Conquer Club

[Official] Circus Maximus REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:45 am

Fair doos...

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work for minor improvement really?

Can we let this pass? I reckon so...

The poll also confirms that.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby hulmey on Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:11 am

The bumpy ness doesnt bother me much but i would like to see the king's box in the middle.

Would that take you alot of work?

If so leave it how it is because to tell you the truth i doubt i will it anyways because i dont like the gameplay one bit (not of your doing i know)
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby alex_white101 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:07 am

does anyone play this map?
''Many a true word is spoken in jest''
Corporal 1st Class alex_white101

Postby icemonkey on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:51 am

I think the map looks really great...but everytime someone complains about something Widow goes and adds a cool new detail like the letters and horse on the emperors box.

So I am torn between saying quench or keep complaining so the maps gets cooler
Corporal icemonkey

Postby sully800 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:39 am

Teya wrote:I dont understand why this map is being picked apart so much. It is a visual masterpiece, but its still not good enough for some people. But then you have maps out there that have been forged and quenched with many problems, such as bad bonuses and font that is impossible to read. Or even a map drawn with crayon. Seriously, whats with the double standards people????

I see no double standard. All maps are picked apart these days, and thats why the foundry is producing much higher quality maps than it used to. The very fact that we need to revamp old maps shows that many original ones are not up to par with what is currently being created. I think all of the recently forged maps look pretty darn good!

Anyway widow, if it really will take 4-5 hours to fix the wall, then I guess you should leave it as is. I just wish you had given us a draft before putting a ton of work in, since one of the very first comments was that the wall should be symmetrical :?
Major sully800

Postby Ninja-Town on Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:57 pm

How's this for picky... towards the bottom of the map, the flags cast no shadow on the ground, however the building it self does.... I WANT FLAG SHADOWS! :twisted:

In all seriousness I really want flag shadows. and more cowbell.
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:06 pm

Ninja-Town wrote:How's this for picky... towards the bottom of the map, the flags cast no shadow on the ground, however the building it self does.... I WANT FLAG SHADOWS! :twisted:

In all seriousness I really want flag shadows. and more cowbell.
You are correct. That is a quick fix. I will post that with the next update and army numbers too.

Final Forge Anyone?
Major WidowMakers

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:55 pm

ok here it is. The flag shadows are done.

Here is the large and small with the armies

XML
http://www.mediamax.com/dzlqps/Hosted/C ... imus_4.xml
Major WidowMakers

Postby DiM on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:14 pm

then i guess the emperor's stand should also have a shadow and the little chariots and shapes in the center should also have shadows.

edit// actually after looking closer i see the stand and the center shapes have shadows but they aren't in the same direction with the flag shadows. :shock:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:37 pm

DiM wrote:then i guess the emperor's stand should also have a shadow and the little chariots and shapes in the center should also have shadows.

edit// actually after looking closer i see the stand and the center shapes have shadows but they aren't in the same direction with the flag shadows. :shock:
Here you go

Major WidowMakers

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:59 pm

WM....great re-vamp :) .....i am wondering if anything can be done to pull the title clear of that top tower so that it doesn't obscure the overall look of the three 3D image.
I don't know if this is an issue for anyone else...just looks odd to me and kind of spoils the effect....i luv the people figures.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Molacole on Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:51 am

ok maybe my eyes are bugging out from looking for waldo (yes I found him on the right side of the crowd, he's hidden good, greatwork with that...) but the C looks to be lower and darker than the M and the chariot it lower than both. intentional or not I'm not sure, but would like atleast a brighter C if anything.

Also the biggest problem I have noticed after finding waldo is that you don't have any hot dog vendors feeding the crowd... please fix this asap!
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby hulmey on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:38 am

fantastic job widow...Must be the best looking map on the site.....

The king's box still bugs the hell out of me but if it dont bother u :wink:
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:33 pm

I fixed the Circus Maximus Text so it no longer covers the tower
Plus I did add Waldo but he is so small I dont know if you will find him. (But I did really add him. :D )
And I am going to keep the emperors area the same. If I move it more to the center it loses a lot of its perspective.

FINAL FORGE YET??? :D

XML:
http://www.mediamax.com/dzlqps/Hosted/C ... imus_4.xml

Major WidowMakers

Postby DiM on Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:37 pm

he is in the tower. :P

what did i win?

PS: put him in the emperor's chair :wink:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby icemonkey on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:27 am

the roofs should be colored red or something?

Put a road outside?, this thing was in a city, maybe instead of grass make it a plaza
Corporal icemonkey

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:12 pm

Final Forge

---The Circus Maximus REVAMP has reached the ‘Final Forge’ Stage. I've revived this thread from the pits of the Foundry furnace and have examined the contents. Nearly every major concern has been addressed. If there are any other current concerns, please make your voice heard. There will be at least two days (but may extend pass that) for you to post any objections; if no one has posted any protest after two days the map will be deemed finished with the 'Foundry Brand' of approval and will be submitted for live play. If after two days there is still discussion going on it may continue until said discussion has reached the conclusion that the map has reached its final and polished version.

Post questions and concerns if any.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby DiM on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:14 pm

congrats WM. =D>

PS: why isn't this in the correct forum? :shock:

edit// moved while posting. :lol:
Major DiM

Postby Steel Panzer on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:21 am

great work with the revamp! =D> keep up the great work! :D
Corporal 1st Class Steel Panzer

Postby MR. Nate on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 am

I thought this was ready for final forge when you first posted, so you can only imagine what I think of it now.

Widow, this may be your best work yet. You have the ability to make a map with (imho) questionable playability into an exciting event. Excellent work.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:29 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
              Final Forge

---The Circus Maximus REVAMP has reached the ‘Final Forge’ Stage. I've revived this thread from the pits of the Foundry furnace and have examined the contents. Nearly every major concern has been addressed. If there are any other current concerns, please make your voice heard. There will be at least two days (but may extend pass that) for you to post any objections; if no one has posted any protest after two days the map will be deemed finished with the 'Foundry Brand' of approval and will be submitted for live play. If after two days there is still discussion going on it may continue until said discussion has reached the conclusion that the map has reached its final and polished version.

Post questions and concerns if any.

--Andy

WOW!! and in only 10 pages to!!
Cook dominationnation

Postby musicman_379 on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:47 pm

Great Work! I would say that three-dimensional views is the future for new CC maps, and this is a very good standard.
Corporal musicman_379

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:40 pm

I've never played Circus Maximus simply because its playability does not involve much strategy, but rather is solely based on the dice(which hate me) and original deployment. However with these advances in eye appeal, I would give this map a try despite its playabilty drawbacks. Nice job.
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby Wisse on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 am

Caleb the Cruel wrote:I've never played Circus Maximus simply because its playability does not involve much strategy, but rather is solely based on the dice(which hate me) and original deployment. However with these advances in eye appeal, I would give this map a try despite its playabilty drawbacks. Nice job.

you are wrong, it is based more on strategy than dices
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Telvannia on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:52 pm

is it just me, or is the yellow flag not flying with the wind?

it seems to be at a odd angle compared to the other ones.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas