Conquer Club

Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

Postby mrswdk on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:19 pm

After repeated incidents involving thrift store American aircraft plunging from the skies and killing hundreds, countries across the world have joined hands in boycotting low quality planes dumped into the international market by cynical American conglomerates.

Protectionist America has decided to ignore these concerns and the safety of American travelers and decided it would rather prop up its industrial manufacturers with light regulation than conserve the life if innocent American children.

The European Union Aviation Safety Agency has suspended the Boeing 737 Max from flying into or over its airspace "to ensure the safety of passengers".

It joins the UK's Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in banning the plane.

France and Germany announced earlier that they had grounded the jets, joining similar decisions by other nations such as China.

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has declared the 737 Max 8 airworthy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47536502
Lieutenant mrswdk

Re: Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:50 pm

This is Europe spotting an opportunity to prop-up failing Airbus.

The 737 MAX is perfectly safe. I'd put mrswdk on a 737 MAX.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby HitRed on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:17 pm

Boeings new tail logo

I might buy stock tomorrow. These are buy opportunities. I bought BP when the oil platform exploded.
Captain HitRed

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:00 pm

HitRed wrote:Boeings new tail logo

I might buy stock tomorrow. These are buy opportunities. I bought BP when the oil platform exploded.

That can be a dangerous game, though. I bought shares in Abdullah's Burqa Emporium back when ISIS was ten miles outside Baghdad. Bad gamble.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby karel on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:09 am

nah fook it,keep the planes flying,maybe bernnie,nancy,chuc ky ,cortez,muslim chick,maybe they will fly on a plane
Private 1st Class karel

Postby mrswdk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:51 am

American families cry "Let my people go!":

Ted Cruz, a Republican senator who chairs a subcommittee on aviation and space, said: "I believe it would be prudent for the US likewise to temporarily ground 737 Max aircraft until the FAA confirms the safety of these aircraft and their passengers."

Democratic senators Edward Markey and Richard Blumenthal have written to the FAA - which they referred to as "our aviation safety cop on the beat" - asking that the Boeing 737 Max should be grounded "until the agency can conclusively determine that the aircraft can be operated safely".

And Republican senator Mitt Romney said: "Out of an abundance of caution for the flying public, the FAA should ground the 737 Max 8 until we investigate the causes of recent crashes and ensure the plane's airworthiness."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47548083

The world must boycott substandard and dangerous American products immediately, just like the EU has banned the import of American meat full of chlorine and other poisonous substances.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:51 pm

I'm not defending the Max 8, maybe it's deadly but.. The rest of the 737s are by far one of the safest planes ever. There are a lot more passenger hours safely completed by them than most other planes, even if you combine a bunch of competitors.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby HitRed on Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:04 pm

There is a TV show that only covers airline disasters. The vast majority are pilot error. That can include bad training or lack of understanding to how systems work. Most are also a chain of events and not a single event.
Captain HitRed

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:50 pm

HitRed wrote:There is a TV show that only covers airline disasters. The vast majority are pilot error. That can include bad training or lack of understanding to how systems work. Most are also a chain of events and not a single event.

I keep hearing about a software update released after the second crash, with some implication that the crash(s) might be a result of pilots not fully understanding the particular software in the max 8. Nothing too specific being said, I guess we shall see
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Ignoring the anti-USA drumbeat of mrswdk and the Pro-USA views of others, it seems that Mookie and HitRed offer advice and/or opinions based on facts and rational thought.

Ignore the emotions and rhetoric of those whose opinions are based on faulty logic and lack, ignorance and/or disregard of facts.

JP
Last edited by jusplay4fun on Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby waauw on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:02 pm

HitRed wrote:I might buy stock tomorrow. These are buy opportunities. I bought BP when the oil platform exploded.

Be careful of that, because I still remember in february there were opinions that Boeing's stock was rising a little too quickly. Even now, after this drop in stock price its EV/EBITDA is still quite a bit higher than that of Airbus. This crash could very well play out as a market correction. It's important to note that if this is the case, you do not have much of a dividend pay-out to fall back on either.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby mrswdk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:12 pm

After global outcry at its abuses of human rights, American company finally caves and admits it produces faulty planes that threaten global safety:

Boeing has grounded its entire global fleet of 737 Max aircraft after investigators uncovered new evidence at the scene of the fatal Ethiopian Airlines crash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47562727
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:17 pm

In other news, saxitoxin left redfaced after leaping to defence of substandard Made In America products.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:22 pm

mrswdk wrote:In other news, saxitoxin left redfaced after leaping to defence of substandard Made In America products.

Boeing just announced the crashes were a result of Chinese virus in their software!
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Psych! I made you google it Mrs, just admit it
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:48 pm

mrswdk wrote:In other news, saxitoxin left redfaced after leaping to defence of substandard Made In America products.

I stand by what I said. I trust the 737 MAX 8 enough I'd book you a ticket on one.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Symmetry on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 am

Let's face it, the US gov't has invested a lot in Boeing fighter airliners. The EU is similarly invested in their Airbus combat/passenger plane models.

Boeing messed up big time in head to head tests, and they're essentially losing the war when it comes to passenger plane vs passenger plane 1v1 combat aeronautics.

Simple fact- the passenger jets that Boeing are putting out just can't compete in aerial combat with the kind of aircraft that other countries are producing when it comes to point to point holiday-making.

Boeing needs to go back to the fundamentals that drove the innovation in aviation- watching Top Gun.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but the legroom seems just as small.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:40 pm

https://theaircurrent.com/aviation-safe ... e-737-max/

Everyone's allowed reading this except JP. He hasn't shown enough emotional instability to be welcome.

Bonus content:
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6131 ... utomation/

Also, the New York Times has a neat moving infographic about the grounding of the 737. It's not interesting enough to warrant a link though...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

I stand by what I said. I trust the 737 MAX 8 enough I'd book you a ticket on one.

Still waiting for my complimentary flights, flake.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby karel on Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:14 pm

all hype from the left
Private 1st Class karel

Postby riskllama on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:04 pm

karel wrote:all hype from the left

totes. you should look into getting some work as a plane crash victim actor, karel - i hear they make beaucoup $$$... ;) .
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby KoolBak on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 am

Have they actually identified the issue yet with the uncontrolled acceleration / fucked handling?? Last I read they were analyzing the boxes still and hadn't objectively nailed down the problem TO that aircraft, although all visible facts point to it.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Corporal 1st Class KoolBak

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:45 am

KoolBak wrote:Have they actually identified the issue yet with the uncontrolled acceleration / fucked handling?? Last I read they were analyzing the boxes still and hadn't objectively nailed down the problem TO that aircraft, although all visible facts point to it.

Generally a final report takes months. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Like you said, though, all the publicly-available evidence points that way.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:28 pm

I'll leave you experts alone to discuss this matter.
Last edited by 2dimes on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,