Conquer Club

Conquer Madness!!! (winners in OP)

Tournaments Completed in 2020

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Conquer Madness!!! (winners in OP)

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:30 pm

shoop76 wrote:Congrats to our champions!!!

Elaterate
Caymanmew
misteryforall
kaiser szami
zabeast

HOSTED BY: Elaterate and shoop76

College Basketball is right around the corner and even if you're not a fan this is going to be a fun and long, just like a basketball season, Tournament... March Madness=Conquer Madness!!!

Looking for 24 Teams of 5 players each EDIT** This Tournament will have a total of 20 Teams

There will be 3 "Stages" to this Tournament.

Your 5 player Team will be broken down into Mainly 2 teams, 1 Triples and 1 Doubles (You choose, but you cannot change them throughout the Tournament) but you will be playing Quads games as well.

Your 5 player Team will pick ONE map/settings to be your "Home" map/settings for ALL 3 different teams. (Same map/settings for all teams)

There will be 4 "Conferences" with 6 teams each (EDIT** 5 teams in each conference now) and the placement of what teams are in what Conference will be determined by the NON-CONFERENCE part of our Season/Tournament.

show: Stage 1 - NON-CONFERENCE

show: STAGE 2 - CONFERENCE GAMES

show: FINAL STAGE

STAGE 1: New game invites will be sent every Sunday.
STAGE 2: New game invites (4 for each team) will be sent every other Sunday (skipping Dec. 23rd).
STAGE 3: New game invites for rounds 3 and 4 sent TBD

ALL Games will be played with a 30 round limit.

There WILL be a Prize pool of 8500 Credits AND Stars!!!

show: Prizes

Please choose which College Basketball Team you would like to represent (No repeats please) and thanks for taking the time to read this and/or join my Tournament.
Last edited by Elaterate on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:10 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Captain Elaterate

Re: March Madness = Conquer Madness!!!

Postby Elaterate on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:34 pm

I will be using this Comment board to post the Teams as they sign up....

Team # 1: (Princeton Tigers) - Robespierre__, Uckuki, Iamcaffeine, Ukey, Zidane - 21 (Poison Rome/Escalating/Chained/Fog)

Team # 2: (N.C. St. Wolfpack) - swimmerdude99, hjelp, CaronylKluster, Conde180711, *pixar* (Conquer Rome/No Spoils/Chained/Fog)

Team # 3: (Oregon Ducks) - Elaterate, caymanmew, Kaiser Szami, misteryforall, ZaBeast (D-Day: Omaha Beach/No Spoils/Chained/Trench/Fog)

Team # 4: (Duke Blue Devils) - itsthegeneral, Wizz00, igotaished, bluesblazzer, jfm10, G0rgatr0n (Lunar Wars/No Spoils/Trench/Fog)

Team # 5: (Missouri Tigers) - MyNameIsJack, Mojo2222, Mageplunka69, TheTrueNorth, Ecor (Baltic Crusades/No Spoils/Chained/Trench/Fog)

Team # 6: (Northwestern Wildcats) - Evil Semp, Lord Banner, DukeHazzard, denominator, smwhitey , updalions (Baltic Crusades/Flat Rate/Chained/Fog)

Team # 7: (Notre Dame Fighting Irish) - Will Lee, Lord Arioch, knowman, bobbythomson, celliottii (WW-II Poland/Escalating/Chained/Fog)

Team # 8: (TCU Horned Frogs) - joshzam, Ragian, Darin44, tokle, pershy (Tribal War - Florida/No Spoils/Adjacent/Fog)

Team # 9: (Michigan St. Spartans) - DBandit70, bfunny27, dustin800, Robin Williams, JoelNRob, serram, Phil Gates, artillery77 (Waterloo/Flat Rate/Chained/Sunny)

Team # 10: (Kentucky Wildcats) - groovysmurf, JPlo64, madmom, Denise, MudPuppy (France 2.1/No Spoils/Chained/Fog/Trench)

Team # 11: (South Carolina Gamecocks) - shoop76, Tin trumpet, enormastitz, akabob2, generaltaken (Arms Race/No Spoils/Chained/Fog/Trench)

Team # 12: (Pitt. Panthers) - Shoe555, onecoolbiker69, King Edward 3rd, Thor60, Killuminati19 (Pearl Harbor/No Spoils/Chained/Fog)

Team # 13: (Grand Valley St. Lakers) - catstevens, stollmike, casperr, slaylark, Hawkeye (Eurasia/Flat Rate/Chained/Fog)

Team # 14: (Illinois Fighting Illini) - cpusurfer, GloriousPack, Trevor33, Tucktovich, Prince_Tottenham, worldconquer (Oasis/No Spoils/Chained/Fog/Trench)

Team # 15: (Syracuse Orange) - jytreberg, dan the general, rmjw10, General Bax, tfh182, Amos811, anonymus (Jamaice/Flate Rate/Chained/Fog)

