Conquer Club

Facebook Has Crossed The Line

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Facebook Has Crossed The Line

Postby armati on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:32 pm

The argument of home ownership goes on.

"Gold is not a currency right now".

Sorry, wrong 100%,
you are right that americans dont have a clue tho, as Mark Dice has been pointing out for some time.

Trick or Treat - Free 100 oz Bar of Silver, or Free Hershey Bar?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8qGDun4puM

Under The Radar: Why Are So Many Nations Going For Gold?
https://youtu.be/bwTOsSNL2qg Nov 10/2018
This might explain a bit about gold.

Gold is hugely important and its sad americans have lost the knowledge.

Ask the fed why they keep 8k tons when it has no value.

You might find a thing or two out if you look into gold.

Alan Greenspan Gold and Silver Is Money Superior To All Fiat Money Including The Dollar!
https://youtu.be/Cp-ov5T4DbE

Maybe look into who Allen Greenspan is.
Sergeant armati

Postby HitRed on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Basic silver or gold is a bad investment. Look for things that appreciate in value. Rare coins, art, land, house.
Captain HitRed

Postby armati on Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:47 pm

Is a dollar a bad investment? is a dollar going up in price?

Gold is simply money, nothing more, it has the same purchasing power today as it had 5000 years ago, which is why people own it.
Paper currency loses 50% of its purchasing power every 35 years.
2018 about $1200
2002 $342.75
2001 $276.50
2000 $272.65
1999 $290.25
1918$ 20.67

You didnt make 1 cent buying gold in 1918, you preserved your purchasing power.
Thats why a person owns gold.
Sergeant armati

Postby 2dimes on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Mr Greenspan is not your friend trying to prevent you from losing your savings. He is either, smoke, mirror or both.

armati wrote:"Gold is not a currency right now".

Sorry, wrong 100%,

You use gold instead of paper money? Where do you shop?

I don't believe you but I'm interested in your answer.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby armati on Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Governments use gold, not really individuals. Not in N America anyway.

Iran sells oil for gold for example.

India,China,Turkey for example, gold is better than any other currency.

Your right about N Americans not having a clue, watch the Mark Dice vid.

gold holdings

United States. Tonnes: 8,133 tons
Germany. Tonnes: 3,381. ...
Italy. Tonnes: 2,451.8. ...
France. Tonnes: 2,435.7. ...
China. Tonnes: 1,797.5. ...
Russia. Tonnes: 1,460.4. ...
Switzerland. Tonnes: 1,040. ...
Japan. Tonnes: 765.2

These counties would disagree with you about gold having no value.
They actually guard it with big guns in big vaults.

I follow Greshams law, so you wont find me spending gold.
Sergeant armati

Postby 2dimes on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Oh. You think currency is something difficult to exchange.

Scroll through, I never wrote "gold is not valuable" I stand by my opinion that it will be someday. Right now it is quite valuable. Want to buy gold do it.

I also understand how if you have enough money you can buy gold sell it six months later and make a large profit. Typically gold is very low risk. Real estate can be very lucrative, it is often low risk if you understand it. Thing is you can lose money on anything. Real estate is a great way for a skilled con artist to rip people off.

I'm not suggesting you don't trade gold trying to make money if you want. I am saying at some point if the people running that S.W.I.F.T. thing want you to use their banking they will probably release so much gold it will devalue yours. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think currency is something like US dollar bills. Currently (see what I did there?) you can spend a US dollar bill nearly anywhere. If you can't get market value from the store you are at you won't have to go far to exchange it for local currency.

I use Canadian dollars currently, either in the form of electronic transfer from my bank card or actual plastic bills. They changed from paper a while ago. You can spend them in Canada but if you accidentally try to use even one Canadian coin in the USA, most cashiers will spot it instantly and refuse to take it.

I have a few Canadian paper bills. They are worth more than face value but I don't have much so I can't cash them in and buy an expensive watch with them. Also I would not just take them to a store since I would not get full value since the person at the store won't want to buy them but a coin collector would. I like to collect coins but don't have many and have decided it is just fun. It can be more difficult to make money off rare coins now days because there are so many people looking for them.

In a way it can be easier to make money with old coins if you want to take advantage of people now, since you can google values on your phone figure out if a coin is valuable then under pay for it. I can't.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby The ram on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:01 am

Around 19 months ago the gov/banks stopped allowing people going into banks and depositing money into any accounts that were not in the name of the person depositing the money. Now they are deciding that if you linked to right wing politics, you can't have an account.
Cadet The ram

Postby armati on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:33 pm

2 dimes

Currency is not difficult to exchange, currency is what people decide to use.
From wheat,seashells,feathers whatever...gold is just what the entire world agreed upon.

The point of phyzz gold is retaining purchasing power. As the dif years and prices I posted show.
Thats all it does, altho it can spike it will return to its trajectory.
Swings in prices mean zero to a phyzz holder that understands the purpose of owning it.
5-10% every month regardless of the price.

If you are looking to make a large profit on gold, look to jr mining. Phyzz aint the game.

When investing most people that understand it work in %s, phyzz gold is 5-10% of a portfolio.
Altho I do know 1 or 2 people that are in metal 100%, those people are pretty rare.
When a person buys gold, its done every month, not all at 1 time, thats done to average the cost.

You could be right about gold becoming valueless, who knows? I will continue to own mine.

Watch what happens to the pensions, anyone depending on the sears pension sure is glad they saved 5-10% in gold now.
I mention sears as your canadian, in the states LOTS of people have their pensions reduced or lost them entirely.

Please dont jump to the conclusion of "well they didnt need gold if the bought xxx"
gold is 5-10%, they had 90-95% to buy xxx.
The %s are of investable income of course.

There are risks to absolutely everything, gold has no counter party risk, gold also retains purchasing power, it has a purpose.

RAM

Excellent point about the banks, goldbugs have a saying "If you dont hold it, you dont own it"

Banks have lots of reasons they could shut down.

It would totally suck if your credit card, debit card suddenly didnt work.

Bank "holidays" are nothing new.
Which is why people should use cash or at least keep enough to survive a week or two until the bank "holidays" are over.

Things like the fdic dont come close to covering the amount of debt in the system.
Also, when you deposit cash, it becomes bank property. If you dont hold it you dont own it.

I bet the people here will say "armati is nuts" lol
They can argue all they want, think they get their cash if something happens to their bank?

Remember the bank bail outs? Cypress,Greece?

The worlds debt is 233 trillion, the U.S. alone is 21 trillion, who the heck is gonna bail that out?
Ya ya, debt jubilee, any day now Im sure.

Personally I use cash.

End babble.
Sergeant armati

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:44 pm

The ram wrote:Around 19 months ago the gov/banks stopped allowing people going into banks and depositing money into any accounts that were not in the name of the person depositing the money. Now they are deciding that if you linked to right wing politics, you can't have an account.

lolwut
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby karel on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:46 pm

i have had pics/vids deleted by fb ......been banned for a month,so fb can go suck it
Corporal karel

Postby riskllama on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:30 pm

karel wrote:i have had pics/vids deleted by fb ......been banned for a month,so fb can go suck it

lol, shocking... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby karel on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:42 pm

so heads up dont send owner a message and go off on him,lol,told them if they did not ban this person i was going to sue them,lmfao
Corporal karel

Postby TeeGee on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:40 pm

karel wrote:so heads up dont send owner a message and go off on him,lol,told them if they did not ban this person i was going to sue them,lmfao

you sent that to Zuckerberg??
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:35 am

riskllama wrote:
The ram wrote:Around 19 months ago the gov/banks stopped allowing people going into banks and depositing money into any accounts that were not in the name of the person depositing the money. Now they are deciding that if you linked to right wing politics, you can't have an account.

lolwut

Oddly enough I went into Bank of America (not my bank) this week and deposited a check (cheque for us Brits) into another guy's account. So that's bollox.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby 2dimes on Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:01 am

I was not posting much yesterday because of the anniversary of armistice.

I'm kind of with you armati.

Except I believe the wealthy elite who are running the banking systems, probably planning to swipe your money, also manipulate the price of gold and will just remove it's value at some point. Why let you have the full value there?

Look at Zimbabwe. One day most people are highly paid executives and soon enough in a few months the currency crashed so bad, you needed a billion Zimbabwe dollars to buy a bottle of Pepsi. Sure in that case anyone with gold was fine but that was only one country. And I believe they use a foreign currency now. Anyone with Zimbabwe money saved up lost it.

Eventually they will crash all the national currencies to get you to change to a single world wide bank. At that point they will need to devalue gold to force you to use the bank so you can not avoid their banking system.

It won't seem bad, they will spin it so it looks like they are saving everyone from corrupt governments. Taxes will go down and most of the population will love them for it.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby armati on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:28 pm

Thats real cOnSPiraCy THeroY stuff.

Some people think the economist magazine said as much in 1988.

Dig deeper and your talkin Rothchilds, all wars are for banks etc.

Oh, PLANNING to swipe your money??? They already do and big time.
They do it in such a way nobody even sees them doing it, but, people are easily deceived.
Also, when you do point it out to people they dont care....people are really stupid actually.
Which brings us to maybe the Talmud is right...so, it gets pretty deep those rabbit holes.

Concerning Zimbabwae, your right, I agree 100%, they just did the same thing to Venezuala.

The "value" of the dollars is controlled, swift plays a big part and which is why the east is creating their own system and dropping the dollar.
Notice tho what happens to silver/gold in that scenario. I have read that 1 once of silver in Venezuala buys food for a month for four people.

"Crash the currencies" maybe, they could simply crash the banks,create a deep depression.
(which they have done many times) Bill Still. "The Money Masters" you tube

Im gonna say I dont think they are so concerned about gold other than its price, it is a competing currency to the U.S. dollar but they own LOTS and most people own zilch.

JP Morgan has the largest hoard of silver ever assembled right now, makes ya go hmmmm.

Just for interest, silver is the most undervalued asset on the planet right now.
It is in everything we use today, without it we go back to the stone age, well maybe 1900 living.
Its the most important commodity on earth next to oil and rice.
Sergeant armati

Postby tzor on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:42 pm

2dimes wrote:You don't own a house. If you think you do, stop paying taxes and see how long you get to keep it.

A minor nit pick: If you stop paying taxes the government can take it out of you through your assets and your house / land is an asset.

On the U.S. Federal level, the I.R.S. can do a number of nasty things to ensure they get the taxes you owe them, including but not limited to, garnishing your paycheck.

2dimes wrote:If you sell it for digital currency after they crash all the paper currencies you may be disappointed in the value. Eventually gold will be worthless, it's value was due to it not corroding, in the end it's just metal.

Gold will never be worthless as it does have a lot of interesting "worth" in advanced technologies. And the not corroding is somewhat underrated as silver, a corrodible metal was considered just as important as gold in terms of exchangeable commodities. But both metals have a problem in that they flat out suck at this function which is why when used they tend to have deliberate impurities in them so that they don't become a pile of soft mush.

The basic element of currency is "trust." Debasing metal coinage was common even in the Roman empire. Bank notes needed the trust of the bank itself. Federal notes were originally based on how much commodity was reserved but eventually fell into fractional banking and then into fiat.

And that's the key, once fiat falls you go back to commodity exchange. This boosts metals such as gold because it's a dense commodity that can be easily tested for content. But while it is still the "middle man" the world around it still revolves around supply and demand principles. Currency is the mechanism for the delayed transfer of goods and services, nothing more and nothing less.
Cadet tzor

Postby karel on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:11 pm

TeeGee wrote:
karel wrote:so heads up dont send owner a message and go off on him,lol,told them if they did not ban this person i was going to sue them,lmfao

you sent that to Zuckerberg??

yes along with a few choice words,lol
Corporal karel

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Actually, Facebook are doing the right thing. They aren't going after political posts as such, they're going after political post that are lies. I have seen some blatant misinformation going around on Facebook that people just don't bother to fact check. They share it as fact, then argue over it. It's not just the right that are doing this, it's the left as well. I saw some of the blatant lies being spread by none other than Amnesty International for the left. The alt-right, and the far left are equally as disturbing. People can't distinguish between fact and made up shite anymore because they use facebook and other unreliable sources (FOX, Breitbart and CNN) for most of their information.

As much as I hate facebook, I agree with this move. That is, if they follow through and remove all of the BS from both sides, leaving only fact.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mrswdk on Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:Actually, Facebook are doing the right thing. They aren't going after political posts as such, they're going after political post that are lies. I have seen some blatant misinformation going around on Facebook that people just don't bother to fact check. They share it as fact, then argue over it. It's not just the right that are doing this, it's the left as well. I saw some of the blatant lies being spread by none other than Amnesty International for the left. The alt-right, and the far left are equally as disturbing. People can't distinguish between fact and made up shite anymore because they use facebook and other unreliable sources (FOX, Breitbart and CNN) for most of their information.

As much as I hate facebook, I agree with this move. That is, if they follow through and remove all of the BS from both sides, leaving only fact.

Politicians and partisan supports have always trodden a pretty fine line between 'inaccuracies' and 'lies'. The UK has a government statistics watchdog (the UK Statistics Authority) that recently publicly told off the Department for Education for consistently misusing statistics in a misleading way, for example.

And actually, basically every newspaper ever is guilty of making up quotes, exaggerating stories, missing out key bits of information from stories to make them more sensational, etc. If you're going to ban news sources from Facebook for distorting people's perceptions of reality, you ought to be banning pretty much every news outlet in existence.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby armati on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:36 pm

money must be:

Divisible: Can be divided into smaller units of value.
Fungible: One unit is viewed as interchangeable with another.
Portable: Individuals can carry money with them and transfer it to others.
Durable: An item must be able to withstand being used repeatedly.
Acceptable: Everyone must be able to use the money for transactions.
Uniform: All versions of the same denomination must have the same purchasing power.
Limited in Supply: The supply of money in circulation ensures values remain relatively constant.

Tzor
your right about the "trust", when people dont trust a currency its value goes to the sh@tter.
Thats the point of Russia,China,Iran,India and a multitude of other nations bypassing the american dollar.
The population of those nations say the majority of the planet no longer trusts the american dollar.
Check the amount of gold other nations are buying.
JP Morgan sees whats coming, thats why they've amassed the largest hoard of silver in history.
Sergeant armati

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:46 pm

armati wrote:
Its the most important commodity on earth next to oil and rice.

i think i'd much rather have a nice long drink of water than a barrel of oil or a crappy bowl of rice... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm

How can you drink water unless you boil it in a pot of rice first?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby riskllama on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:04 pm

don't be disgusting, DY...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Shannon Apple on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:37 pm

mrswdk wrote:[ If you're going to ban news sources from Facebook for distorting people's perceptions of reality, you ought to be banning pretty much every news outlet in existence.

On Facebook, they're not news sources. They're made up blogs and pages by people who want to spread misinformation. Some of the news sources like CNN and FOX are famous for inaccuracies, but the fake news on FB, really is fake news. They're not coming from any well known or even semi-reputable sources.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,