Conquer Club

Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 am

Older Soviet planes are mostly excellent they just did not have as much automation. Some of the pilots might scare you.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby 2dimes on Mon May 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Corporal 2dimes

Postby GoranZ on Mon May 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Not to be left behind in the Crash Race, the Russians get into the act:
https://nationalpost.com/news/world/at-least-13-dead-after-aeroflot-plane-makes-a-fiery-crash-landing-in-moscow
At least 40 dead after Aeroflot plane makes emergency landing spewing fire
Safety concerns with the Sukhoi Superjet, Russia's first newly designed post-Soviet passenger plane, emerged soon after its introduction in 2008

Although atm we cant tell the exact reason for the crash there are two factors that could have reduced the number of fatalities to 0.
- Not dumping the fuel... Lighter aircraft is easier for landing, and there wouldn't have been such huge flames.
- Passenger evacuation was horrible, just look how many people have their bags with them(second part of the video bellow). They must have taken them from overhead bins which is time costly process. They also blocked the passengers from the back of the aircraft from exiting the it on time.

Hopefully Russian civil aviation authorities would learn from this accident and considerably improve safety rules and regulations.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 06, 2019 4:10 pm

2dimes wrote:Older Soviet planes are mostly excellent they just did not have as much automation. Some of the pilots might scare you.

I have fond memories of the Il-62. Took me back and forth between Canada and Czechoslovakia six times in my early teens!

.... and Czechoslovak Airways served free beer, and they didn't ask your age!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby GoranZ on Sun May 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Boeing reported zero new orders for jets, so I presume everyone is waiting to see how will infamous MAX end up...

CNN - Boeing had no new orders for planes in April.

Not only did the troubled 737 Max receive zero new orders since it was grounded March 13. Boeing's other jets, such as the 787 Dreamliner or the 777, also did not get any new orders last month, according to a company report released Tuesday.

Boeing (BA) did report some orders for the other jets in late March, even in the wake of the March 10 crash of an Ethiopian Airlines jet and the grounding of the 737 Max that followed. Lufthansa ordered 20 of the 787 jets on March 15, and British Airways ordered 18 of the 777X on March 22. But the only orders reported by Boeing for April were bookkeeping entries: Four 737 Max jets that had been sold to Boeing Capital in the past were transferred to an unidentified lessor last month. Boeing didn't count those as new orders. Instead, it reclassified sales it had already reported in the first quarter.

None of Boeing's other jet models have crashed, and airlines have not reported any safety problems other than the 737 Max. But the 737 Max's problems could be the reason airlines put orders for the other jets on hold, said Philip Baggaley, the lead credit analyst for the transportation sector for Standard & Poor's. Airlines are holding out to determine whether Boeing will lower its prices in light of the Max issues, Baggaley believes. "If it turns out that Boeing makes some accommodations with customers over the grounding of the 737 Max, it probably won't be a straight cash compensation," said Bagggaley. "It might be a lower price on future orders, or some other change in those orders. There could be things going on behind the scenes that could essentially turn into orders."

Executives from several airlines, including Norwegian Air and United Airlines (UAL), have said they expect to reach an agreement with Boeing over some form of compensation as a result of having their 737 Max planes grounded. It's also true that new aircraft orders have been fairly slow this year for both Boeing and Airbus, a result of massive orders in recent years that left each aircraft makers with a backlog of thousands of jets. "Boeing had a God-awful first quarter in terms of orders [before the Ethiopian crash] and they beat Airbus," said Richard Aboulafia, aerospace analyst for the Teal Group. "It's just a massively over-ordered environment."
In addition to those factor, the Paris Air Show is next month. It is one of the industry's premier events and one where new orders are frequently announced. So that can make April and May both slow months for new order announcements. But Boeing did report 76 orders in April 2018.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Mon May 20, 2019 8:20 am

GoranZ wrote:Boeing reported zero new orders for jets, so I presume everyone is waiting to see how will infamous MAX end up...

Not only did the troubled 737 Max receive zero new orders since it was grounded March 13. Boeing's other jets, such as the 787 Dreamliner or the 777, also did not get any new orders last month, according to a company report released Tuesday.

It's probably only a matter of time before Trump signs a new executive order banning American companies from doing business with any foreign aviation companies.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Mon May 20, 2019 11:17 am

mrswdk wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Boeing reported zero new orders for jets, so I presume everyone is waiting to see how will infamous MAX end up...

It's probably only a matter of time before Trump signs a new executive order banning American companies from doing business with any foreign aviation companies.

Mostlikely yes... but that wont fix Boeing's planes :lol:

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby waauw on Mon May 20, 2019 7:16 pm

With Trump now majorly thwarting Huawei, I'm expecting Xi Jinping to follow through on his threat to cancel Boeing-orders. :D
Lieutenant waauw

Postby GoranZ on Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm

waauw wrote:With Trump now majorly thwarting Huawei, I'm expecting Xi Jinping to follow through on his threat to cancel Boeing-orders. :D

Boeing is on its way to make suicide from negligence, another Chinese bullet will not make it even more dead :lol:

I had an opportunity to talk with several pilots and their conclusion on the issue is that Boeing is using software to mask design flaw of its plane. Sooner or later that approach is doomed to fail no matter what they will do. It looks like they will patch the plane and they will buy time until the next final accident. Boeing's hopes are that by then they will have new design.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby HitRed on Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm

GoranZ wrote:
waauw wrote:With Trump now majorly thwarting Huawei, I'm expecting Xi Jinping to follow through on his threat to cancel Boeing-orders. :D

Boeing is on its way to make suicide from negligence, another Chinese bullet will not make it even more dead :lol:

I had an opportunity to talk with several pilots and their conclusion on the issue is that Boeing is using software to mask design flaw of its plane. Sooner or later that approach is doomed to fail no matter what they will do. It looks like they will patch the plane and they will buy time until the next final accident. Boeing's hopes are that by then they will have new design.

Boeing is using software to mask using an existing air frame that has been stretched and modified instead of starting from scratch.
Captain HitRed

Postby GoranZ on Sun May 26, 2019 10:30 am

Things are getting out of control for Boeing. Not only they are not getting new orders and they are not making planes in full capacity but they are also facing demands for payback from their customers.
Even more airlines are demanding payback from Boeing for its 737 Max disasters

Is bankruptcy on the horizon?

Its sad thing that US companies are not making quality products in their own country as they use to in the old times.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby jimboston on Sun May 26, 2019 6:39 pm

GoranZ wrote:Things are getting out of control for Boeing. Not only they are not getting new orders and they are not making planes in full capacity but they are also facing demands for payback from their customers.

Its sad thing that US companies are not making quality products in their own country as they use to in the old times.

You’re right, that is sad.

But at least we can be happy that the US (or at least Boston) puts some great sports teams together!
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon May 27, 2019 5:04 am

Are you referring to the country of Greece going bankrupt? Is bankruptcy on the horizon for the entire country of Greece?

GoranZ wrote:Things are getting out of control for Boeing. Not only they are not getting new orders and they are not making planes in full capacity but they are also facing demands for payback from their customers.

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby GoranZ on Mon May 27, 2019 6:21 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Are you referring to the country of Greece going bankrupt? Is bankruptcy on the horizon for the entire country of Greece?

I was not aware Boeing is making planes in Greece :roll:

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 pm

GoranZ wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:Are you referring to the country of Greece going bankrupt? Is bankruptcy on the horizon for the entire country of Greece?

I was not aware Boeing is making planes in Greece :roll:

You are correct, they are not. That is why Boeing is NOT bankrupt (like your country)
Brigadier mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon May 27, 2019 11:24 pm

Greek Bankruptcy:

Greece exits the last of its three bailouts on Aug. 20 and hopes to be able to borrow again in international markets after a nearly nine-year debt crisis that shrank the economy by a quarter and forced it to implement painful austerity measures.

The crisis has proven deeply traumatic for Greeks who had enthusiastically swapped drachmas for euros in 2001. Adoption of the single currency ushered in an era of cheap credit that funded a splurge in private consumption and public spending that sent Greece's budget and current deficits ballooning.

Since the debt crisis exploded in early 2010, four successive governments have fought to keep bankruptcy at bay, relying on the biggest bailout in economic history, more than 260 billion euros lent by Greece's euro zone partners and the IMF.

As Athens now eyes a return to normality and reclaiming its economic sovereignty, the scars remain - banks are saddled with huge bad loan portfolios and Greece's public debt load is still the highest in the euro zone, at 180 percent of national output.

But sunshine is breaking through the clouds. The economy, which shrank by 26 percent in the crisis years, has started to grow, tourism is booming and unemployment is slowly coming down - to 19.5 percent from a peak of almost 28 percent.

"If there is a lesson that we learned from the crisis it is that, under any circumstances, you must try to protect macroeconomic stability," said Panos Tsakloglou, chief economist of the previous coalition government.

"Populist policies that may win some votes today and have disastrous effects some years down the road must be avoided at all costs. Otherwise, sooner or later we will end up in the situation we are in now," he said.

Postby waauw on Tue May 28, 2019 8:02 am

Am I missing something? Goranz is North-Macedonian.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby GoranZ on Tue May 28, 2019 6:34 pm

waauw wrote:Am I missing something? Goranz is North-Macedonian.

Correct therm is still Macedonian*. But now the name of my country is North Macedonia ;)
*Package deal in which everyone loses and no one wins

I think there is confusion that my country will soon declare bankruptcy. We are not Greece and we are at ~46% from GDP so we are relatively safe. But if Germany has issues(~48% of our exports ends up there) we will have it as well and those 46% debt wont matter a lot :lol:

And Boeing is still in danger of bankruptcy. Why? Because they have flawed plane design in industry that simply doesn't forgive such negligence.
And its not just 737 MAX, its 787 Dreamliner as well. Both planes make ~95% of Boeing's orders for new planes.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:27 am

Boeing's nightmare year got even worse this weekend as the manufacturer warned that hundreds of its 737 planes, including 159 of the troubled 737 Max jet, may have faulty parts on their wings.
The Seattle-based company warned in a Sunday statement that one batch of slat tracks, produced by an unidentified supplier, was found to "have a potential nonconformance."
Slats are moveable panels, built into a plane's wings, that provide extra lift during takeoff and landing. Slat tracks are used to guide them.
Twenty 737 Max planes, and 21 737 Next Generation (NG) planes are "most likely to have the parts in question," Boeing said.
As well as the 41 planes it had specific concerns about, Boeing warned all airlines that operate 737 planes to check their slats as a precaution.
The manufacturer will ask operators to check a total of 133 NGs and 179 Maxes, and will send a service bulletin outlining how airlines should check for faulty slat tracks, it said.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) will also issue a directive to make Boeing's recommendations to check the jets mandatory.

Boeing's nightmare year gets even worse as it admits hundreds of planes — including 159 737 Maxes — may have defective parts on their wings

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby 2dimes on Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:58 am

Nightmare? You might want to walk. That is routine. If a batch of a few thousand "non conforming brake parts" ended up on rail cars, the same procedure would happen. The manufacturer would issue a memo and contact the customers.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:29 pm

The SKY is FALLING...! The SKY is FALLING...!

Let's not use hyperbole. Let's wait for facts and avoid such wild speculations.

JP

GoranZ wrote:

Correct therm is still Macedonian*. But now the name of my country is North Macedonia ;)

I think there is confusion that my country will soon declare bankruptcy. We are not Greece and we are at ~46% from GDP so we are relatively safe. But if Germany has issues(~48% of our exports ends up there) we will have it as well and those 46% debt wont matter a lot :lol:

And Boeing is still in danger of bankruptcy. Why? Because they have flawed plane design in industry that simply doesn't forgive such negligence.
And its not just 737 MAX, its 787 Dreamliner as well. Both planes make ~95% of Boeing's orders for new planes.

Postby GoranZ on Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:The SKY is FALLING...! The SKY is FALLING...!

Let's not use hyperbole. Let's wait for facts and avoid such wild speculations.

JP

GoranZ wrote:

We can wait... after all the planes are grounded, and the question remains when and if they will ever fly again.

Just to remind you that when countries started grounding 737 MAX on March 11 this was the reaction from FAA: Boeing Max 8 will continue to fly in U.S. and Europe even as China, Ethiopia ground it. For US the plane was grounded only after Trump give the order on March 13, and US was one of the last countries to do it. FAA’s emergency order grounding Boeing jets came after the agency identified similarities between crashes in Ethiopia, Indonesia

So you might think what ever you like but now no one is trusting 737 MAX, Boeing or FAA. Good luck convincing the world that the plane is safe ;)

Or US can try Airbus A220. The plane that Boeing tried to keep out of the US.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:16 pm

I think the smart move is to wait for airplanes to be built by Northern Macedonia.

Postby GoranZ on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:28 pm

jusplay4fun you are funny :shock:
I guess you wont see 737 Max flying this year. Good luck with the next one ;)

Boeing is in full-on damage-control mode as the aerospace industry faces a rash of concerns that threaten to send it into a slump.

Ahead of the Paris Airshow this week, one of the aircraft industry's most important events, Boeing CEO Dennis Muilenburg told reporters his company made a "mistake" in how it handled the cockpit safety feature that's been implicated in two deadly crashes of the company's signature 737 Max aircraft.

The company has drawn widespread condemnation for not alerting pilots and regulators that a safety indicator in the planes didn't work, which has been faulted for contributing to the crashes in Indonesia and Ethiopia that killed nearly 350 people.

Boeing's 737 Max has been grounded for months as the company reckons with the fallout, and Muilenberg slammed his firm's communication as "not acceptable" and promised more transparency as they try to get their best-selling plane back up in the air.

Regulators say the aircraft isn't expected to be in operation again until the end of the year, far longer than initially anticipated.

Boeing CEO admits 'mistake' with 737 Max ahead of Paris Air Show, as analysts note 'ominous dark cloud' hanging over the entire industry

Brigadier GoranZ

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,