Conquer Club

Resign Feature Adjustment

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Resign Feature Adjustment

Postby elfish_lad on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:41 pm

For speed players, allow worthy opponents to resign, in head to head play, anytime after the drop five (5) times every 24 hours.

Or?

For speed players, allow worthy opponents to resign, in head to head play, after the fifth (5th) round with zero (0) limitations.

Why? On small maps, with various settings, in head to head play, both players often know the game is done very, very quickly. We play each other quite often and, even with the resign button/feature that has been implemented, we dead-beat the hell out of each other. It is easy to chart this reality within any 24 hour period. We are still choosing to “db” because it’s faster (or easier, more convenient), than waiting for current resign limits.

We (CC) know how to catch/report cheaters.

We (CC) have a paid staff person and worthy volunteers (two of whom helped implement Resign Feature 1.10) who will help us stop point dumpers.

Free the Guillotine.

Free the Ronin to Seppuku.

This (these) adjustment(s) might make head to head speeders (which is a super unique InterWebs feature) popular once more.

With Sincerity and Thanks in Consideration,

The Elf.

Edit: and everyone is a worthy opponent until they show otherwise.
Major elfish_lad

Re: Resign Feature Adjustment

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am

Here is a game that is common among speeders who don’t just “db” or merely walk away: twiddle thine thumbs...

Game 18521268

And for you 7 nonspeeders reading this? Know this, for chronic speed players? We measure time in half seconds, not minutes.
Major elfish_lad

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:51 pm

Here’s an example of a worthy opponent: Game 18522894
Major elfish_lad

Postby elfish_lad on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Never mind. No one gives a shit anymore and I don’t have the energy. Speed is dead anyway.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:57 am

elfish_lad wrote:Never mind. No one gives a shit anymore and I don’t have the energy. Speed is dead anyway.

E.

Well, it's not completely true that no one gives a shit any more. But it took ten years of constant fighting to get the very limited resign button we have now.

I think everyone wants to take a breather for a couple years before starting the next ten-year fight...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Donelladan on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=18554441

just putting this game as a reference.
I might edit this post with more relevant example.
In this case the player was going to deadbeat because no resign button was available. He came back and one turn after the resign button was here, but I had to wall him otherwise he would have deadbeated, and he was able to resign only because he missed one turn, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible, his total troops would have been more than half mine.
This is a special case because it's a trench no fort game, in which it's possible to be in a winning position with less troops than your opponent, and because of the no fort, attacking is often not a good idea, thus taking ages to finish...

That's one clear example that the condition half of the troops to resign, isn't practical.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Donelladan wrote:https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=18554441

just putting this game as a reference.
I might edit this post with more relevant example.
In this case the player was going to deadbeat because no resign button was available. He came back and one turn after the resign button was here, but I had to wall him otherwise he would have deadbeated, and he was able to resign only because he missed one turn, otherwise it wouldn't have been possible, his total troops would have been more than half mine.
This is a special case because it's a trench no fort game, in which it's possible to be in a winning position with less troops than your opponent, and because of the no fort, attacking is often not a good idea, thus taking ages to finish...

That's one clear example that the condition half of the troops to resign, isn't practical.

That's a reason why it's not perfect, not why it isn't practical. At worst games that didn't have a resign button, continue to not have a resign button.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby lgrupido on Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:48 pm

Would like to bump this one.

There should be a Resign button available for every game. This is especially true for the new games, like chess. If there is a resign option there, I don't see it.
Private 1st Class lgrupido

Return to Suggestions