Team # 16: (Northen Illinois Huskies) - keefie, Jurasu, brsteelers74, badmunkay, fc1966, GreenBaize, Johnny Dickshot (Classic Cities: Pot Mosbi/Escalating/Chained/Fog)

Team # 17: (Kansas Jayhawks) - Domination_44, J1mathman , TDJ-D, D3A7H, sportsgod24 (Tribal Wars: Florida/Escalating/Parachute/Fog)

Team # 18: (Maryland Terrapins) - itake, craigv, mdhill, bariclaw, elddir (USA 2.1/No Spoils/Parachute/Trench/Fog)

Team # 19: (Ohio State Buckeyes) - All Black Rugby, davekettering, MTIceman41, emilywink, Astoriana (Rail South America /Escalating/Parachute/Fog)

Team # 20: (UNLV Runnin Rebels) - mint-murray. c c, mcshanester29, Bullinger, cazmart - (Salem Switch/Nuclear/Parachute/Trench/Fog)

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?res ... wKwzKG6OPg
Last edited by Elaterate on Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 64 times in total.
Captain Elaterate

Postby tfh182 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:42 pm

sign me up sounds great.........
Corporal tfh182

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 am

wow, expecting 120 people? Isn't that a bit ambitious? (not that it's a bad thing, I just think it's unlikely you'll get 120 people in. Surprise me :D )

For stage 2, I feel it would be better to pool the conference like the final is. Having the 6 best team in one conference is like having an over-the-top "group of death". And it gives no incentive to perform on the non-conference stage as you should end up with an easier conference if you do poorly.

What's the tie-breaker for two teams qualified for the final that have the same score (how would you determine in which seed they are)?

Final stage, round 1 & 2 --> shouldn't it be best of 9? (4 doubles+5 trips)

Finally, isn't the game load going to be pretty high? 10 team games per week for the conference stage, and you need to add to the games that will carry over from the 1st week for the second week. I would stretch at least that part up if I were you.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Caymanmew on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 am

ZaBeast wrote:wow, expecting 120 people? Isn't that a bit ambitious? (not that it's a bad thing, I just think it's unlikely you'll get 120 people in. Surprise me :D )

For stage 2, I feel it would be better to pool the conference like the final is. Having the 6 best team in one conference is like having an over-the-top "group of death". And it gives no incentive to perform on the non-conference stage as you should end up with an easier conference if you do poorly.

What's the tie-breaker for two teams qualified for the final that have the same score (how would you determine in which seed they are)?

Finally, isn't the game load going to be pretty high? 10 team games per week for the conference stage, and you need to add to the games that will carry over from the 1st week for the second week. I would stretch at least that part up if I were you.

My understanding is that the Conference stage will have 10 games over 10 weeks not 10 games a week for 10 weeks.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby Elaterate on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:46 am

ZaBeast wrote:wow, expecting 120 people? Isn't that a bit ambitious? (not that it's a bad thing, I just think it's unlikely you'll get 120 people in. Surprise me :D )

I like to ambitious :)

For Stage 2: Just like in college basketball there are conferences out there that have way more stronger teams then the "smaller" schools so that is why I designed it that way. I really hope a team wouldn't throw a game to get into what they see/think is a weaker conference.

Final Stage: Round 1 & 2 I kept at best of 7 so the next round(s) would be more games without getting out of hand with the game load for the players.

Finally about the game load for the conference stage... it is not 10 games/week... it is 2, 1 Triples and 1 Doubles, both either at home map or away. When I said "coming to a total of 10 games/weeks" I meant a total of 10 games for each the Triples Team and Doubles team in a 10 week period. So only 1 game/week would be sent out to each individual team during the Conference Stage. I expect some games to carry over and that is why it is only 1 a week per individual team during that stage. Forgot to mention how I wanted the final stage games to be sent out/played simultaneously... thoughts on that?

Edit* This was very early in the morning and my math was wrong. Correct game count has been edited in O.P.
Last edited by Elaterate on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Elaterate

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:09 am

I still feel the best teams in the non-conference stage should be somewhat separated in the conference stage. 10 week to determine in which conference you play with, but with nothing to show at the end seems a bit pointless. Maybe at least do something like 1-2-3-10-11-12; 4-5-6-7-8-9; 13-14-15-22-23-24; 16-17-18-19-20-21 or other variations if you still want some conferences stronger than others.
Makes more sense for the conference games. For the final stage, 4 at a time is fine, I would send the championship ones in 2 batches though.
You haven't replied about the round 1 and 2 of the finals that are supposed to be best of 7 but have 5+4 games.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Elaterate on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:27 am

ZaBeast wrote:I still feel the best teams in the non-conference stage should be somewhat separated in the conference stage. 10 week to determine in which conference you play with, but with nothing to show at the end seems a bit pointless. Maybe at least do something like 1-2-3-10-11-12; 4-5-6-7-8-9; 13-14-15-22-23-24; 16-17-18-19-20-21 or other variations if you still want some conferences stronger than others.
Makes more sense for the conference games. For the final stage, 4 at a time is fine, I would send the championship ones in 2 batches though.
You haven't replied about the round 1 and 2 of the finals that are supposed to be best of 7 but have 5+4 games.

I did, I wanted to keep rounds 1 & 2 in the final stage best of 7 games (up to this point every player has been receiving 1 game invite a week, this just bumps it up but not much) to keep the game load reasonable and also so that the amount of total games your team plays increases each round after round 2 without getting out of hand. Another reason I have it at best of 7 in those first rounds is because there won't be teams playing each other with the same seed, rounds 3 and 4 you can be playing a team with the same seed. I like the 4 at time idea. I was also putting thought into the 1-2-3-10-11-12 idea as well, thanks for mentioning it.
Captain Elaterate

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:31 am

Elaterate wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:I still feel the best teams in the non-conference stage should be somewhat separated in the conference stage. 10 week to determine in which conference you play with, but with nothing to show at the end seems a bit pointless. Maybe at least do something like 1-2-3-10-11-12; 4-5-6-7-8-9; 13-14-15-22-23-24; 16-17-18-19-20-21 or other variations if you still want some conferences stronger than others.

I did, I wanted to keep rounds 1 & 2 in the final stage best of 7 games (up to this point every player has been receiving 1 game invite a week, this just bumps it up but not much) to keep the game load reasonable and also so that the amount of total games your team plays increases each round after round 2 without getting out of hand. Another reason I have it at best of 7 in those first rounds is because there won't be teams playing each other with the same seed, rounds 3 and 4 you can be playing a team with the same seed. I like the 4 at time idea. I was also putting thought into the 1-2-3-10-11-12 idea as well, thanks for mentioning it.

My point is you say they are best of 7, but also say there are 4 doubles and 5 triple games (total of 9). So which one is it?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Elaterate on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:55 am

Now I see what you mean, I can't math at this hour lol. Fixing now...
Captain Elaterate

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:57 pm

id join
Major BabySasuke

Postby jytreberg on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am

I'd love to join a team if this gets rolling.
Private jytreberg

Postby DBandit70 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:04 pm

Hey elaterate I was wondering if the tourney is open for joining
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Some extra discussion has been trimmed from this thread per the organiser's request. The tournament is open for business.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Elaterate on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:42 pm

DBandit70 wrote:Hey elaterate I was wondering if the tourney is open for joining

Yes. Bring a Team or I can try to put together teams with people that come without a team
Captain Elaterate

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Save the NC. State Wolfpack a slot.

swimmerdude99
CaronylKluster
Conde180711
*pixar*
hjelp
Last edited by Swimmerdude99 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby itstheGeneral on Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:59 pm

PUT ME IN PLEASE.... 5 PLAYER TEAM TBA SOON..
Major itstheGeneral

Location: When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die., CHEATS DON'T LET YOU SEE A FOG MAP..

Postby BabySasuke on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Missouri tigers
Mojo2222
Mageplunka69
TheTrueNorth
Ecor
MyNameIsJack

Baltic Crusades, Fog Trench No Spoils Chained
Last edited by BabySasuke on Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major BabySasuke

Postby Robespierre__ on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Save the Princeton Tigers .... I got five in the works ....

OK so far ....

Robespierre__
Uckuki
Iamcaffeine
Ukey
Zidane - 21

Dubs: Uckuki & Zidane - 21
Trips: Ukey, Caff, Robes

Poison Rome (Escalating, Chained, Fog)
Last edited by Robespierre__ on Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Major Robespierre__

Postby hjelp on Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:58 pm

I can John team 2 8-)
Captain hjelp

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:42 pm

I will get a team.

Team name TBD later.

One Question. If a sitter is needed should it be someone on your team? I am going on vacation in Oct.

Here are my team members.

Lord Banner
DukeHazzard
denominator
updalions
Baltic Crusades. Flat rate, fog, chained
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Elaterate on Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 pm

Evil Semp wrote:I will get a team.

Team name TBD later.

One Question. If a sitter is needed should it be someone on your team? I am going on vacation in Oct.

A sitter from your team seems like it would be easier on the sitter to watch the games for you but as far as I know as long as the sitter is not on the opposing team in the game you need a sitter for anyone else should be fine to use as a sitter.
Captain Elaterate

Postby Will Lee on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:52 pm

I will get back with a team. Sign me up for now, please.
Sergeant Will Lee

Postby joshzam on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:10 pm

In, please. Team details to follow...

Thanks!
This is not a sig
Major joshzam

Postby DBandit70 on Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:34 pm

in please

I'll be back with my 5 player team

team) Michigan St. Spartans