Conquer Club

The State of Clans

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The State of Clans

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:40 am

Keefie wrote:I got thinking, after hearing this week about the demise of another long term clan. What is the current state of the clan world we all love ? We can all go to the Clan Tab and take a look at a clan and think, wow they've got 34 players they must be doing just fine. The reality is that they only have 14 of 15 active players and no active leader.

Take HH, we currently have 21 players on the books. In reality we have 13 premium and 4 freemium members who I can call on. We are in the process of recruiting (something that is also becoming harder)

So I thought I'd take the pulse of the clan world by way of a traffic light system

Green = Strong = 20+ Active Members and strong leadership
Amber = At Risk = 15 to 19 Active Members and strong leadership
Yellow = Vulnerable = Under 15 Active Members and strong leadership
Red = Critical = Less than 15 Active members and/or weak inactive leadership *

* Clans with 15 or over active members but who have weak/inactive leaders should rate themselves as red.

I'll kick off by rating HH as Amber

AFOS is Yellow. We have close to 10-11 active members. We are trying to get that number up.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Razorvich on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:05 am

Green = Strong = 20+ Active Members and strong leadership

Ongoing internal tourneys and clan battles..... when games are made HAHAHA

Just started our 2nd Mafia, welcome seasoned players as well as those just interested in Mafia and other events.

BRING IT !!
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby xroads on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 pm

problem is players are still leaving the site in droves, and those that remain are quickly losing interest.

Pulse of CC=Pulse of clans
Major xroads

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Salut CC Brothers & Sisters! '')>

TOP is in the GREEN light district!

I sincerely wish the best, not only to all clans, But to all of us here in CC, A place we all love to visit and have fun with all who we have met here!

I would suggest if possible, that clans who may be in trouble of disappearing, Try and merge with other clans in need of help existing, instead of two clans dieing, Try and merge to make 1 Alive? '')>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:38 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I think Amber doesn't need to be at risk, more like just cruising.

With hindsight I agree. I've changed it from At risk to Stable.

AFOS, you rate yourselves Yellow (vulnerable) but you only have 10/11 active players. That definitely makes you guys Red and critical.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby The_Samurai on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:38 pm

RET is green with about 25 active members (although a few of them with very limited game count) and with active leadership. We are still in contact with over 60% of our inactive players who took a break due to studies etc and have been active on and off over the last 3 years
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:40 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:Salut CC Brothers & Sisters! '')>

TOP is in the GREEN light district!

I sincerely wish the best, not only to all clans, But to all of us here in CC, A place we all love to visit and have fun with all who we have met here!

I would suggest if possible, that clans who may be in trouble of disappearing, Try and merge with other clans in need of help existing, instead of two clans dieing, Try and merge to make 1 Alive? '')>

Merging is typically the way most clans go now rather than just disbanding completely. It's basically common practice in fact.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Keefie wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I think Amber doesn't need to be at risk, more like just cruising.

AFOS, you rate yourselves Yellow (vulnerable) but you only have 10/11 active players. That definitely makes you guys Red and critical.

We have great leadership right now. Would that not classify for Yellow (per your guideline)?
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Keefie on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Keefie wrote:

We have great leadership right now. Would that not classify for Yellow (per your guideline)?

My guideline for red says under 15 active members and/or weak leadership.

You are without doubt critical, if you only have 10 active members and lose one, then you cannot compete anymore.
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Keefie wrote:My guideline for red says under 15 active members and/or weak leadership.

You are without doubt critical, if you only have 10 active members and lose one, then you cannot compete anymore.

Keefie wrote:Green = Strong = 20+ Active Members and strong leadership
Amber = Stable = 15 to 19 Active Members and strong leadership

Your guide also says under 15 with strong leadership is vulnerable.

I think you probably need to re-structure your criteria.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Keefie wrote:My guideline for red says under 15 active members and/or weak leadership.

Keefie wrote:Green = Strong = 20+ Active Members and strong leadership
Amber = Stable = 15 to 19 Active Members and strong leadership

Your guide also says under 15 with strong leadership is vulnerable.

I think you probably need to re-structure your criteria.

Yellow = Under 15 active with slipping leadership?
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby riskllama on Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 pm

in canada, traffic signals usually only have 3 lights : red, yellow/amber & green - perhaps you should eliminate one of your categories, keefie...as there appears to be some confusion atm.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby itake on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Ascension is Amber by your ranking, but with 18 members and strong (if not new and slightly incompetent) leadership. We were always on the smaller side when we were Aeternus and function better that way. That said, we always have room for good players... so if anyone wants to join the family, shoot me or elddir a PM.

Was this supposed to be a recruiting thread?

Best gamechat ever! Game 12681497
Colonel itake

Postby updalions on Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:18 pm

FIASCO has 25+ Active members and strong leadership so by your criteria that'd place us as Green.

However I personally would rate us as Amber as we rely heavily on one person in particular for general leadership and the loss of him would jeopardise things.
Major updalions

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:15 pm

riskllama wrote:in canada, traffic signals usually only have 3 lights : red, yellow/amber & green - perhaps you should eliminate one of your categories, keefie...as there appears to be some confusion atm.

Quite on the contrary, I think a rating system with less than 7 categories is completely hopeless.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby riskllama on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
riskllama wrote:in canada, traffic signals usually only have 3 lights : red, yellow/amber & green - perhaps you should eliminate one of your categories, keefie...as there appears to be some confusion atm.

Quite on the contrary, I think a rating system with less than 7 categories is completely hopeless.

lol, fair enough - do we at least get a poll to pick what the other colours are going to be?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby ScaryTeded on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Hmmm not your Issue When we had Issues you turned a blind eye Look at TOP rape and pillage .... sorry mags not you but you allowed it...
Sergeant ScaryTeded

Postby riskllama on Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:40 pm

ScaryTeded wrote:Hmmm not your Issue When we had Issues you turned a blind eye Look at TOP rape and pillage .... sorry mags not you but you allowed it...

lolwut
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jltile1 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:42 am

Pack is merging with lots now :)
Major jltile1

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:54 am

ScaryTeded wrote:Hmmm not your Issue When we had Issues you turned a blind eye Look at TOP rape and pillage .... sorry mags not you but you allowed it...

I'm sorry you feel that way Teddy bro! It wasn't a rape or pillage though, It was a willful act of many players who came to TOP family.

My suggestion to you, Because I know you have a lot of great player/persons including yourself, Is to find another clan to merge with (particularly one with active leader(s)) and attempt a superpower that both together can be strong and proud of? And I would always be willing to help LOTZ, As I was rooting for you guys when you started! '')>

\MGM/
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Keefie on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:

I'm sorry you feel that way Teddy bro! It wasn't a rape or pillage though, It was a willful act of many players who came to TOP family.

My suggestion to you, Because I know you have a lot of great player/persons including yourself, Is to find another clan to merge with (particularly one with active leader(s)) and attempt a superpower that both together can be strong and proud of? And I would always be willing to help LOTZ, As I was rooting for you guys when you started! '')>

\MGM/

Is that what you really meant to say Mags ? LOTZ were formed two years before you joined the site :shock: :lol:
Colonel Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:41 am

Keefie wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:

\MGM/

Is that what you really meant to say Mags ? LOTZ were formed two years before you joined the site :shock: :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=440&t=218738#p4836086

Yah, its really what I meant to say, maybe should of said "started it back up", idk, but my words of encouragement? Its all there! 8-)

\MGM/♎
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby rockfist on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Hmm merge and form a Superpower. It has a certain ring to it...But what would constitute a Superpower?
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

rockfist wrote:Hmm merge and form a Superpower. It has a certain ring to it...But what would constitute a Superpower?

The ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound!
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby rockfist on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:29 pm

I can leap over a phone book with a picture of a building on it...that's gotta count for something.
Brigadier rockfist

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives