Conquer Club

I thought TOP always played with honor....... Innya & Magnu

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: I thought TOP always played with honor....... Innya & M

Postby xroads on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:53 pm

1 turn in a game?

Look at the rest if the log when I was taking turns fairly quick.

Also look at my turns in other games. I was super busy and actually missed a couple turns in games.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:57 pm

xroads wrote:1 turn in a game?

Look at the rest if the log when I was taking turns fairly quick.

Also look at my turns in other games. I was super busy and actually missed a couple turns in games.

I don't care enough to look further. Was just making a point saying it's somewhat hypocritical.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby lanyards on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
lanyards wrote:... Is [intentionally dragging out a losing game] not abuse or some unwritten rule?

People have been making games finish at favourable times since forever. It's nothing new..
Wait, that makes it okay then? :?

I was pointing out my opinion that it's dishonorable to drag out a decided game, because everyone other than OP seemed to have the opposite opinion that it's perfectly fine. And btw, appeals to tradition or hypocrisy aren't good arguments.

I'm sure it happens all the time on smaller scales as you've pointed out Caff. I've had a few multiple-year breaks from the site and don't keep up with the forums as much as others, so I was wondering if there was ever a case/ruling on whether it is considered exploitative or abuse.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:34 pm

I do find this an issue from time to time, especially when playing poly games, where people who are losing slow down on their turns. It's psychological rather than vindictive, imo. Not everyone does this, but I have seen it quite a bit. They're having more fun in the games they have a chance of winning, so they play those turns first leaving the losing games til last. Is it annoying as feck? Hell yes, but there's not a lot you can do about it and calling them out does nothing to help the situation. Asking them nicely to speed up the ending of the game might have a better outcome.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby emilywink on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:36 pm

"because everyone other than OP seemed to have the opposite opinion that it's perfectly fine."

i'm not trying to say it's fine. no doubt it could be frustrating and i do think if people are dragging games out it could be because they are being sore losers or trying to manipulate their score, or i am sure there are other reasons... i can also see how it can happen when people aren't being sore losers or dishonorable just due to real life being a priority as it should be. i have no idea which is happening in this particular case.

i'm just saying it's going to happen, and think the game will be over soon enough, that a year from now it wont matter if the game took an extra day or extra week, and i think if we let other people doing it because of being sore losers effect us to much it could bring us right down to their level and become sore winners.
Colonel emilywink

Postby willedtowin1 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:54 pm

xroads
Life moves at its own speed.......

Just because you need instant gratification,
don't mean its unjust.
Last edited by willedtowin1 on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel willedtowin1

Postby riskllama on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

emilywink wins this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Donelladan on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 am

lanyards wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
lanyards wrote:... Is [intentionally dragging out a losing game] not abuse or some unwritten rule?

People have been making games finish at favourable times since forever. It's nothing new..

I was pointing out my opinion that it's dishonorable to drag out a decided game, because everyone other than OP seemed to have the opposite opinion that it's perfectly fine. And btw, appeals to tradition or hypocrisy aren't good arguments.

I'm sure it happens all the time on smaller scales as you've pointed out Caff. I've had a few multiple-year breaks from the site and don't keep up with the forums as much as others, so I was wondering if there was ever a case/ruling on whether it is considered exploitative or abuse.

There has been C&A cases about it.
The rule is , as it has been said here already, you have 24h to play your games.
That's all.
The only similar cases where it has been deemed abuse it was because someone not finishing the game even though they could have won in order to get the win later ( kinda keeping player hostage). see TheCrown case for the biggest manipulative score case by dragging out games.

Personnally I dont mind people dragging out lost games. score wise it is better to play faster the games you are losing and slower the games you are winning.

But I agree with xroads. If your opponent is playing fast and suddenly when he is losing he starts waiting 23h each turn, that is shitty behaviour. What's the point of doing that if not trying to be annoying ?
( i dunno in this specific case if that is in purpose or what are the reasons)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:46 am

lanyards wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying it's a popular thing to do and has happened for a long time. Anyone who's been top 10 in the last couple years has done it.

xroads point is completely valid. Those saying it isn't are being stupid. I've never seen him do this strategy himself and to point out one game where he took a turn slowly is... well, lol.

Shannon raises good points. I just wonder if she's aware it applies to people in her own clan too. Josko has done this to abuse the most improved leaderboard in the past, as has nearly anyone with a medal from it.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:13 am

Gawd people?? This topic is too funny! Have we seriously done anything that warrants 1 game of the whole series to be looked at under a microscope?? This is the busiest time for my work, Ive been leaving my house at 5:30, getting home in dark all week, been slow to take many turns of mine, so whats the big hub bub buds?? Are we holding anyone hostage? Is it because we decided not to just give up easy enough for you xroads? Your clan leader MT has had nothing but good to say in chat, and is probably happy that the game is won for ya, So why such a crappy attitude from you? Relax man, stop getting your panties all bunched up the crack for nothin? S&M is a strong clan, no need for you to wine and dine your cheese!?")>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby macken on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:15 am

By the way, where is respect for people?
That does not seem to matter much.
Then, what are we waiting for?
From time to time I read a post on the forums and often I think, really do not people have anything better to do?
I feel a little sorry, we're not talking about children.
Start respecting people a little more would be something admirable.
General macken

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:03 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:Gawd people?? This topic is too funny! Have we seriously done anything that warrants 1 game of the whole series to be looked at under a microscope?? This is the busiest time for my work, Ive been leaving my house at 5:30, getting home in dark all week, been slow to take many turns of mine, so whats the big hub bub buds?? Are we holding anyone hostage? Is it because we decided not to just give up easy enough for you xroads? Your clan leader MT has had nothing but good to say in chat, and is probably happy that the game is won for ya, So why such a crappy attitude from you? Relax man, stop getting your panties all bunched up the crack for nothin? S&M is a strong clan, no need for you to wine and dine your cheese!?")>

If you read the posts in this thread the focus has been way more on xroads rather than whether or not you're deliberately slowing the game down. No need to have a panic attack.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:37 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:Gawd people?? This topic is too funny! Have we seriously done anything that warrants 1 game of the whole series to be looked at under a microscope?? This is the busiest time for my work, Ive been leaving my house at 5:30, getting home in dark all week, been slow to take many turns of mine, so whats the big hub bub buds?? Are we holding anyone hostage? Is it because we decided not to just give up easy enough for you xroads? Your clan leader MT has had nothing but good to say in chat, and is probably happy that the game is won for ya, So why such a crappy attitude from you? Relax man, stop getting your panties all bunched up the crack for nothin? S&M is a strong clan, no need for you to wine and dine your cheese!?")>

If you read the posts in this thread the focus has been way more on xroads rather than whether or not you're deliberately slowing the game down. No need to have a panic attack.

No panic, actually I was directing my post to xroads as politely as I could! ")>
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:18 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Shannon raises good points. I just wonder if she's aware it applies to people in her own clan too. Josko has done this to abuse the most improved leaderboard in the past, as has nearly anyone with a medal from it.

No offense intended, but what is the point that you're making? My post was respectfully disagreeing with my clanmate Xroads in defense of someone who might drag out games without realising how annoying it is to other people in the game. Xroads is our guy and I do understand his frustration, but doesn't necessarily mean I fully agree. As I said in my post, I believe it's more often "psychological rather than vindictive" where people play the games faster that they are still enjoying. So your post above is confusing the hell out of me. Anyone who was being accused of being dishonourable (vindictive) in this instance might see my post as a defense of their position.

So, from my point of view, I'm not sure what any of what I said has to do with josko or anyone else in my team. :-s
Just as a side note, I don't follow the medal stats, or care about them. I find medal hunting to be a pointless endeavour. XD :twisted:
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Shannon raises good points. I just wonder if she's aware it applies to people in her own clan too. Josko has done this to abuse the most improved leaderboard in the past, as has nearly anyone with a medal from it.

No offense intended, but what is the point that you're making? My post was respectfully disagreeing with my clanmate Xroads in defense of someone who might drag out games without realising how annoying it is to other people in the game. Xroads is our guy and I do understand his frustration, but doesn't necessarily mean I fully agree. As I said in my post, I believe it's more often "psychological rather than vindictive" where people play the games faster that they are still enjoying. So your post above is confusing the hell out of me. Anyone who was being accused of being dishonourable (vindictive) in this instance might see my post as a defense of their position.

So, from my point of view, I'm not sure what any of what I said has to do with josko or anyone else in my team. :-s
Just as a side note, I don't follow the medal stats, or care about them. I find medal hunting to be a pointless endeavour. XD :twisted:

Hm. I think I skim read your comment and missed the sentence about not having fun.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby joecoolfrog on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:03 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
lanyards wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying it's a popular thing to do and has happened for a long time. Anyone who's been top 10 in the last couple years has done it.

xroads point is completely valid. Those saying it isn't are being stupid. I've never seen him do this strategy himself and to point out one game where he took a turn slowly is... well, lol.

Shannon raises good points. I just wonder if she's aware it applies to people in her own clan too. Josko has done this to abuse the most improved leaderboard in the past, as has nearly anyone with a medal from it.

I have been fortunate enough to sneak into the top 10 on occasions but have never slowed my play in order to manipulate the points system or indeed for any other reason. Please dont tar everybody with the same brush.
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 pm

joecoolfrog wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
lanyards wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:

I'm not condoning it. I'm just saying it's a popular thing to do and has happened for a long time. Anyone who's been top 10 in the last couple years has done it apart from joecoolfrog.

I have been fortunate enough to sneak into the top 10 on occasions but have never slowed my play in order to manipulate the points system or indeed for any other reason. Please dont tar everybody with the same brush.

Fixed my post just for you. Of course there will always be exceptions.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby joecoolfrog on Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Very kind...ribbit !
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Previous

Return to Clan Archives