Conquer Club

March 2020 Monthly Challenge - Florida

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

March 2020 Monthly Challenge - Florida

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Official Monthly Challenge for March 2020
Brought to you by the Community Team.

Florida

175 years ago, on March 3, 1845, Florida was admitted as the 27th state of the USA.

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Bronze

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Silver

Click Here to Join Waiting Games - Gold

March SCOREBOARD

No Sign-Ups Required

Settings - Bronze
Maps: Tribal War - Florida
Players Per Game: 2
Game Type: Polymorphic 2, 3 or 4
Initial Troops: Automatic
Play Order: Sequential
Spoils: None
Reinforcements: Parachute
FOG: OPTIONAL
TRENCH: OPTIONAL
Round Limit: 20 or 30
Round Length: 24 Hours
Joinablility: Public except for specifically-designated tournaments

Settings - Silver
Players Per Game: 6
Game Type: Standard
Spoils: Escalating
Reinforcements: Chained
FOG: YES
TRENCH: NO

Settings - Gold
Players Per Game: 8
Game Type: Quadruples
Spoils: None
Reinforcements: Adjacent
FOG: YES
TRENCH: OPTIONAL

Medal Criteria
At least 27 POINTS are required for a medal and at least TWO DIFFERENT TOKENS.

Tokens are for wins only.

Each BRONZE Token is worth 2 points
Each SILVER Token is worth 4 points
Each GOLD Token is worth 6 points

Notes
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Re: March 2020 Monthly Challenge - Florida

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:21 pm

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.

Site Event Medals are awarded to the top three finishers on the challenge scoreboard.
1st: Image
2nd: Image
3rd: Image

In addition to the medals, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
My goal is always to award prizes during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending me a PM. I will periodically do a random check however I cannot monitor every game. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send me a PM and we will get it added for the month.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
3. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
4. Bot games do not drop tokens.
5. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM groovysmurf.

Last Updated: November 2018
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby benga on Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Do I need to contact BW in case I run tournament?
Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:39 am

josko is inviting low rankers to join his march challenge games
is this permitted?
Sergeant benga

Postby rockfist on Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:00 am

He invited me to 4 games...I'm ranked lower than him, but I think he's just trying to get games to fill and I don't think I fit the normal profile of someone who is farmed (although I have a stupid stubborn streak).
Brigadier rockfist

Postby benga on Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:57 pm

rockfist wrote:He invited me to 4 games...I'm ranked lower than him, but I think he's just trying to get games to fill and I don't think I fit the normal profile of someone who is farmed (although I have a stupid stubborn streak).

lol what are you trying to be funny?

Game 19778497
Game 19778496
Game 19778499
Game 19778498
Game 19778501
Game 19778500
Game 19778503
Game 19778502
Game 19778505
Game 19778504
Sergeant benga

Postby rockfist on Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:21 pm

Iā€™ve had my differences from time to time with josko. Heā€™s anywhere from a colonel to Conqueror in rank. You canā€™t get games filled timely enough if you only play people in that rank range to complete a challenge. I think your grasping at straws here.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby josko.ri on Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:12 pm

There are 1000 players ranked Majors out of 10000 total players. So, If I just randomly invite players to my games, then 10% of players who join should be high ranked.

I invited high ranked rockfist to 4 of my games so given the above ratio I should have right to invite 40 lower ranked players without breaking rules, but I invited them to only 10 of my Polymorphic games.

I invite players that I never heard of for purpose of medal hunting, but I invite them both to my team and to opponent team, see for instance Game 19761064 where I have two very low ranked players in my team.

Also, my reason to invite unknown players is medal hunting. For medal hunting, I need unique kills, so whenever I see a player whom I never heard of before, I invite him. As I usually play exclusively high ranked games, then I already have unique kill versus majority of high ranked players, so only low ranked players are left for me to successfully achieve unique kills.

How else do you suggest to get Platinum medal in any category, where 1000 unique kills are needed, except of sometimes play vs low ranked players? I cannot get 1000 unique kills playing only high ranked players because total number of these players is 1000 so I would need to beat every single high ranked player one by one.

Also, the monthly Challenge games get filled more quicker after I send my invitations, instead of lasting for forever until they get filled. And it is also welcome to popularize the Monthly Challenge to the wider audience than it is now.

I hope you will realize that my intention is not ill or manipulating the Scoreboard in any way. I just want to have fun with players whom I never meet until now (both in my team and in opponent's team), which is surely contributory to the community because more players gets a chance to play vs one of the best player on the site.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:08 am

rockfist wrote:Iā€™ve had my differences from time to time with josko. Heā€™s anywhere from a colonel to Conqueror in rank. You canā€™t get games filled timely enough if you only play people in that rank range to complete a challenge. I think your grasping at straws here.

I don't think the issue is playing low ranking players who are involved in the challenge. I think the issue is inviting low ranking players who weren't involved in the challenge.

Someone who has been playing the challenge is presumably familiarized with the map and settings being used and has some chance. Someone who is not involved in the challenge may not have played this combination of map and settings in years, if ever. He would have little chance to win even against a player of moderate skill, much less against a master.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:
rockfist wrote:Iā€™ve had my differences from time to time with josko. Heā€™s anywhere from a colonel to Conqueror in rank. You canā€™t get games filled timely enough if you only play people in that rank range to complete a challenge. I think your grasping at straws here.

I don't think the issue is playing low ranking players who are involved in the challenge. I think the issue is inviting low ranking players who weren't involved in the challenge.

Someone who has been playing the challenge is presumably familiarized with the map and settings being used and has some chance. Someone who is not involved in the challenge may not have played this combination of map and settings in years, if ever. He would have little chance to win even against a player of moderate skill, much less against a master.

For me this was also the first time playing this combination of map and settings. Therefore, I am equally familiar with the map and settings like the players who I invited are.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:20 am

josko.ri wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

For me this was also the first time playing this combination of map and settings. Therefore, I am equally familiar with the map and settings like the players who I invited are.

Don't play BS games. You're a master of every setting. Whether you used this specific setting on this specific map is immaterial.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 am

Potentially, players who I invited could also become interested for the challenge which would benefit the challenge as a whole, more participants means better challenge.
Major josko.ri

Postby rockfist on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:04 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
josko.ri wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Don't play BS games. You're a master of every setting. Whether you used this specific setting on this specific map is immaterial.

Josko is a master of many settings(more than me for sure). No one is a master of every setting not even him...he was unfamiliar with the setting as evidenced by his initial results against me, but he learns very fast.
Brigadier rockfist

Postby benga on Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:20 pm

let's see his stats:

potarr
4 games total on this map, 3 of them recent with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

infurior
2 games active as we speak with josko, 1 poly and 1 team with him

knightjackal

mpolo
3 games active as we speak with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

EESHA
8 games total, 3 games active as we speak with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

Captain Mack

Cilencia
2 games active as we speak with josko, both team with and vs josko, probably would be poly too if he wasn't freemium

etc.

further more as he also said here and on caffs wall he specifically targeted those NR solely for medal hunt, he combined both teammate, march challenge and not sure what other medal still available to him

so he probably also did this:
verper and ltcomdata only have one game in this challenge Game 19761062 so it might be that he also invited them to the opposite team so the game could start

It just comes as spit to my face as I started all those games and waited for players to join as one of the criteria was Joinablility: Public and there I could have just cherry picked some clueless players and win me some easy medal.
Sergeant benga

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:16 pm

benga wrote:let's see his stats:

potarr
4 games total on this map, 3 of them recent with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

infurior

knightjackal

mpolo
3 games active as we speak with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

EESHA
8 games total, 3 games active as we speak with josko, 1 poly and 2 team (with and vs josko)

Captain Mack

Cilencia
2 games active as we speak with josko, both team with and vs josko, probably would be poly too if he wasn't freemium

etc.

further more as he also said here and on caffs wall he specifically targeted those NR solely for medal hunt, he combined both teammate, march challenge and not sure what other medal still available to him

so he probably also did this:
verper and ltcomdata only have one game in this challenge Game 19761062 so it might be that he also invited them to the opposite team so the game could start

It just comes as spit to my face as I started all those games and waited for players to join as one of the criteria was Joinablility: Public and there I could have just cherry picked some clueless players and win me some easy medal.

First part of your post is bashing me because I am good player. Should good players have restrictions whom should they play?
These games are Public and as it they have option to invite whoever you wish.
I just use this option and because of that games get filled quicker, resulting in more games played in the March challenge.
I dont see anything bad in that.
Major josko.ri

Postby Mad777 on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:23 pm

i think, if i understand correctly what is being said is rather than inviting player(s), just creates the game using challenge settings and let members joining by themselves, and you get what you get.

For medal hunting you can use the casual gaming creating/inviting members as you wish outside of the challenge bubble.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby josko.ri on Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:25 pm

Mad777 wrote:i think, if i understand correctly what is being said is rather than inviting player(s), just creates the game using challenge settings and let members joining by themselves, and you get what you get.

This is the most common way, I used another way.
My way is not forbidden by rules neither unethical, it serves that more range of players gets fun from the challenge.
Major josko.ri

Postby benga on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:21 am

josko.ri wrote:
Mad777 wrote:i think, if i understand correctly what is being said is rather than inviting player(s), just creates the game using challenge settings and let members joining by themselves, and you get what you get.

My way is not forbidden by rules neither unethical, it serves that more range of players gets fun from the challenge.

Thx Mad for summarizing me.
josko those players don't even have a chance to win a medal, neither would you if you didn't invite them to the games, bending the rules doesn't make it right

if it's not bending then I know what I will be doing hence forth
Sergeant benga

Postby josko.ri on Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:30 am

benga wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

Thx Mad for summarizing me.
josko those players don't even have a chance to win a medal, neither would you if you didn't invite them to the games, bending the rules doesn't make it right

if it's not bending then I know what I will be doing hence forth

Pool for my opponents is 10000 site players. Inviting any of them to any game is not unethical nor forbidden unless if there is a malicious intent behind, such as manipulating the scoreboard. I also invited rockfist to four games and he kicked my butt 3-1.

My intent is just to play with and versus wider range of players regardless of their rank, which I dont consider malicious intent.
Opposite to that would be playing hundreds of games vs the same 5 players who occupy majority of games of the monthly challenge.

Definitely, my way is making much more fun to me than playing vs 5 the same players over and over again.
Major josko.ri

Postby benga on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:43 am

So if I medal hunt I can invite as many players as I want and I see fit as long as I am not manipulating the scoreboard? So you plan not to win those games?
Don't see how those two are different, but if they are I have bunch of medals that I need to win so thanks for the tip.
Sergeant benga

Postby josko.ri on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:59 am

benga wrote:So if I medal hunt I can invite as many players as I want and I see fit as long as I am not manipulating the scoreboard? So you plan not to win those games?
Don't see how those two are different, but if they are I have bunch of medals that I need to win so thanks for the tip.

I plan to win these games, where did you concluded opposite?
My answer is yes, you can invite as many players as you want and play with them unless if you have malicious intent. Playing vs wider number of players is not malicious intent, especially in times when there are many newcomers on the site so they need to be welcomed.
Major josko.ri

Postby Caymanmew on Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Firstly the idea of inviting people to monthly challenge games is not negative. The more people playing the challenge the better as far as I am concerned. Inviting someone unaware of the challenge could make them aware of it and increase the chance they are active in future challenges. Activity on the site is positive.

Now the real problem here is not inviting players, it is Josko inviting lower ranked players. Of the games you listed Benga, only 1 player is newer to the site, everyone else has 1000's of games played some with more then josko. Even then Josko is also inviting people to be on his team, giving them the chance to learn from one of the best.

I suspect there would be no complaints if NewAgePrometheus was doing the same thing, inviting peoples to these games. (i picked them as they are 6th on march monthly challenge scoreboard and lower ranked)

Honestly Benga, the reality of the situation is there are not many people on this site who can stand up to Josko period.

Let's say anyone Major and higher is a fair fight, which it is not, but for argument sake, we say it is. As of this post that is 1003 players. If we wanted Colonel plus it would be 344.

So that heavily limits who can even give him a fair fight. Add on that the high ranked community is the most stingy when it comes to what games they play and you're probably looking at 25% of the 1000 major plus players that would even be willing to play the monthly challenge games, even that is probably too high of a %. Of that 25% I bet a good amount would rather avoid playing vs Josko all together.

As of now, there is no rule against inviting people to monthly challenge games, if you want to invite people Benga do it. If a rule gets put in place at some point then all will have to follow it but until then Josko is not doing anything wrong here.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Postby benga on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:05 pm

So you are saying all decent players are afraid of josko so lets send him some fresh meat :lol: :lol:

I see you have the same stance ranching for points is forbidden but ranching for medals is allowed
Sergeant benga

Postby Caymanmew on Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:23 pm

benga wrote:So you are saying all decent players are afraid of josko so lets send him some fresh meat :lol: :lol:

I see you have the same stance ranching for points is forbidden but ranching for medals is allowed

No, not all decent players but I know I wouldn't walk into a public game vs Josko unless it was on a map and setting I know very well. Most good and above players only play their maps / setting anyways. But again there is not really that many players that fit that criteria, so of course he will have to go elsewhere to find opponents.

As far as ranching if it isn't farming new recruits or people new to the site I have no problem with it. The idea you're going to police who high skilled players can play against is BS. They are not new players, they can say no to the game invite if they want.
Colonel Caymanmew
Head Clan Director
Head Clan Director

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges