Conquer Club

Is Global Warming The Greatest Lie In Human History?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Is Global Warming The Greatest Lie In Human History?

Postby demonfork on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:55 pm

Hey Gary, do you think you could condense all of those posts down to one? I'm not going to reply to 50 posts.
Lieutenant demonfork

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 pm

Thanks, RL.

I call 'em as I see 'em. I hate it when someone LIES to try to prove an untenable (or, at best, a controversial) point.

JP

riskllama wrote:nice quintuple post, jusplay...;). that's gotta be a record, i think.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 pm

I think DF JUS NOW admitted that he cannot REFUTE any of my points and that HE LIED.

And for the record, DF, it was only 4. Ask RiskLlama.

And stop lying and stop using hyperbole. It does not help you one iota.

JP

demonfork wrote:Hey Gary, do you think you could condense all of those posts down to one? I'm not going to reply to 50 posts.

Postby riskllama on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 pm

holy f*ck, it was actually 6!!! a new personal best!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:26 pm

Now it's 7, BUT only 4 consecutive, but I thought that is what you were counting, RL. AND not 100, as DF claimed, Falsely.

DF is taking the TZOR approach: If I cannot refute it, will act indignant and offended and run away from the debate because I lost it already.

only a personal best? Well, I guess I need to try harder

JP

riskllama wrote:holy f*ck, it was actually 6!!! a new personal best!!!

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:52 am

Jusplay, your points are valid, but you need to learn to relax and not be angry. Or at least not make it so obvious that you are angry. When you do, people will try to piss you off just as a sport, and that's a positive-feedback loop that just gets out of control.

Trust me, it's happened to me in the past...:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby tzor on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:18 am

riskllama wrote:thank you, President Trump... :roll:

Actually that was the minimum wage laws which are being implemented at the local level.
You can therefore thank the 10th amendment for that. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:31 pm

I am not pissed.

I JUS do not like stooopid responses.

JP

Dukasaur wrote:Jusplay, your points are valid, but you need to learn to relax and not be angry. Or at least not make it so obvious that you are angry. When you do, people will try to piss you off just as a sport, and that's a positive-feedback loop that just gets out of control.

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

In this forum? Not a chance.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Myth Busters:

"Global Warming & Climate Change Myths
Here is a summary of global warming and climate change myths, sorted by recent popularity vs what science says. Click the response for a more detailed response. You can also view them sorted by taxonomy, by popularity, in a print-friendly version, with short URLs or with fixed numbers you can use for permanent references.

Climate Myth {in quotes here; JP} vs What the Science Says
1 "Climate's changed before" Climate reacts to whatever forces it to change at the time; humans are now the dominant forcing.
2 "It's the sun"
In the last 35 years of global warming, sun and climate have been going in opposite directions

3 "It's not bad" Negative impacts of global warming on agriculture, health & environment far outweigh any positives.
4 "There is no consensus"
97% of climate experts agree humans are causing global warming.

5 "It's cooling" The last decade 2000-2009 was the hottest on record.
6 "Models are unreliable"
Models successfully reproduce temperatures since 1900 globally, by land, in the air and the ocean.

7 "Temp record is unreliable" The warming trend is the same in rural and urban areas, measured by thermometers and satellites.
8 "Animals and plants can adapt" Global warming will cause mass extinctions of species that cannot adapt on short time scales.
9 "It hasn't warmed since 1998"
Every part of the Earth's climate system has continued warming since 1998, with 2015 shattering temperature records.

10 "Antarctica is gaining ice" Satellites measure Antarctica losing land ice at an accelerating rate.
11 "Ice age predicted in the 70s" The vast majority of climate papers in the 1970s predicted warming.
12 "CO2 lags temperature" CO2 didn't initiate warming from past ice ages but it did amplify the warming.
13 "Climate sensitivity is low" Net positive feedback is confirmed by many different lines of evidence.
14 "We're heading into an ice age" Worry about global warming impacts in the next 100 years, not an ice age in over 10,000 years.
15 "Ocean acidification isn't serious" Ocean acidification threatens entire marine food chains.
16 "Hockey stick is broken" Recent studies agree that recent global temperatures are unprecedented in the last 1000 years.
17 "Climategate CRU emails suggest conspiracy" A number of investigations have cleared scientists of any wrongdoing in the media-hyped email incident.
18 "Hurricanes aren't linked to global warming" There is increasing evidence that hurricanes are getting stronger due to global warming."

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 pm

Re: number 3.

Since most of the negative effects will be in the islands and in the equatorial zone and I live neither on an island nor near the equator... why should I care?

Canada, Russia and the Scandanavian countries are all set to benefit from global warming.

Therefore, it isn't bad because the countries who will take the most damage are the ones filled with terrorists anyway. That's what I call win-win. It's a win for Canadians and a win for terrorists, since they get to meet their maker.

Can you legitimately tell me one bad thing that will happen in my area? (toronto)

I already made this same post on page 4.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:05 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Can you legitimately tell me one bad thing that will happen in my area? (toronto)

As a minimum, increases in the price of food. It doesn't matter that our own food production will increase. Crop failures elsewhere will bid up the price of food faster than our production increase will drive it down.

More extreme harm is quite possible if the extent of global warming is greater than predicted. I think you know that runaway warming is not completely out of the question.

To me, though, the loss of biodiversity worldwide is a tragedy regardless of where I live. At this point, between the warming of the seas and their acidification, it is possible we could lose the corals. I mean all of them; an entire Class extinct. You may not see that as a "problem" -- it may not cost you or I in any tangible sense -- but it's still a tragedy.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:43 pm

More Myth Busters:

Again, the myth about Global Warming is in quotes; the response follows each

Many comments have been made in this thread about the insignificance about CO2. I think those myths are adequately busted here.

JP

32 "Climate scientists are in it for the money"
Climate scientists could make far more money in other careers - most notably, working for the oil industry.

30 "Increasing CO2 has little to no effect" The strong CO2 effect has been observed by many different measurements.

"Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions" The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; humans add extra CO2 without removing any.

"IPCC is alarmist" Numerous papers have documented how IPCC predictions are more likely to underestimate the climate response.

"There's no correlation between CO2 and temperature" There is long-term correlation between CO2 and global temperature; other effects are short-term.

"It's a natural cycle"
No known natural forcing fits the fingerprints of observed warming except anthropogenic greenhouse gases.

"It's not us" Multiple sets of independent observations find a human fingerprint on climate change.

"CO2 is just a trace gas"
Many substances are dangerous even in trace amounts; what really matters is the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

"It's methane" Methane plays a minor role in global warming but could get much worse if permafrost starts to melt.

"CO2 has a short residence time"
Excess CO2 from human emissions has a long residence time of over 100 years

"CO2 measurements are suspect" CO2 levels are measured by hundreds of stations across the globe, all reporting the same trend.

"CO2 is not the only driver of climate"
Theory, models and direct measurement confirm CO2 is currently the main driver of climate change.

"CO2 limits will make little difference"
If every nation agrees to limit CO2 emissions, we can achieve significant cuts on a global scale.

"Humans are too insignificant to affect global climate" Humans are small but powerful, and human CO2emissions are causing global warming.

"Less than half of published scientists endorse global warming"
Around 97% of climate experts agree that humans are causing global warming.

"The IPCCconsensus is phoney"
113 nations signed onto the 2007 IPCC report, which is simply a summary of the current body of climate science evidence

"CO2 emissions do not correlate with CO2 concentration" That humans are causing the rise in atmospheric CO2 is confirmed by multiple isotopic analyses.

"97% consensus on human-caused global warming has been disproven"
The 97% consensus has been independently confirmed by a number of different approaches and lines of evidence.

"CO2 increase is natural, not human-caused" Many lines of evidence, including simple accounting, demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that the increase in atmospheric CO2 is due to human fossil fuel burning.

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:More Myth Busters:

Many comments have been made in this thread about the insignificance about CO2. I think those myths are adequately busted here.

JP

Climate scientists could make far more money in other careers - most notably, working for the oil industry.

30 "Increasing CO2 has little to no effect"
The strong CO2 effect has been observed by many different measurements.

"Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions"
The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; humans add extra CO2 without removing any.

"IPCC is alarmist"
Numerous papers have documented how IPCC predictions are more likely to underestimate the climate response.

"There's no correlation between CO2 and temperature"
There is long-term correlation between CO2 and global temperature; other effects are short-term.

"It's a natural cycle"

No known natural forcing fits the fingerprints of observed warming except anthropogenic greenhouse gases.

"It's not us"
Multiple sets of independent observations find a human fingerprint on climate change.

Many substances are dangerous even in trace amounts; what really matters is the total amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

"It's methane"
Methane plays a minor role in global warming but could get much worse if permafrost starts to melt.

"CO2 measurements are suspect"
CO2 levels are measured by hundreds of stations across the globe, all reporting the same trend.

Theory, models and direct measurement confirm CO2 is currently the main driver of climate change.

If every nation agrees to limit CO2 emissions, we can achieve significant cuts on a global scale.

"Humans are too insignificant to affect global climate"
Humans are small but powerful, and human CO2emissions are causing global warming.

113 nations signed onto the 2007 IPCC report, which is simply a summary of the current body of climate science evidence
"CO2 emissions do not correlate with CO2 concentration"
That humans are causing the rise in atmospheric CO2 is confirmed by multiple isotopic analyses.

The 97% consensus has been independently confirmed by a number of different approaches and lines of evidence.

"CO2 increase is natural, not human-caused"
Many lines of evidence, including simple accounting, demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that the increase in atmospheric CO2 is due to human fossil fuel burning.

Kinda fixed
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:10 pm

Jp4, learn how to put a post together.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanks, Symm. I am not the posting expert you are.

I am NEW to all this.

JP

Symmetry wrote:Jp4, learn how to put a post together.

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:07 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Re: number 3.

Since most of the negative effects will be in the islands and in the equatorial zone and I live neither on an island nor near the equator... why should I care?

Canada, Russia and the Scandanavian countries are all set to benefit from global warming.

Therefore, it isn't bad because the countries who will take the most damage are the ones filled with terrorists anyway. That's what I call win-win. It's a win for Canadians and a win for terrorists, since they get to meet their maker.

I already made this same post on page 4.

Here's what your own gov't is telling you:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/climate-cha ... -resources

and another article from the news
https://tvo.org/article/current-affairs ... or-ontario
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby riskllama on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:11 am

DoomYoshi wrote:

quit trolling the hoopleheads, DY... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:26 am

Dukasaur wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:

As a minimum, increases in the price of food. It doesn't matter that our own food production will increase. Crop failures elsewhere will bid up the price of food faster than our production increase will drive it down.

More extreme harm is quite possible if the extent of global warming is greater than predicted. I think you know that runaway warming is not completely out of the question.

To me, though, the loss of biodiversity worldwide is a tragedy regardless of where I live. At this point, between the warming of the seas and their acidification, it is possible we could lose the corals. I mean all of them; an entire Class extinct. You may not see that as a "problem" -- it may not cost you or I in any tangible sense -- but it's still a tragedy.

Runaway global warming is out of the question. Even the most dire predictions don't forecast that this planet will turn to Venus.

A mass-extinction level event is already happening, whether or not we have global warming. That trilobytes no longer live is also a tragedy, yet the world moves on. We will actually see interesting new variations that we haven't yet seen, which I am looking forward to. The ground will get warmer, so there will be less permafrost, but there won't be any more sunlight, so I'm expecting all kinds of really cool night-time plant adaptations.

The food prices might be a problem, which is why we need more guns now.

mookiemcgee wrote:
Here's what your own gov't is telling you:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/climate-cha ... -resources

and another article from the news
https://tvo.org/article/current-affairs ... or-ontario

Most of the things from the MNR link are fairly neutral.

The headline of the TVO article is bonkers. I don't recognize the Ontario from 30 years ago. That has nothing to do with climate change and everything to do with mass immigration. We need the immigrants because our entire economic system is built upon a pyramid scheme in which the next generation pays for the last generation to retire comfortably. As soon as the immigrants stop coming, there aren't enough people to fleece to keep the system running. That is the very definition of an unsustainable system, and I can't wait for it to come crashing down. However, climate change gives the answer for that as it's mostly the old who die during heat waves.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:19 am

BTW: It's ALL from one source and is a compilation of many arguments.

So I saw no need to reformat this info. But some of you may prefer Symm's reformat.

JP

Symmetry wrote:

JP

The natural cycle adds and removes CO2 to keep a balance; humans add extra CO2 without removing any.

"IPCC is alarmist"
Numerous papers have documented how IPCC predictions are more likely to underestimate the climate response.

There is long-term correlation between CO2 and global temperature; other effects are short-term.

"It's a natural cycle"

"It's not us"
Multiple sets of independent observations find a human fingerprint on climate change.

"It's methane"
Methane plays a minor role in global warming but could get much worse if permafrost starts to melt.

CO2 levels are measured by hundreds of stations across the globe, all reporting the same trend.

Humans are small but powerful, and human CO2emissions are causing global warming.

That humans are causing the rise in atmospheric CO2 is confirmed by multiple isotopic analyses.

Many lines of evidence, including simple accounting, demonstrate beyond a shadow of a doubt that the increase in atmospheric CO2 is due to human fossil fuel burning.

Kinda fixed

Postby The ram on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:29 am

Global warming and the #Metoo movement are designed for the same purpose.
Cadet The ram

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:25 am

Again the Myth is in “quotes” and the science response follows
"IPCC human-caused global warming attribution confidenceis unfounded" The IPCC 95% confidence that humans are responsible for most of the current global warming is simply a summary of the peer-reviewed scientific research.

"Removing all CO2would make little difference"
Removing CO2 would cause most water in the air to rain out and cancel most of the greenhouse effect.

JP

The ram wrote:Global warming and the #Metoo movement are designed for the same purpose.

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:BTW: It's ALL from one source and is a compilation of many arguments.

So I saw no need to reformat this info. But some of you may prefer Symm's reformat.

JP

Symmetry wrote:

JP

"IPCC is alarmist"

"It's a natural cycle"

"It's not us"

"It's methane"

Kinda fixed

Meh- at least the deniers know what's true. A few simple google searches for papers, and, ya know, actually asking scientists, and they'll reach the same conclusion.

They just don't want to.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:19 pm

Dihydrogen monoxide is the main component of acid rain. It should be banned.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,