same format.

As you know CD & F is the platform created for this kind of discussions and I don;t get why you are reluctant to use it.

I am personally willing to give it a try here, but if it goes off track or we get 1 or 2 clans inundating the discussion by a whole bunch of their members, I will ask you to move it to CD & F.

I guess our fearless leader would have to give the ultimate go-ahead though.

Lx

Thx for that, ( and thx dave ).
Just went through the CL9 rules ( I didn't before since LHDD didn't participate).
I actually have no change request so I am not opening a topic to debate CL10 rules. But it's good to know that you are willing to consider it if someone want to.
LHDD will (very probably) join CL10, hence me asking orginally.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Lindax on Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:36 pm

Donelladan wrote:Thx for that, ( and thx dave ).
Just went through the CL9 rules ( I didn't before since LHDD didn't participate).
I actually have no change request so I am not opening a topic to debate CL10 rules. But it's good to know that you are willing to consider it if someone want to.
LHDD will (very probably) join CL10, hence me asking orginally.

Thanks for the update.

I will proceed with the preparations and post the sign-up thread before the end of August.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:22 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:He should be on Team CC just to make the graphics for everything.

He is and he does. Maybe not everything, but a HUGE number of events.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:54 am

Dukasaur wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:He should be on Team CC just to make the graphics for everything.

He is and he does. Maybe not everything, but a HUGE number of events.

It’s pretty obvious when he’s done it or it was someone else. Good stuff.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Clan Archives