Conquer Club

[CC8] Final: TOFU (34) vs LHDD (27) - TOFU Wins - 2/15/19

Finished challenges between two competitive clans.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [CC8] Final: TOFU (5) vs LHDD (0)

Postby IcePack on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:War thread updates are no longer necessary if I'm not mistaken. Might be mistaken. You can check out the link to the war page for actual score.

You are supposed to update the war title / score and end day weekly still. You no longer have to list and show games won or lost but must link to the war tab

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Re: [CC8] Final: TOFU (7) vs LHDD (3)

Postby grt on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm

I updated the score yesterday - and just done again now. Just give me a PM if I forget but normally do a few times per week now the games are ending.

There is also a link to the games overview in the OP so that is always up to date.
Captain grt

Postby betiko on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:44 pm

no prob mate just that the score is advancing quick. It's more for outsiders who check out the war thread title out of curiosity, it's the final of the cc8 after all. Always fun when the war thread has a bit of life... we didn't have the most thrilling war threads to this point of the competition on our end... maybe a bit against FALL but when you face OSA you're facing keyboardless sleepyheads.
Major betiko

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:41 am

betiko wrote:no prob mate just that the score is advancing quick. It's more for outsiders who check out the war thread title out of curiosity, it's the final of the cc8 after all. Always fun when the war thread has a bit of life... we didn't have the most thrilling war threads to this point of the competition on our end... maybe a bit against FALL but when you face OSA you're facing keyboardless sleepyheads.

It's still testing the waters a bit here as well. Vs S&M we always have interesting warthreads, also due to the fact that wars are always close. Vs FALL we seem to have nondull warthreads because there is some animosity between some specific members (you know which I mean). Besides, FALL usually have their "game X has FALLEN" posts every once in a while and they can spark passionate responses as well. Last time we played was CC6 semis? I have nothing but respect for LHDD and that makes the banter also a tad difficult sometimes, especially when I dont want to post the same old stupid jokes.

Anyway, first batch seems quite even but small advantage to TOFU imo. I agree woth rock.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:00 am

We should beat these frog-eating imbeciles who suck at football and petanque.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Brigadier Chariot of Fire

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:21 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:We should beat these frog-eating imbeciles who suck at football and petanque.

Pretty sure Frog is eating these imbeciles instead of the other way around :lol:
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby benga on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:We should beat these frog-eating imbeciles who suck at football and petanque.

learned something new today

Boules and petanque are two different sports.
Sergeant benga

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:49 am

They're great at fondling boules though

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:04 am

benga wrote:

Yes and no! There is « la boule lyonnaise » and « la pétanque »... la pétanque is more from the south east where I’m from but we say « jouer aux boules ».
« La boule » refers to the game from Lyon and « les boules » is la pétanque. I have no idea how « la boule » is played. Last time I went to Lyon to visit a friend we were all playing pétanque in a park. I think they run behind the ball in « la boule ».

Regarding fall is the guy that shouldn’t be named goranz? He’s eaten so much poutine dick that I doubt they even stand him in his own clan.

Simon were you born before 1966? If you were I doubt you remember it. I’ve seen france win two eurocups, two world cups, lose a world cup final and a eurocup final and I’m so much younger than you. Brits can suck it!! :twisted:
Major betiko

Postby Donelladan on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:10 am

betiko wrote:Regarding fall is the guy that shouldn’t be named goranz? He’s eaten so much poutine dick that I doubt they even stand him in his own clan.

Maybe they don't talk about politics ( or international politics) in FALL. We've got to learn from them :D ( private LHDD joke )
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Chariot of Fire on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am

Simon were you born before 1966? If you were I doubt you remember it. I’ve seen france win two eurocups, two world cups, lose a world cup final and a eurocup final and I’m so much younger than you. Brits can suck it!!

:lol: I know mate, it's why I hoped you'd see my post for the joke it was. I only did it because of EW's post before mine.

Postby betiko on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:04 am

Donelladan wrote:
betiko wrote:Regarding fall is the guy that shouldn’t be named goranz? He’s eaten so much poutine dick that I doubt they even stand him in his own clan.

Maybe they don't talk about politics ( or international politics) in FALL. We've got to learn from them :D ( private LHDD joke )

Yeah put a lot of frenchmen together, whenever one of them has the bad idea to start on that subject it’s like playing with matches on dry wood :lol:
We just can’t help it, we need to fight 2-3 times per year. The swiss and canadians think we’re nuts.
Major betiko

Postby joecoolfrog on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 am

Extreme Ways wrote:

Pretty sure Frog is eating these imbeciles instead of the other way around :lol:

Ribbit , Ribbit , Burp !
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby joecoolfrog on Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:01 pm

betiko wrote:
benga wrote:

Yes and no! There is « la boule lyonnaise » and « la pétanque »... la pétanque is more from the south east where I’m from but we say « jouer aux boules ».
« La boule » refers to the game from Lyon and « les boules » is la pétanque. I have no idea how « la boule » is played. Last time I went to Lyon to visit a friend we were all playing pétanque in a park. I think they run behind the ball in « la boule ».

Regarding fall is the guy that shouldn’t be named goranz? He’s eaten so much poutine dick that I doubt they even stand him in his own clan.

Simon were you born before 1966? If you were I doubt you remember it. I’ve seen france win two eurocups, two world cups, lose a world cup final and a eurocup final and I’m so much younger than you. Brits can suck it!! :twisted:

I remember us winning the World Cup in 66 , I am old. :D
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby rockfist on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Champions League is so much better play than World Cup.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby betiko on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:47 pm

The dice raping is so massive in this war that you guys are probably giggling a lot in your forum. I just hope for equity the bs dice generator will do the same the other way around on batch 2. It just doesn’t make much sense playing this game otherwise.
Major betiko

Postby loutil on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:41 pm

betiko wrote:The dice raping is so massive in this war that you guys are probably giggling a lot in your forum. I just hope for equity the bs dice generator will do the same the other way around on batch 2. It just doesn’t make much sense playing this game otherwise.

Wow...so we are up maybe 3-4 games and it is only because of "massive" dice raping? All the games your team has won were done with superior play but our games are won with great dice. Seems right :? .
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Postby rockfist on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:47 pm

Meh we never win without dice...taken from a non CC clan game:

2018-12-05 16:26:11 - rockfist [team]: He started with 6 & 3 and took out 2/2 with the 6 and 4v3 with the 3....and ends with 4 more armies than he started with...he lost two damn armies taking out 2,2,4,3...after I rolled 2-8
2018-12-05 16:27:37 - rockfist [team]: 1 NB, to hit Green 2 Nueva Arizona to take LA, 2 Wyoming.
2018-12-05 16:28:20 - rockfist [team]: I don't have a strategy that can keep up with 4-19 dice though
Brigadier rockfist

Postby Donelladan on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:50 pm

loutil wrote:
betiko wrote:The dice raping is so massive in this war that you guys are probably giggling a lot in your forum. I just hope for equity the bs dice generator will do the same the other way around on batch 2. It just doesn’t make much sense playing this game otherwise.

Wow...so we are up maybe 3-4 games and it is only because of "massive" dice raping? All the games your team has won were done with superior play but our games are won with great dice. Seems right :? .

11-3 seems a bit more than 3 games. Also I didn't see where betiko said what you are saying, but I think you're right. :D

Seriously, a lot of the wins you have at the moment were due to good drop and/or way above average luck.
If you played badly you would'nt be able to use drop/luck to win them, no one is questionning your skill ( like anyone could anyway given your history). We just have a bit of frustration to vent ( especially after your antartica turn).
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby joecoolfrog on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Dice are part of the game , just stay cool like this old Frog :D
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby loutil on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Donelladan wrote:
loutil wrote:

11-3 seems a bit more than 3 games. Also I didn't see where betiko said what you are saying, but I think you're right. :D

Seriously, a lot of the wins you have at the moment were due to good drop and/or way above average luck.
If you played badly you would'nt be able to use drop/luck to win them, no one is questionning your skill ( like anyone could anyway given your history). We just have a bit of frustration to vent ( especially after your antartica turn).

Not sure why you find such exception to my Antarctica turn? Took a triple digit stack to the middle. Had 69 vs your 72,3. That is a 58% roll. When I got your cards I had 2 matches leaving me with 19 vs 11,2 to clear yellow and basically end the game. That is an 84% roll and I FAILED. I will also note that you ran all over the board that game like a hot knife hitting butter.
Yes, 11-3 is more than 3 games. But, I was counting games that are strong leans as well. You guys are currently well ahead in:
Forbidden City Trips
Battle for Iraq Trips
FNNA Quads
US Senate Quads
You guys also lead in:
3 Kingdoms of Korea Doubs
Rail Asia
Eurasia Quads
Rail SA Trips
Brigadier loutil
Team Leader
Team Leader

Re: [CC8] Final: TOFU (11) vs LHDD (3)

Postby jabajabba on Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:54 pm

If you choose silly maps like Antarctica, be prepared for ridiculous outcomes. Just like Labyrinth, it should never be used in Clan Wars.
Brigadier jabajabba

Postby Donelladan on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:27 am

antartica wasnt the most unlikely but i think you still have to double check your stat I doubt that 97vs2vs2vs2vs5vs30vs73vs3 is 58% chance.

Wanna play me best of 20 on antartica jabajabba? I will show you there are more skills than you believe involved. Nothing to do wih labyrinth ( that your clan used too btw in abother clan event).

@joe. we're cool no worries. As I said just venting a bit.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Doc_Brown on Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:57 am

Donelladan wrote:antartica wasnt the most unlikely but i think you still have to double check your stat I doubt that 97vs2vs2vs2vs5vs30vs73vs3 is 58% chance.

It's nowhere near off nominal as you may expect. The first part (97 vs 2,2,2,5,30) turned out better that nominal, though it's easily within 1 standard deviation. The second part of the roll (69 vs 72,3) is actually better than even odds of success. Coupled with the failure of 19 vs 11,2, it turns into a pretty even result overall.

So if a parity turn is worth complaining about as being unfair to you... I think that speaks more to problems with your expectations than with the dice!
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Donelladan on Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:13 am

Doc_Brown wrote:
Donelladan wrote:antartica wasnt the most unlikely but i think you still have to double check your stat I doubt that 97vs2vs2vs2vs5vs30vs73vs3 is 58% chance.

It's nowhere near off nominal as you may expect. The first part (97 vs 2,2,2,5,30) turned out better that nominal, though it's easily within 1 standard deviation. The second part of the roll (69 vs 72,3) is actually better than even odds of success. Coupled with the failure of 19 vs 11,2, it turns into a pretty even result overall.

So if a parity turn is worth complaining about as being unfair to you... I think that speaks more to problems with your expectations than with the dice!

It is around 1 chance over 4 for you to succeed. How is it parity ?

Yes 69vs72 you had a relatively high chance to succeed, but you had low chance to arrive with 69 troops.
Brigadier Donelladan

PreviousNext

Return to Complete Challenges