Conquer Club

Closed team play abuse(SN)

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

team play abuse(SN)

Postby BabySasuke on Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Game 18488333

check chat for whom is making a truce pretty quickly, with other suspect dialogue, check what they have said, and there history together

truce doesnt even have terms, immediate yes, and frequent team mistaking game for a team game... seems abusive

not even just games with me in it, which is evident anyways, but i assume it happens frequently with how fluid it was
Major BabySasuke

Re: team play abuse

Postby Keefie on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm struggling to understand what you are accusing them of doing wrong ?
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby BabySasuke on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 pm

Seems like a form of secret diplomacy when no terms where asked about truce, both agreed, and they thought it was doubles off the bat anyways, just seems shady to me from them
Major BabySasuke

Postby Symmetry on Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:48 pm

Jack, we recently made up, but you shouldn't keep this kind of report secret from players in the game, so I let them know.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:23 pm

I'd like to pipe in and say, Jackson brother, You filled out this report wrong, There has to be linked names of the accused along with game link, then SD would be the Topic seeing they appear to be friends from what I read, But the report is wrong.

It has been known though, that friends who play together here on standard settings, Do have the uncontrollable edge over those who may be just aquaintances in game, Or those who have been here long enough to know that the uncontrollable urge to help your friend or collaborate,,,,,Is a big no no! '')
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby kevin diRt on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Happy to weigh in here. There is no collaboration and no secret diplomacy.

You can see in the chat that I asked BOTH MyNameIsJack and The Freshmaker if there was a way for us to avoid fighting at the moment. They were the two players on my border who could be bonused before me, and it seemed like my best bet was to let them focus on fighting each other for the adjacent bonuses. That doesn't seem like an unusual request.

Specifically, I asked MyNameIsJack if he could go the other way, and The Freshmaker if we could "work something out," to which he replied affirmatively. That isn't a truce, it's an invitation to negotiate; there were no truce terms because there was no truce. In any case, it was all in game chat as is proper.

It is true that The Freshmaker is a frequent doubles partner of mine. I often invite him to doubles games but I don't invite him to singles unless it's a 1v1. I used the wrong search criteria in the game finder when looking for doubles games and mistakenly invited The Freshmaker to the game referenced above. I mentioned that in chat as an apology.
Major kevin diRt

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:10 pm

kevin diRt wrote:Happy to weigh in here. There is no collaboration and no secret diplomacy.

You can see in the chat that I asked BOTH MyNameIsJack and The Freshmaker if there was a way for us to avoid fighting at the moment. They were the two players on my border who could be bonused before me, and it seemed like my best bet was to let them focus on fighting each other for the adjacent bonuses. That doesn't seem like an unusual request.

Specifically, I asked MyNameIsJack if he could go the other way, and The Freshmaker if we could "work something out," to which he replied affirmatively. That isn't a truce, it's an invitation to negotiate; there were no truce terms because there was no truce. In any case, it was all in game chat as is proper.

It is true that The Freshmaker is a frequent doubles partner of mine. I often invite him to doubles games but I don't invite him to singles unless it's a 1v1. I used the wrong search criteria in the game finder when looking for doubles games and mistakenly invited The Freshmaker to the game referenced above. I mentioned that in chat as an apology.

Well said.

Cheers.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Re: team play abuse(SN)

Postby sniffie on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:12 am

So basicly, the reason these two are accused is because they made a truce without using many words.
Sometimes, around here things 'go without saying' and not attacking until attacked is a strategy players use.
I cannot see through the fog so I cannot verdict as of yet.
But for now I don't think there is anything fishy going on here.

Sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby tfh182 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:38 pm

My name is Jack has made some very good points... But it all goes back to that old saying...."If you cheat but don't get caught is it really cheating.'

or is it, "cheaters never win and winners never cheat."

I do remember that when my wife cheated on me it made me feel bad...but I got over it...

I think I have said enough for today....
Corporal tfh182

Postby elfish_lad on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:21 am

tfh182 wrote:My name is Jack has made some very good points... But it all goes back to that old saying...."If you cheat but don't get caught is it really cheating.'

or is it, "cheaters never win and winners never cheat."

I do remember that when my wife cheated on me it made me feel bad...but I got over it...

I think I have said enough for today....

Huh. I’ve come back to this post because, well, what you are saying makes zero sense to me.

Cheating? Is cheating. It ALWAYS has consequences in life. This? As far as I can read in the game chat? Not cheating.

Sometimes? Familiarity does not breed contempt but a common understanding of how to proceed.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:45 am

Got to be honest- I really feel that accusing someone of cheating in an ongoing game is, at best, poor sportsmanship, and at worst, cheating unless you have really solid evidence. Players need to be told if there's an accusation against them, obviously, but the very accusation in an ongoing game changes the way the game is played.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby king achilles on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Everything seems to be within the rules for this game. Just because two players have a history together doesn't mean we can immediately assume they are in a secret alliance when they are in a non-team game together.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Return to Closed C&A Reports