Conquer Club

A week in pathetic Britain

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

A week in pathetic Britain

Postby The ram on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 am

The Met have lowered test standards to make joining the police force more obtainable for the new population of London.

Cambridge university refused to acknowledge remembrance day.

Salford university asks students to refrain from clapping and show jazz hands when applauding anything. The noise of clapping can cause some students anxiety apparently.
Cadet The ram

Re: A week in pathetic Britain

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 am

haha, your country sucks.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby armati on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 pm

I think I understand the lowering of standards for police, I dont know what "jazz hands" are but I wonder if a crowded room clapping sounds like gunfire or other munitions?

Cant say I understand remembrance day not being acknowledged.

To my way of thinking the only national holiday should be remembrance day.
Sergeant armati

Postby HitRed on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Interesting Fact.

The British Armed Forces consist of: the Royal Navy, the Royal Marines, the Royal Air Force; but the British Army is not a "Royal Army" due to the Bill of Rights 1689.
Captain HitRed

Postby Neoteny on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:52 pm

armati wrote:I think I understand the lowering of standards for police, I dont know what "jazz hands" are but I wonder if a crowded room clapping sounds like gunfire or other munitions?

Cant say I understand remembrance day not being acknowledged.

To my way of thinking the only national holiday should be remembrance day.

Sensitivity to loud or sudden noise can be a trigger (in the actual sense of the word) for ptsd, including for veterans like you're implying, but is also an issue for some people on the autism spectrum. It's the latter concession that gets weird dorks who think clapping is a pillar of western civilization up in arms, even when defending jingoistic holidays (even for one of the most "shell shocking" wars ever) in the same breath. Goes to show that people don't really care about the people who suffer these symptoms. It's all pomp.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Posts like OP really drive home the point that in the internet age it's not possessing information that is valuable, but knowing how to assess and filter the information you have access to.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby HitRed on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:01 pm

mrswdk wrote:Posts like OP really drive home the point that in the internet age it's not possessing information that is valuable, but knowing how to assess and filter the information you have access to.

Twice in 1 week I liked your post.
Captain HitRed

Postby armati on Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Investment communities refer to it as "filtering noise".
Sergeant armati

Postby The ram on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:18 am

Yeah I'm sure Salford university is chocka block with vets suffering from PTSD and autistic children. The fact none of these posters mention the lack of understanding or respect for remembrance day or that the Met will have police of inferior intelligence making decisions, doesn't bother them. The idiots are always looking for a bogus victim.
Cadet The ram

Postby mrswdk on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:13 am

HitRed wrote:
mrswdk wrote:Posts like OP really drive home the point that in the internet age it's not possessing information that is valuable, but knowing how to assess and filter the information you have access to.

I am one likeable gal.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby nietzsche on Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:19 am

HitRed wrote:

it's subliminal. you're associating her with me because of the avatar.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Neoteny on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:04 am

The ram wrote:the lack of understanding or respect for remembrance day

lol

The ram wrote:police of inferior intelligence making decisions

LOL

The ram wrote:always looking for a bogus victim.

lol
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 pm

The remembrance day thing is nonsense. Some proposals were made to increase the activities for the day and they were not accepted. \so they're doing exactly the same as they did last year and for many years before. \Not ignoring it or refusing to accept it, isprespect it, or any other nonsense you may have picked up from dodgy sources.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:59 pm

HitRed wrote:

It was a great post! Congrats mrswdk!
Major betiko

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:The remembrance day thing is nonsense. Some proposals were made to increase the activities for the day and they were not accepted. \so they're doing exactly the same as they did last year and for many years before. \Not ignoring it or refusing to accept it, isprespect it, or any other nonsense you may have picked up from dodgy sources.

Is it really possible that some of the websites where the ram gets his opinion gave him false information? It really frightens me, because if someone as level-headed as the ram can be misled, then it's possible that any of us can be misled.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby armati on Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Speaking of being misled.

From memory and Ive forgotten most but Im gonna mention anyway, maybe someone from the uk will know of the program Im talkin about.

The program found the most innocent ,nice,helpful man they could find, the kind of person that doesnt want to harm a bug much less a person.

The goal was to get him to confess to a murder he didnt commit, a murder that didnt even happen.

That was the show, step by step they f#ked his mind and changed his circumstances enough he thought he lost his mind and sure enuff the last show was him confessing to who he thought was the police to a murder that didnt happen.

Some people know how to mess with peoples minds, Bernays was just the beginning.

Absolutely people can be misled, they can be twisted and molded to believe almost anything.

And as this show proved, ya dont even gotta start before they're 5 yo.

Anyone see that show? it was from the uk somewhere and I forgot its name?
Sergeant armati

Postby armati on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:01 pm

I dont think free will matters like some religions think it does.

When a child is raised to believe they're parents god is "the" god the kid doesnt have any choice in the matter, they believe it for life or struggle they're entire lives to change the belief.

So much for free will.
Sergeant armati

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
jonesthecurl wrote:The remembrance day thing is nonsense. Some proposals were made to increase the activities for the day and they were not accepted. \so they're doing exactly the same as they did last year and for many years before. \Not ignoring it or refusing to accept it, isprespect it, or any other nonsense you may have picked up from dodgy sources.

Is it really possible that some of the websites where the ram gets his opinion gave him false information? It really frightens me, because if someone as level-headed as the ram can be misled, then it's possible that any of us can be misled.

I'm sure he'll post his evidence. Just kidding...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby HitRed on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:11 pm

When I look at ancient temples where they worshiped a squirrel god or a two headed snake I think, Wow you wasted your time. When I look at Rome and Christianity I don't think that way.
Captain HitRed

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:23 pm

HitRed wrote:When I look at ancient temples where they worshiped a squirrel god or a two headed snake I think, Wow you wasted your time. When I look at Rome and Christianity I don't think that way.

I kind of see a lot lost stories. Roman imperialism erased and adapted a lot of pagan religion.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:38 pm

lol - totes agree, what allied country from WW II would stop remembrance day observances? grab a fuckin' clue, rammy... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby HitRed on Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Family story on this.

My father-in-law grew up Baptist in the 1950's. Sundays were 3-piece suit events. About 30 years later he was invited to join a league and play softball. During the game the players drank beer. It happened to be a Catholic team. And he went home and said to his wife, "Would you mind becoming Catholic?" They did.

They weren't won over by debates, bible thumping or threats. They found 3-piece suits stuffy and wanted to be around people that were having a fun time.
Captain HitRed

Postby The ram on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:06 am

I've not mislead anyone, although I should have said Cambridge university student union and not Cambridge university but I'm lazy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirr ... 402697.amp
Cadet The ram

Postby The ram on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:51 am

Also last week. Black studies 'professor' claims Winston Churchill was racist and basically all whites are racist

https://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/ ... s-academic

Universities student unions are deciding which newspapers are allowed to be sold ( nothing remotely ring wing) on campus.
Cadet The ram

Postby mrswdk on Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:01 am

The ram wrote:Also last week. Black studies 'professor' claims Winston Churchill was racist

Churchill is on record as saying white people were superior to other races.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,