Conquer Club

The Championships 2019

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Championships 2019

Postby Mad777 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 am

Mad777 wrote:For those who asked the scoreboard does not have the Ā«Ā Top-10Ā Ā» formulas implemented, webmaster plan on doing it soon.
It means if your Tribes has 12 players part of the events and have score then all 12 scores are used and visible in the Tribes ranking.

This has been implemented, scoreboard is now showing the Top-10 scorer per Tribes, counting the overall scoring, meaning compiling all Championship.

Team post score updated.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby misteryforall on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:24 am

Mad777 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:For those who asked the scoreboard does not have the Ā« Top-10 Ā» formulas implemented, webmaster plan on doing it soon.
It means if your Tribes has 12 players part of the events and have score then all 12 scores are used and visible in the Tribes ranking.

This has been implemented, scoreboard is now showing the Top-10 scorer per Tribes, counting the overall scoring, meaning compiling all Championship.

Team post score updated.

Think that this not working.....i sub manually and score is incorrect....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Mad777 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:28 am

Yes there is known issue with WTF and M&S already so Iā€™m guessing the counting shows issue throughout the whole teams.

Webmaster has been told and awaiting his feedback.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:23 am

Top-10 scoring per Tribe has been fixed and look like no further issue after being monitored the last several days.

Also and to make sure all are understanding the scoreboard, the Tribe scoring is including all Championships, was some confusion between the initial concept (TO) and the final outcome (Admin). OP to be updated as it should sometime, same things for the "1 Tribe per championship", as soon as a player is enter into the database the Tribe he/she affiliated with to remain the same until the end of the whole championships event, if player change Tribe before the competition end the point gathered will still be add to the prior Tribe.

You may have noticed as well the other Scoreboard enhancement made by admin which shows Tribe tag by player's name, and extended to a visible Top-200 ranking 8-)

Other than that we are about to kick in with Team Round 4, Poly is approaching the end of Round 1a and Conquest to be launch within few weeks at the latest (+20 spots still available).

Cheers folks!
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby misteryforall on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Mad777 wrote:Top-10 scoring per Tribe has been fixed and look like no further issue after being monitored the last several days.

Also and to make sure all are understanding the scoreboard, the Tribe scoring is including all Championships, was some confusion between the initial concept (TO) and the final outcome (Admin). OP to be updated as it should sometime, same things for the "1 Tribe per championship", as soon as a player is enter into the database the Tribe he/she affiliated with to remain the same until the end of the whole championships event, if player change Tribe before the competition end the point gathered will still be add to the prior Tribe.

You may have noticed as well the other Scoreboard enhancement made by admin which shows Tribe tag by player's name, and extended to a visible Top-200 ranking 8-)

Other than that we are about to kick in with Team Round 4, Poly is approaching the end of Round 1a and Conquest to be launch within few weeks at the latest (+20 spots still available).

Cheers folks!

Its nice to see tribe avatar by player's name and extended scoreboard, but still i think that scoreboard doesnt work properly...

Here are 2 active competition(team and poly), so on tribe scoreboard max player can be 20(10 from team+10 from poly)....on extended scoreboard can be all 30 players from same tribe if they participate and have good result....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Mad777 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:50 pm

To found the total point you have you need to start from rank #1 and look for the first 10 players from your Tribe (Easy now looking at the avatar), add them up and this should be the total point you see.
The Tribe rank doesnā€™t differentiate each Championship but use the total point each player is gathering throughout all Championships. Thatā€™s why you see all 5 tokens lined up by player and tribes names.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:25 pm

Mad777 wrote:To found the total point you have you need to start from rank #1 and look for the first 10 players from your Tribe (Easy now looking at the avatar), add them up and this should be the total point you see.
The Tribe rank doesnā€™t differentiate each Championship but use the total point each player is gathering throughout all Championships. Thatā€™s why you see all 5 tokens lined up by player and tribes names.

As I already told to you personally on the wall, now I repeat here for everyone to see what has been done.

It is not proper to change rules midway the competition. Initially in the OP was written that Tribe scoreboard is top 10 per each Championship, now you changed it to top 10 per overall Championships. It is changing rules midway the competition, when Tribes have already planned their joining strategy according to the original rules written in the OP.

New rules are forcing players to play all Championships if their score will Be counted for the Tribe. If someone plays only one championships and wins it, which is an outstanding achievement, his score for Tribe won't be counted because 10 mediocre players who play all the Championships will overcome him. It is just not proper way to honor quantity instead of quality of play.
Major josko.ri

Postby misteryforall on Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:21 am

benga wrote:Image

• All Champions will be celebrated on the page of the Official Championships of Conquer Club and throughout the Club!
  • Over 100,000 conquer credits to be given out!
  • Championship Medals!
  • Tribe medals!
  • Premium membership only!

The Championships categories:
Dates may subject to change based from registration process and ability to get the setup ready earlier.

Tribe prizes and scoring
  • Scoring:
    • Cumulative points of top 10 players per each Championship.
    • Every win is a point.
    • For Team Championship members of the same team do not have to be part of the same tribe.
    • You can only play for 1 tribe per Championship and all the points you scored will be counted for that tribe only.
  • Prizes:
    • Winning Tribe: Tribe medal + 15000 credits shared
    • Second placed Tribe: 10000 credits shared
    • Third placed Tribe: 5000 credits shared
    • Tribe MVP (most points combined from all Championships): Red Star

OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIPS SCOREBOARD

General settings:
  • Deployment: Automatic
  • Turn Order: Sequential
  • Round Limit: 20 Rounds
  • Round Length: 24 Hours

Sitting:
Sitting a player is permitted only for short time and has to follow the below rules:
  • A player may only use sitters twice throughout the competition.
  • Sitter can't be still active in the same Championship
  • The time frame per sitting should not exceed 1 week period.
  • For Team Championship sitters can only be from the same team.
  • Sitting a player should be clearly state into the game prior to take the sitting turn.
  • If during random check it is found that a player has been sit without having a game chat notice, the player to be forfeit for the competition.
  • If a C&A is pending regarding a possible sitting rule violation, it will then have to be clear/close prior to the next round can start.

Rules:
  • Games will not be replayed for any reason.
  • Becoming inactive during the middle of a round and not logging in for an extended period of time will result in elimination at the start of the next round.
  • If a player loss his/her Premium privileges, and/or not renew it on time and before next round start, this player to be forfeit and eliminated from the tournament, disregarding current scoring.
  • There might be changes to the structure depending on how many players/team apply.
  • Any infractions will be dealt by TD and/or C&A team.

There is still same rule...cumulative points of top 10 player per each Championship.....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:00 am

@ misteryforall: I'm not the owner of this OP, unless I'm told to do so I will not overpass the OP's owner.

@ josko: wall or here is the same, both are public, now you can write the same thing over and over, on wall, PM or here, I have explained you all I know and the way it happened, I have not changed anything, I'm reporting what transpire from "behind the scene" discussion, and what I think I can publish here.
Now yes the OP state such rule but day-1 scoreboard went out there was no way for anyone who has see it to tell it was made for each championship, first clue is the prize listed, where on earth you think it would have been 15,000 Cr to share for the winning tribe for each Championship? You have been around long enough to have enough data in your mind about rough prize amount given from CC event, second clus was those 5 token lined up by the name of Tribe 7 player with a total amount at the end. With this being said the scoreboard was born with a single Tribe ranking made.
YES the OP said....but again josko, this is the way the Championship has been designed by webmaster as far scoreboard & prizes and the OP will need correction (as mentioned to misteryforall, I'm not the owner and won't change unless I'm otherwise told or allowed).
Tribes motto is:

Fight alone, stand together! Let your Tribe member the freedom to play what they want and may the best win at the end, if you prefer decide who plays or not within your Tribe and with such Championship then that is your sole choice...as far I'm concern and with our Tribe, everyone join what she/he wants and play what she/he wants without game load restriction.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby shoop76 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:22 am

In my opinion its a silly rule anyway to only count the top 10 from each tribe. I understand that you are trying to give every tribe, including the smaller ones a chance. But why let tribes have 30 members then.

I can understand where people are coming from. The OP clearly states per event. The OP and the actual way its being calculated is very different. This could also have had influence for several players who might not have played all events. 2 events are already closed and canĀ“t be joined anymore.

So is the issue that the scoring has been changed from the original post or that the coding is too difficult to do?

I appreciate what you are doing here Mad. An insane amount of work and organization. My respect because that would have driven me into some sort of panic attack.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:17 am

@ josko: What I do not understand is the whining around this scoreboard....EACH championships (including Team) have they own Prizes listed (I should add, very generous prizes) and aside of the Tribes Prizes offered as an add'on, therefore where is the logic to have also 5 Tribes scoreboard on top of the 5 separate scoreboard in each Championship? How many damn scoreboard to be required?

Sorry to be human and that us organizers & admin end up with confusion between the OP and Scoreboard...

@ shoop: Thanks for your words, as far the Top-10 it is to equalize the ratio between Tribes rosters, now and about the 30 players cap, if that will be me I would have capped at 20.
I have created my own spreadsheet this weekend and today I went ahead and added a tab where it shows players registered in each Championship and who is playing both, I will add the Conquest and the other 2 when registration to be close and see how much are actually playing all, so far between both I found 50% of the Team roster registered into the Poly event, pretty high number...a vast majority of player who didn't register for Poly can be seen as Team game type members, while the other 50% in Poly who didn't play Team could be seen as non-Team game type members. I can definitely see some I rarely see playing team game such in Clan for instance...but that is my own judgement.

Mad's spreadsheet
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:31 am

Mad777 wrote:@ josko: What I do not understand is the whining around this scoreboard....EACH championships (including Team) have they own Prizes listed (I should add, very generous prizes) and aside of the Tribes Prizes offered as an add'on, therefore where is the logic to have also 5 Tribes scoreboard on top of the 5 separate scoreboard in each Championship? How many damn scoreboard to be required?

You dont understand what I ask for and what OP told it will be done.

I am NOT asking for separate prizes for each Championship, which would be 5 prizes in total and 5 scoreboards.

I am asking for 1 prize in total for all Championships and 1 scoreboard, BUT counted as OP stated, which is top 10 per Tribe per each championship.
For example, a Tribe can have 10 players excellent at team, 10 players excellent at Poly and 10 players excellent at Conquest. If we count score per each championship, then all these 30 players will have chance to be counted for their Tribe, from the game type where they are excellent. However, per currently designed scoreboard, none of these excellent achievements will be counted because instead of that it will be counted achievements of some mediocre players who played all events but didnt achieve any excellent result.

Quantity of tournaments played is more important than excellency of one's play in how did you designed the Scoreboard.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:56 pm

Mad777 wrote:@ josko: What I do not understand is the whining around this scoreboard....EACH championships (including Team) have they own Prizes listed (I should add, very generous prizes) and aside of the Tribes Prizes offered as an add'on, therefore where is the logic to have also 5 Tribes scoreboard on top of the 5 separate scoreboard in each Championship? How many damn scoreboard to be required?

You dont understand what I ask for and what OP told it will be done.

STOP coming back with the OP thing, it is wrong comparing how the scoreboard is, bottom line.

I am NOT asking for separate prizes for each Championship, which would be 5 prizes in total and 5 scoreboards.

Those already exist, the initial spirit of Championship (which were run 5 years ago for the first time) is awarding the best team/player in each event which is the case for this edition as well, BUT webmaster added the BONUS scoreboard (including additional prizes) for Tribes and to compile effort from each member who played what they wanted within the Championship event.

I am asking for 1 prize in total for all Championships and 1 scoreboard, BUT counted as OP stated, which is top 10 per Tribe per each championship.
For example, a Tribe can have 10 players excellent at team, 10 players excellent at Poly and 10 players excellent at Conquest. If we count score per each championship, then all these 30 players will have chance to be counted for their Tribe, from the game type where they are excellent. However, per currently designed scoreboard, none of these excellent achievements will be counted because instead of that it will be counted achievements of some mediocre players who played all events but didnt achieve any excellent result.

Quantity of tournaments played is more important than excellency of one's play in how did you designed the Scoreboard.

Not everyone has 30 players in his Tribe therefore if those smallest Tribe wants a piece of the pie then members will have to play it all, what about several Tribe who do not want to play one or more Championship then your idea of scoreboard will be only between Tribes who has lot's of member and who could afford diversing the troops which I can see 3 or 4 Advanced Tribe out of the whole existing active teams....again Fight Alone & Stand Together.

I won't continue this battle of posting josko, things will be as it is in the Tribe Scoreboard and webmaster won't change it, now if you want to keep your eyes on the OP words, feel free to do it, personally I will go back doing what I enjoy the most here, playing my games.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby misteryforall on Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Mad777 just note to urself that no1 attack u or OP or webmaster...prizes r really big(for separate championships(5) and for tribe(1 prize to share), missunderstanding is here about calculated wins per player per wins for tribe....everything will be clear(about tribe scoreboard) when we finish 2/5 of separate championships....then i will explain all.....till then, lets play and have fun....
Captain misteryforall

Postby Mad777 on Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:42 pm

Iā€™m not taking anything personal, but only become irritated to have to repeat myself for something that is out of my control, out of bengaā€™s control and because it was already launched and made by webmaster. And to make him understanding that is not the end of the world and that the event will be successful disregards and everyone to be happy at the end.
Iā€™ve been here around long enough entertaining you all to understand sometime things doesnā€™t work as advertise but at the end of the day 99.9% of the members enjoy it overall and disregards the initial mistake/misconception or whatever you call it. I canā€™t say when the OP to be updated because again Iā€™m not the owner of it and will not modify it unless Iā€™m giving the permission to do so.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby misteryforall on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:21 pm

Mad777 wrote:Iā€™m not taking anything personal, but only become irritated to have to repeat myself for something that is out of my control, out of bengaā€™s control and because it was already launched and made by webmaster. And to make him understanding that is not the end of the world and that the event will be successful disregards and everyone to be happy at the end.
Iā€™ve been here around long enough entertaining you all to understand sometime things doesnā€™t work as advertise but at the end of the day 99.9% of the members enjoy it overall and disregards the initial mistake/misconception or whatever you call it. I canā€™t say when the OP to be updated because again Iā€™m not the owner of it and will not modify it unless Iā€™m giving the permission to do so.

Ok, i agreed with u and will waiting....cheers (beer)
Captain misteryforall

Postby josko.ri on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:57 pm

Mad777, you are wrong when you say that this system is giving better position to smaller Tribes. With the scoring system that you propose, A smaller Tribe with say 15 members will need to use 10 of their 15 members in all five tournaments to have chances for the title, which is huge commitment as there is almost no freedom to skip a Championship.

However, with the scoring system from the original OP, some player from smaller Tribes can rest in some of the Championships where he is not the best, and instead of him another member of the Tribe can be 10th player who will score points for the Tribe.

Therefore, your proposed system is putting bigger participating pressure and commitment to smaller Tribes, which is surely not good for the Tribal world.

Also I need to tell that I highly appreciate your effort in organizing things for all of us, I just openly tell when I have disagreements in ruling.
Major josko.ri

Postby benga on Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 am

OP changed to reflect the new rules.
Sergeant benga

Postby Donelladan on Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 am

Josko - your argument that small tribes arent advantaged with the new system is not working.
Old system : a big tribe with 50 players can send 10 different players in each tournament having players participating to only one championship each.
a small tribe with 15 players cannot do that so many players have to participate to several championships.

New systems. Both the big tribe and small tribe needs to have maximum of players participating in all 5 events.

As you can see new system is better for small tribe.

It is, apparently, already decided anyway, so I replied just coz I like to argue with you ;)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:55 am

Championship Poly Round 1a:

43/560 games remain ongoing...it's getting there ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby misteryforall on Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Changing rules when tour already start, can harm to tribe world, wich is still weak...and not only for tribe world, trust going down to whole site.... :sick:
Captain misteryforall

Postby Mad777 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Team: (each round has 84 games)

R1: 5 games ongoing still
R2: 9 games ongoing still
R3: 38 games ongoing still
R4: 79 games ongoing still
R5: game invitation going out November 11th

Poly:

R1a: 21 games ongoing still (out of 560)

Conquest:

R1/S1: (176 games to be launch) 9 seats available, may start as soon as full, no later than November 15th (including player amount adjustment)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Championships Conquest is now full, i will hope to be able to make/code the groups before Sunday, and game to start that same day.

Make sure your Premium is not expiring until the start!

Good luck to you all.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Wait f*ck did I miss it
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Mad777 on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:15 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Wait f*ck did I miss it

How? Opened a month ago... ;)