Conquer Club

CC is declining again!

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

CC Has Been Declining

Postby InnyaFacce on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:39 pm

DAS SCHLOß DOUBLES F/S 222 FROM 225 [99%] BEST WINNING STREAK 92-0
Brigadier InnyaFacce

Re: CC has been declining

Postby IcePack on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:49 pm

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:31 pm

Uff. 4805.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby xroads on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:00 am

4793, the rate of decline is accelerating

Down 210 in the last 4 weeks.
Major xroads

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:54 pm

It almost seems as though the bottom dropped out once we dropped below 5000. Though this may be typical of the summer slump.
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby riskllama on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:06 am

yep, climate change - it is beginning to affect everything.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby BoganGod on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:48 am

Doc_Brown wrote:4771
It almost seems as though the bottom dropped out once we dropped below 5000. Though this may be typical of the summer slump.

Summer slump? At this rate WINTER is not coming. Not ever
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Mad777 on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:47 am

4152 if you remove all "new recruit" knowing only few those days becomes active member....therefore we are closer to 4200 real active members.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:00 am

Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby CivProBlows on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:35 pm

It is the lack of a mobile platform, IMO (as stated numerous times by others over the many years this thread has progressed). People do everything on their phones these days, which pretty much started the same year this site was launched and has increased each year since. However, CC has made basically 0 strides re: launching a successful mobile site during that same time period. Playing CC on our phones has actually gotten WORSE over the years.

I have a Samsung, and it sucks playing on my phone. I will usually wait until I get back to a computer unless I am absolutely certain that I will miss a turn before I can get to one. It gives me great pains to have to zoom in to make the 'i' larger, slide to the right, slide down, and click the 'i' just to get to an overview of stats, much less every other aspect of the panel interface. Then, I have to refresh the page just to see the map again while I make a move (which also requires zooming in and out and other non-mobile-interfaced techniques). If I want to see the stats again, rinse and repeat the whole damn process.

Apply the above to a practical hypothetical: a player waits to take a turn (later on a computer) because doing so on his or her mobile phone is so much more difficult than doing so on a computer. That player subsequently misses a turn, loses the game, and gets pissed off because of it. This causes the player to either quit or slowly play less games (as he or she becomes busier with life), and generally makes them less interested in CC as a whole.

The goal should be to make it as easy as possible for players to take their turns, as well as interact with other aspects of the site. This site/game requires you to log on every single day to take a turn if you are in an active game(s). It isn't rocket science that this important never-changing feature should go hand-in-hand with being able to play easily on one's mobile phone.
"War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula." - General George Patton
Major CivProBlows

Postby rockfist on Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:54 pm

CivProBlows wrote:It is the lack of a mobile platform, IMO (as stated numerous times by others over the many years this thread has progressed). People do everything on their phones these days, which pretty much started the same year this site was launched and has increased each year since. However, CC has made basically 0 strides re: launching a successful mobile site during that same time period. Playing CC on our phones has actually gotten WORSE over the years.

I have a Samsung, and it sucks playing on my phone. I will usually wait until I get back to a computer unless I am absolutely certain that I will miss a turn before I can get to one. It gives me great pains to have to zoom in to make the 'i' larger, slide to the right, slide down, and click the 'i' just to get to an overview of stats, much less every other aspect of the panel interface. Then, I have to refresh the page just to see the map again while I make a move (which also requires zooming in and out and other non-mobile-interfaced techniques). If I want to see the stats again, rinse and repeat the whole damn process.

Apply the above to a practical hypothetical: a player waits to take a turn (later on a computer) because doing so on his or her mobile phone is so much more difficult than doing so on a computer. That player subsequently misses a turn, loses the game, and gets pissed off because of it. This causes the player to either quit or slowly play less games (as he or she becomes busier with life), and generally makes them less interested in CC as a whole.

The goal should be to make it as easy as possible for players to take their turns, as well as interact with other aspects of the site. This site/game requires you to log on every single day to take a turn if you are in an active game(s). It isn't rocket science that this important never-changing feature should go hand-in-hand with being able to play easily on one's mobile phone.

I agree with this...I don't mind playing individual games on my phone but I had to do a full board sweep in a clan game on Rail Europe once on my phone...I needed almost an hour to calm my nerves after it was over and the turn itself took close to 45 minutes to complete (yes I might have gone faster but I was making sure I got it right and that is the point).
Brigadier rockfist

Postby xroads on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:53 pm

Question with everyone playing on their phone.

Do you do it with the interface on or off?

I play it with interface off, and it actually is not bad at all. Problem is you cant snap.
Major xroads

Postby riskllama on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 pm

rockfist wrote:
CivProBlows wrote:It is the lack of a mobile platform, IMO (as stated numerous times by others over the many years this thread has progressed). People do everything on their phones these days, which pretty much started the same year this site was launched and has increased each year since. However, CC has made basically 0 strides re: launching a successful mobile site during that same time period. Playing CC on our phones has actually gotten WORSE over the years.

I agree with this...I don't mind playing individual games on my phone but I had to do a full board sweep in a clan game on Rail Europe once on my phone...I needed almost an hour to calm my nerves after it was over and the turn itself took close to 45 minutes to complete (yes I might have gone faster but I was making sure I got it right and that is the point).

this.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Aba on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:04 pm

Mobile app is a good idea, but another good idea is simply running an advertising campaign, CC could hire someone to market the company and grow new player base, based on commission it's a win win
Sergeant 1st Class Aba

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:22 am

Pretty sure every time a mobile interface gets proposed the response is that BigWhim would rather just let CC die than invest in one.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:04 am

mrswdk wrote:Pretty sure every time a mobile interface gets proposed the response is that BigWhim would rather just let CC die than invest in one.

No, he spent an entire summer devoted to the idea and grinding away at it, and eventually gave up, after investing an enormous amount of effort.

Prior to that, a couple of other people tried to produce CC apps and failed.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:02 am

What's the sticking point? There are bunch of Risk* apps out there (e.g. this, this and this) so the concept's obviously possible

*inb4 'it's not Risk it's just a game that coincidentally is exactly the same as Risk'
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:53 pm

mrswdk wrote:What's the sticking point? There are bunch of Risk* apps out there (e.g. this, this and this) so the concept's obviously possible

*inb4 'it's not Risk it's just a game that coincidentally is exactly the same as Risk'

I do not know. I'm not a techie. It could be that our maps are just bigger and more complex than theirs. Or in fairness it could just be that they are owned by big corporations that can afford a broader spectrum of programmers on staff. BW is just one man, and I don't know for sure but I suspect he's self-taught. There's probably holes in his knowledge that could only be filled by hiring someone whose salary would be greater than our whole revenue. Rock meet hard place.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:14 am

Don't let the conquer club door hit your huge buttocks on the way out to go join one of those apps.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:45 am

I'll have you know my buttocks are very well conditioned and a pleasant size.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:50 am

Puhleeze...

They're worse than that mutant orange.

If those apps didn't suck so bad this place would quickly run out of complainers.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 am

I downloaded the one called Risk before but at the time it didn't have multiplayer (so you were just left to play against shitty AI).

It appears to have multiplayer now. I will re-download and report back.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Adios you deformed little man.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:10 am

Aba wrote:Mobile app is a good idea, but another good idea is simply running an advertising campaign, CC could hire someone to market the company and grow new player base, based on commission it's a win win

There are a few OG members like myself and a few of the crew I know who have daily users in the thousands, and 10s of thousands interacting with our work or business profiles, and our personal profiles on social media platform. Get some ironically hip video content going.
Sadly me and mine busting our guts will do nothing to arrest site decay.
Fix the mobile interface
Have consistency in moderation
Have a play pen for people to use naughty words without having part of what they pay for stripped from them.
Have site owner representatives available even once a month for a live Q&A
Pretty much don't be stupid lazy cunts, dwelling in the past, huffing stale farts and bemoaning that our's is a niche product.
Management
Fix, don't fix, just don't dare complain that it is out of your control. Get a dog up ya, ya lazy munted septic boof heads
Corporal BoganGod

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion