Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: CC has been declining

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Huzzah! More parody threads for bored mods to move!
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby IcePack on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:24 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby denizen22 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am

Maybe all of the online Risk sites should form an affiliation?

You know a group to cross promote and even create cross site tournaments. My version of Risk was just released yesterday. :)

You might have heard about it before. Ten years ago, I played here on Conquer Club.
New Recruit denizen22

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:54 am

How can you ask people to pay premium on a site looking like that?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby HitRed on Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:30 pm

My your future be bright.
Captain HitRed

Postby denizen22 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:39 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:How can you ask people to pay premium on a site looking like that?

Actually, I couldn't care less if people pay Premium. I don't need the money. I get paid a lot of money to do other programming.

The Premium mechanism really is just a weeding tool to keep out the players who would destroy the game by creating too many games, and generally just being annoying.

You think Conquer Club is about money? This site doesn't make much money. Lux Delux doesn't make much money. Selling the game of Risk to people doesn't make much money.

And actually I much prefer the aesthetics of the website design of my site to Conquer Club. Conquer Club is great a great site. I admire the dedication of the users. But the site really is stuck in 1995. It's dang ugly.

The game was modeled after the Steam Client, which is kind of dark, but the simple aesthetics are cool.
New Recruit denizen22

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:57 pm

You're talking like I've been praising Conquer Club. Believe me I'm one of the last people that's about to do that. But as soon as I go onto your website I see poor image quality. Like horrendously poor. That's without actually looking at it from a technical design perspective. You're a programmer, not a designer. It's understandable.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Lieutenant riskllama

Postby xroads on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:55 am

Myself personally having played over 22,000 games find myself quickly loosing interest. Last week I was down to 2 active games, when for the last 11 years I have always had 50+ going.

I have zero waiting games, because they never fill anyway. Finishing up a few auto tournaments and clan commitments then we will see.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby Mad777 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 am

...but wait they brought the stupid ā€œStreet Cornerā€ Forum to hope regaining attraction :-$
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby ConfederateSS on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:12 am

------People can stop trashing the LOOK of C.C.
----I mean you know you are coming here to play R.I.S.K. a board game...The Maps look fine, just like a board game, you know the reason you come to play...If you want X-BOX quality , go play X-Box :lol: ...
-----OH,YEAH 5203,back over 5200 board game lovers :!: =D> =D> =D> =D> ... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Sergeant 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby xroads on Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:27 am

Dont get too excited, a year ago we were at 6500
Lieutenant xroads

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:42 am

New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:18 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

We all here in CC have to do our part, in making sure this CC Community we love, Thrives and survives!?

\MGM/

i welcome every NR i see in GC or via wall post because llama = helping.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:34 pm

riskllama wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:New Recruits are the future, And not enough of us here pay as much attention to them as we ALL should!? Most go about their every day playing games here and posting in forums without the thought of NR's,, Not understanding that without them, The numbers could/will continue to plummet!? Ive been able to capture and hold many NR's attention, Gift memberships, team and teach them, If we all did this, The numbers will rise! But I go into others Superguide games, And found in more cases than not, That the Superguide doesn't even say Hi, Welcome, Im here to help!? I know a lot of NR are silent or don't see the chat, But keep saying Hi, welcome to cc, I'm here to help,, for the small % that does see chat or wants to see that there is a human being on the other side!!??

\MGM/

i welcome every NR i see in GC or via wall post because llama = helping.

Llama! You absolutely do! I have seen over and over your kindness in welcoming them!

You are a great character in CC bro, One that would be sorely missed if ever you left!

Best of luck Always for everyone, In life O:) & WAR!! :twisted:

This is our moment in time that will never be repeated again, We are all gone 4sure in 100 years, so make our blink in time, A fun memorable time, and hope CC is around in 100 years so the legacy We all made here, Is never just 4gotten like this never happened. Bow chicka bow wow! '')>

\MGM/
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby riskllama on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:37 pm

yes mags, i am kind... :-s
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Arama86n on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Well done, both of you!
Major Arama86n

Postby HitRed on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Llama = good egg
Captain HitRed

Postby xroads on Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:59 pm

\MGM/

The problem with NR is they start with the user interface on. Let me tell you it makes it incredibly hard to learn, and even play if you are new to it. I have suggested starting NR with it off until they get used to basic game play, but it fell on deaf ears. (as do all site improvement suggestions)
Lieutenant xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:38 pm

I agree w/ xroads on that one. There are many people who still don't use the interface and I've lost count of how many times I've shown veteran players the best way to utilise it. The majority of brand new players are already having to learn a tonne more settings and maps than they're familiar with; give them a clunky, hard to change and confusing platform to play on and they're gonna be gone.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby xroads on Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:44 pm

The short time I was a guide, most new players couldn't figure it out and left.

Write it down, caff and I agree on something.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:07 pm

I think it's actually the second time fairly recently. I'm starting to question myself.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 am

\MGM/

I agree- a lot of of the established players don'y really bother with the community aspects of the site anymore. Ignoring chat, and the forums, for example, or retreating into clans that new players can't access.

It'd be great if new players could click on the chat room button and get at least one of the many mods, and have some of the top players there showing their support.

As a slight aside- I went to a meeting today about why a new system of benefits isn't working to get people signed up properly. Turns out one of the biggest hurdles was that people had to wait for a reply when they had a problem. They fixed a significant part of their retention problem by just having people on hand to answer simple questions.

Worth considering, perhaps.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion