Conquer Club

[Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Maps that may be nearing the end of production. Finalize maps here, while testing.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Beta] - Krazy Kingdoms

Postby DrPsyPhi on Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:02 pm

S4 seems to be miscoded as a "miner" instead of T2 and there's various other mismatches (radiation seems ok, the rest all seem to have an issue.
Lieutenant DrPsyPhi

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm

DrPsyPhi wrote:S4 seems to be miscoded as a "miner" instead of T2 and there's various other mismatches (radiation seems ok, the rest all seem to have an issue.

I assume that the XML I sent that fixed that never got uploaded. I wish I could find the original art images or the xml docs but alas they were lost to the void of a failed hard drive.

I would be happy if someone in the foundry could fix the xml and get this thing properly out of beta.

I had originally proposed many changes to the map and the xml but the foundry was in a state of chaos at the time and nothing was ever done to update the map images or xml.

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:35 pm

dolomite13 wrote:
DrPsyPhi wrote:S4 seems to be miscoded as a "miner" instead of T2 and there's various other mismatches (radiation seems ok, the rest all seem to have an issue.

I assume that the XML I sent that fixed that never got uploaded. I wish I could find the original art images or the xml docs but alas they were lost to the void of a failed hard drive.

I would be happy if someone in the foundry could fix the xml and get this thing properly out of beta.

I had originally proposed many changes to the map and the xml but the foundry was in a state of chaos at the time and nothing was ever done to update the map images or xml.

=D13=

I'll headline this and see if anyone is willing to help.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Swifte on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:35 pm

Willing to have a look
Colonel Swifte

Postby TeeGee on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:08 pm

I will throw in 500 credits to whoever can get this map out of beta
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby MadagascarAdam on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:03 am

There seems to be some other problem with it. The "cosmic" special feature doesn't seem to work how it should. I have 2 radiation and thus should be able to see every other radiation (and attack them), but I can't. Nor does 1 radiation let me attack forbidden land. Is that because it's fog of war, or just not coded according to the writing on the map? The bonus for the cosmic radiation also doesn't seem to increase per radiation held, like the map states.
Major MadagascarAdam

Postby DBandit70 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:27 pm

MadagascarAdam wrote:There seems to be some other problem with it. The "cosmic" special feature doesn't seem to work how it should. I have 2 radiation and thus should be able to see every other radiation (and attack them), but I can't. Nor does 1 radiation let me attack forbidden land. Is that because it's fog of war, or just not coded according to the writing on the map? The bonus for the cosmic radiation also doesn't seem to increase per radiation held, like the map states.

yea i seemed to have to same problem to :(

but i like to map :)
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:43 am

Swifte wrote:Willing to have a look

Go for it.

I don't know how often dolomite logs in, but I gather it's not very often. If you or someone else works out the correct version, I think he'll gratefully rubber-stamp it.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby EBConquer on Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:28 pm

This would be so great!
Colonel EBConquer

Postby Sirius Kase on Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 am

MadagascarAdam wrote:There seems to be some other problem with it. The "cosmic" special feature doesn't seem to work how it should. I have 2 radiation and thus should be able to see every other radiation (and attack them), but I can't. Nor does 1 radiation let me attack forbidden land. Is that because it's fog of war, or just not coded according to the writing on the map? The bonus for the cosmic radiation also doesn't seem to increase per radiation held, like the map states.
. S

Judging by the fact you got 3 +2 bonuses last round, I'd say you are a wizard with 3 terts next to tower. Can you see all 8 terts next to towers? If you can, you are a wizard, MadagascarAdam. Wizard is far and away the best. I played doubles with a wizard partner, but we could see he was a wizard. So, you might be a secret wizard. But, if your coding is screwed up, you could be something altogether different. Whatever you are, it's better than Cosmic.

If XML is going to be edited, some balancing should be done. I already knew wizards always win, but apparently Cosmic is coded very similar to a wizard. I'm curious about whether you can see all 8 tower terts.
[img]https://s24.postimg.org/6rwmdezkl/signature-_IWWYL8_P7.png[/img]
Private 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby MadagascarAdam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:38 pm

@Sirius Kase
Sirius Kase wrote: S

Judging by the fact you got 3 +2 bonuses last round, I'd say you are a wizard with 3 terts next to tower. Can you see all 8 terts next to towers? If you can, you are a wizard, MadagascarAdam. Wizard is far and away the best. I played doubles with a wizard partner, but we could see he was a wizard. So, you might be a secret wizard. But, if your coding is screwed up, you could be something altogether different. Whatever you are, it's better than Cosmic.

If XML is going to be edited, some balancing should be done. I already knew wizards always win, but apparently Cosmic is coded very similar to a wizard. I'm curious about whether you can see all 8 tower terts.

No, as I wrote in here, I'm just cosmic. I hope you don't try to use it against me (since it's an ongoing fog game), but I doubt you will... but anyway, I have two radiation territories (and I've had them for most of the game), but this was my bonus last round:

2018-11-26 16:04:52 - MadagascarAdam received 1 troops for holding Cosmic - Radiation
2018-11-26 16:04:52 - MadagascarAdam received 2 troops for holding [Kingdom] - Favored
2018-11-26 16:04:52 - MadagascarAdam received 3 troops for holding [Kingdom] - Adjacent to Favored
2018-11-26 16:04:52 - MadagascarAdam received 3 troops for holding Basic Land
2018-11-26 16:04:52 - MadagascarAdam received 3 troops for 12 regions

It's like I said on the game there - it's basically all from holding regular territories (well, the whole favored, adjacent stuff and the way it's cumulative). I should have at least *two* for cosmic radiation, PLUS I should be able to see/assault other radiation (which I can't, I can't even see them), PLUS I should be able to see the forbidden lands. I wasn't able to until now (that I have two territories next to towers)... but before then the radiation didn't help me at all, like it should have. (EDIT: I edited out which kingdom I have so as not to give it away on our fog game. Still, it's a normal kingdom with the same kingdom bonuses all the other kingdoms get.)

Point being, the coding is messed up. I really do have a good deploy just because I've taken a lot of territories. Which makes the fact that I screwed up my reinforcement at the end of my last turn really sucky! haha!
Major MadagascarAdam

Postby sempaispellcheck on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:40 pm

Willing to have a second look and/or lend a hand, if one or both is/are needed.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 am

MadagascarAdam wrote:@Sirius Kase
Sirius Kase wrote: S

No, as I wrote in here, I'm just cosmic. I hope you don't try to use it against me (since it's an ongoing fog game), but I doubt you will... but anyway, I have two radiation territories (and I've had them for most of the game), but this was my bonus last round:
<snip>
Point being, the coding is messed up. I really do have a good deploy just because I've taken a lot of territories. Which makes the fact that I screwed up my reinforcement at the end of my last turn really sucky! haha!

I understand, was trying to force you into a defined special feature. You are just a miscoded cosmic. I can't unknow that, but I don't think it will be a problem for you. The XML for this map is very confusing, but I'm looking for bugs. The coder seems to have used every special tag and coding trick available.

Postby Sirius Kase on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am

Just found a big one, because of improper use of mandatory type, everyone has the fanatics special feature in addition to the one they know they have. I know because I just picked up an unexpected +2 and had enough evidence to find it in the XML. But, that might not explain all surprise bonuses. We need to see how often the mandatory type is used.

I'm not sure how the fanatics thing appears in log, not unless I hold it when my turn comes around. I found it in the information provided by the panels interface.

And don't worry about me cheating, I'm too confused to know how to exploit anything discussed here. I'm too busy to actually spend time doing more than playing, but I'm considering helping out with this project if I can find the time. I like the board and would like it to be something that relies as much on strategy as on luck.. Not to take anything away from Mad, but I've played this enough to know that luck is a factor.

Here's a big caveat. I may be wrong, I just started reading up on how the various tags work, today, so it could be that mandatory type is being used correctly. It's too soon for me to cast doubt on someone else's work.

Postby MadagascarAdam on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:56 am

Sirius Kase wrote:Just found a big one, because of improper use of mandatory type, everyone has the fanatics special feature in addition to the one they know they have. I know because I just picked up an unexpected +2 and had enough evidence to find it in the XML. But, that might not explain all surprise bonuses. We need to see how often the mandatory type is used.

I'm not sure how the fanatics thing appears in log, not unless I hold it when my turn comes around. I found it in the information provided by the panels interface.

Well, one thing I just realized about my cosmic special feature is that 1 radiation territory gets me *nothing* (even though it should get me one). I probably knew that on my first or second turn in the game but forgot it. Anyway, when I had TWO radiation territories, it got me 1 bonus deploy (instead of 3 total like the way it's written on the map), and now that I have 1 radiation (since you attacked my other one, haha!) I got nothing. So, apparently they coded the 2-radiation equals 1 army thing correctly and just left out the 1-radiation equal 1 army altogether.

Regarding the fanatics bonus, I don't know how it works for you, but I'm definitely NOT receiving anything like that. I added up all my territories, etc., based on the map's description and the deploy I received for both of the last two rounds (excluding the radiation from the round before last) were exactly as was written on the map itself. I received 3 armies for 3 favored territories, 3 armies for 6 adjacent-to-favored territories, and 3 armies for 9 basic land territories. All of that is exactly how it's written on the map, without fanatics bonus.

So, not sure of the XML at all (because I don't know XML) or how you got the fanatics bonus and what-not, but for me so far the only error is still regarding the Cosmic feature. The 1 army for 2 radiation is working, but the 1 army for 1 radiation isn't. Also, the movement from radiation to forbidden lands or other radiation hasn't worked at all yet (with my 2 radiation being the most radiation I've had so far). Anyway, I'm making my moves with the intention of gaining bonus, and I don't even have a decent functioning special feature to help me with that (I gave up on pursuing the radiation features since it didn't really help as much as the others since it's primarily not functioning as it should). So, whether or not this map is imbalanced, I can't say, as this is my first time to play. But just with the standard bonuses available to everyone, I've done fairly well so far. And sure, luck is definitely a part, as it is on every CC map. I've had fairly good rolls for the most part, so I don't doubt that helped me get a jump start on things.
Major MadagascarAdam

Postby Sirius Kase on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Sorry about taking that, I would have taken it anyway since I was trying to figure out conditional boundaries. But, it enabled me to see for myself what you were talking about. I figured out a work around, not a good one, just a little knowledge that will improve you game. The problem is that in some places your feature is coded correctly and in one place it isn't. To get your special feature, you must have 2 radiations, but 1 of yours doesn't count. I posted the link to XML in game chat hoping you'd figure it out yourself. I don't want to be guilty of secret diplomacy. So, there is a miner that counts as a radiation. If you have him plus one of the radiations that count, your transportation will turn on. Or, you can get any 2 of the terts that count, but one of the terts marked as radiation doesn't count. And, I think you have it because you did at one point, when I could see it. So, it doesn't count. However ,when you get 2 that do count, then I think it, too, will be part of your conditional transportation. I don't know, but you will be able to confirm whether the troop bonus will happen. You can take the tert from me, then go find one of the other 3 that count. Two are marked radiation and one is marked miner. That's been said upstream from here, more than once, so you don't have to read XML to figure it out. There is no way for me to see game from your POV, so see if you can verify this. I don't know any other way to do it other than by playing cosmic myself. If foundry has tools that would enable me to do that, I'll volunteer for the foundry team. Otherwise, this game, with so many different combos of features and species will be very hard to test and debug. So, find that miner or one of the other two radiations and take back the one I took from you and you should be able to verify whether there are other problems with your feature. I expect you to win, and I'm putting more mental energy into figuring out the map from my POV.

Postby Sirius Kase on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:56 pm

MadagascarAdam wrote:
Sirius Kase wrote:So, not sure of the XML at all (because I don't know XML) or how you got the fanatics bonus and what-not, but for me so far the only error is still regarding the Cosmic feature. The 1 army for 2 radiation is working, but the 1 army for 1 radiation isn't. Also, the movement from radiation to forbidden lands or other radiation hasn't worked at all yet (with my 2 radiation being the most radiation I've had so far). Anyway, I'm making my moves with the intention of gaining bonus, and I don't even have a decent functioning special feature to help me with that (I gave up on pursuing the radiation features since it didn't really help as much as the others since it's primarily not functioning as it should). So, whether or not this map is imbalanced, I can't say, as this is my first time to play. But just with the standard bonuses available to everyone, I've done fairly well so far. And sure, luck is definitely a part, as it is on every CC map. I've had fairly good rolls for the most part, so I don't doubt that helped me get a jump start on things.

It appeared to you that you had 2 and I took 1, but because of the coding error, you had only 1 and I took it. So, now you know the one that doesn't count. So 1 army for 1 was working, and since the only radiation you have left doesn't count, you never were getting 1 troops for two radiation. But, when you get two radiations that count or one radiation that counts and that miner, you should be able to see all the radiations, and hopefully, the forbidden lands. Report your findings back to here, and then maybe me or someone else will know enough to fix problem.

BTW, it's possible that our opponents are reading this, so if I seem vague, that's why. When I first read your post, I almost didn't say anything, then I realized we could debug the problem more easily if I didn't lurk. When I saw the announcement, then realized you were talking about our game, I thought about it first, and I hope I've said enough here to cover me in the event someone thinks we are doing something wrong.

Postby MadagascarAdam on Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:19 am

OK, yeah, I see now where the one territory was miscoded and I'm sure that's why my radiation bonus kicked in. I didn't realize xml was that easy to peruse. And as you've probably seen by now on game chat, the transport *appears* to work... though regarding the forbidden lands, I'd say probably not. (Harder to test that because now I have two territories with the tower thing). Anyway, no worries about people reading this, I always knew that was possible. Better to get it sorted out than to worry too much about advantage. As you said, I'm doing well anyway, so seeing the whole cosmic thing might not make much difference to anyone wanting to attack me anyway.
Major MadagascarAdam

Postby Sirius Kase on Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:15 pm

I'm not worried, and I think I found the real problem. The api points at the wrong file. What I think is the right file was uploaded in 2016, but we are using a file that was uploaded in 2013. So someone with the right access has to do something about that. Foundry has been notified.

Postby TeeGee on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Do we have any updates on this?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:10 am

I did a diff of th xml the site currently uses and a file marked 307b that I uploaded in 2016...

here is the results... 307b appears to fix several issues with Cosmic, Miners, and Dwellers

Live in red
307b in green

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Krazy Kingdoms waiting games

Postby hopalong on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:58 pm

looking for 2 players to get this KK started: Game 17765018

also have these backlogged, waiting for love:
Game 17765019
Game 17765020
Game 17765022
Game 17765023
Game 17765024
Game 17765026
Game 17765027
Game 17765028
Game 17765029
Game 17765030
Game 17765031

sign-up for all of them today, while you still can!
Major hopalong

Postby Sirius Kase on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:20 pm

I've done some more investigating into the fanatic bonus, and it appears to be operating as it's should. Will spend more time on this after the holiday.

Re: Krazy Kingdoms waiting games

Postby Sirius Kase on Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:29 pm

hopalong wrote:l
also have these backlogged.....

hopalong's games all use the faulty xml file, so get familiar with dolomite's diff file posted above. I'm going to try not to help out in the game chat.

PreviousNext

Return to Beta Maps