Conquer Club

HOLYWARS 1250 - VERSION 37

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: HOLYWARS 1250 version 24

Postby riskllama on Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:27 pm

the only person who seems to be upset is you, sym - and you don't really count. please f*ck off now.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:26 pm

riskllama wrote:the only person who seems to be upset is you, sym - and you don't really count. please f*ck off now.

Look- obviously you're upset, which kinda makes your point a bit self-contradictory.

Let's get back to talking about it reasonably. This ain't a troll thread.

Fair?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm

No surprise on that one.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Vlasov on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:41 pm

What's happening with this map? It looks good. It shows promise.
Cadet Vlasov

Postby CHAMPOS on Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 am

LOOKING TO FINALISE THIS MAP, ANYMORE IDEAS?

Map Name: HOLYWARS 1250
Mapmaker(s):CHAMPOS
Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. (in two player games there would be an additional 2 territories starting neutral being Alodia - Oriental Orthodox and Serbia - Eastern Orthodox)
Special Features:An historically accurate map, no gaps, simple gameplay....
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Tried to be historically accurate, on the following basis: the kingdoms/empires at the time (with the areas they ruled/controlled) and then categorised by the rulers religion. There were a number of kingdoms/empires/religions coming together at the same time in 1250AD...
- the Roman Catholics had taken control over mainland Europe from the last Islamic Caliphate holding in Spain,
- the Islamic Caliphates were being attacked from the east by the Tengerian Mongols and from the west by the Roman Catholic crusades,
- the northern Eastern Orthodox territories were under Tengerian Mongol control,
- the Tengerian Mongols had been halted by their leadership changes and power struggles,
- the Indian Hindus were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates and Tengerian Mongols,
- the Oriental Orthodox were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates,
- Crusades continued to Jerusalem, with the following all heading in its direction: Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Islamic Caliphates, Jews and there is also evidence the Tengerian Mongols set foot in Palestine at the time...
Who will prevail...?

[url][url=https://imgur.com/J6gtLHE]Image[/url]/url]

LATEST DRAFT

...boogie
Corporal 1st Class CHAMPOS

Re: HOLYWARS 1250 version 25

Postby CHAMPOS on Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:08 am

VERSION 25

Two sea crossing removed. The successful conquests at the time were on land and it also improves gameplay (making the RC and IC easier to hold) - MORE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE

Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. (in two player games there would be an additional 2 territories starting neutral being Alodia - Oriental Orthodox and Serbia - Eastern Orthodox)
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Tried to be historically accurate, on the following basis: the kingdoms/empires at the time (with the areas they ruled/controlled) and then categorised by the rulers religion. There were a number of kingdoms/empires/religions coming together at the same time in 1250AD...
- the Roman Catholics had taken control over mainland Europe from the last Islamic Caliphate holding in Spain,
- the Islamic Caliphates were being attacked from the east by the Tengerian Mongols and from the west by the Roman Catholic crusades,
- the northern Eastern Orthodox territories were under Tengerian Mongol control,
- the Tengerian Mongols had been halted by their leadership changes and power struggles,
- the Indian Hindus were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates and Tengerian Mongols,
- the Oriental Orthodox were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates,
- Crusades continued to Jerusalem, with the following all heading in its direction: Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Islamic Caliphates, Jews and there is also evidence the Tengerian Mongols set foot in Palestine at the time...
Who will prevail...?

LATEST DRAFT

...boogie

Re: HOLYWARS 1250

Postby CHAMPOS on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:16 am

VERSION 26

BONUSES CHANGED

LATEST DRAFT

BONUS CALCULATOR

...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:24 am

AS PER PREVIOUS POST THE FOLLOWING WOULD APPLY...

The first six territories would be allocated as follows (in this order for all game scenarios - 2,3,4,5,6 etc player):

- Makuria - OO
- Serbia - EO
- Alodia - OO
- Begwena - OO
- Bulgaria - EO
- Empire of Nicea - EO
...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:58 am

VERSION 26

Changes
- bonus changes made

I'm looking to finalise this map, any more comments on the gameplay?

Mapmaker:CHAMPOS

Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops.
(The first six territories would be allocated as follows (in this order for all game scenarios - 2,3,4,5,6 etc player): i. Makuria - OO, ii. Serbia - EO, iii. Alodia - OO; iv. Begwena - OO, v. Bulgaria - EO, vi. Empire of Nicea - EO)

Special Features:An historically accurate map, no territory gaps, simple gameplay....

What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Tried to be historically accurate, on the following basis: the kingdoms/empires at 1250AD (with the areas they ruled/controlled) and then categorised by the rulers religion. There were a number of kingdoms/empires/religions coming together at the same time in 1250AD...who will prevail?

LATEST DRAFT

BONUS CALCULATOR

...boogie

Postby Vlasov on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:17 am

Will this map be advanced to Beta soon?
Cadet Vlasov

Postby CHAMPOS on Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:08 am

Vlasov wrote:Will this map be advanced to Beta soon?

I hope so. Keen to get comments on playability and get this to the next stage ASAP...
...boogie

Postby iancanton on Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:45 pm

removing the two sea crossings has made both roman catholics and islamic caliphates more playable and the v26 bonuses are an improvement.

the start positions work in a slightly different way from the list of six given. i'll explain this later.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby CHAMPOS on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:55 am

Thanks for the feedback Ian

Starting positions - happy to be flexible on the starting allocation order for OO and EO, let me know your thoughts

Sea crossing removal - this is designed to make RC and IC easier and also makes the map more historically accurate given the vast majority if successful invasions were over land at the time. It also forces gameplay towards the middle of the map - Jerusalem area, which should be an interesting dynamic of the map

How can we take this to the next stage? Hopefully most of the gameplay comments have been dealt with

Champos
...boogie

Postby iancanton on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm

CHAMPOS wrote:(The first six territories would be allocated as follows (in this order for all game scenarios - 2,3,4,5,6 etc player): i. Makuria - OO, ii. Serbia - EO, iii. Alodia - OO; iv. Begwena - OO, v. Bulgaria - EO, vi. Empire of Nicea - EO)

the game engine does not allow this allocation method.

for 2-player games only, u can specify 2 start positions exactly, of 2 regions each.

start position 1 = 1 named EO region that u choose now plus 1 named OO region that u choose now.
start position 2 = 1 different EO region that u choose now plus 1 different OO region that u choose now.

one EO region and one OO region will never be part of the start positions, but will be allocated randomly in the same way as the 36 other normal regions.

the next stage is for u to choose now which EO and which OO go into start position 1 and start position 2.

in 2-player games only, the allocation order is: 2 starting neutrals first, 4 start position regions second (as 2 pairs), 38 normal regions third.

incidentally, it's helpful if u change the title of the opening post to include the latest version number.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:18 am

I think the green troop circles on the IC territories are hard to see against the (often) greenish backgrounds. Could the green color be made brighter? (Yes I realize the territory names are color-coded too, but I think it would help.)
Cadet Vlasov

Re: HOLYWARS 1250 - VERSION 26

Postby CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:46 am

Thanks Ian

So can we have the following:

i. two territories start neutral - Jerusalem and Ayyubid Caliphate (which Jerusalem is within)

ii. 2 player games - Player 1 allocated OO Makuria and EO Serbia and Player 2 OO Begwena and EO Empire of Nicea

iii. 3 and above players - 42 territories allocated randomly (after the 2 territories above start neutral)

Does this work?

Champos
...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:58 am

Vlasov wrote:I think the green troop circles on the IC territories are hard to see against the (often) greenish backgrounds. Could the green color be made brighter? (Yes I realize the territory names are color-coded too, but I think it would help.)

I will make this update in next draft.
...boogie

Re: HOLYWARS 1250 - VERSION 27

Postby CHAMPOS on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:50 am

VERSION 27

Changes
- IC troop circle surround colour changed, follows comment
- initial troop allocations clearer

I'm looking to finalise this map, any more comments on the gameplay?

Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. (In 2 player games - Player 1 initially allocated OO Makuria and EO Serbia and Player 2 OO Begwena and EO Empire of Nicea)

Special Features:An historically accurate map, no territory gaps, simple gameplay....

What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made: Tried to be historically accurate, on the following basis: the kingdoms/empires at 1250AD (with the areas they ruled/controlled) and then categorised by the rulers religion. There were a number of kingdoms/empires/religions coming together at the same time in 1250AD...who will prevail?

LATEST DRAFT

BONUS CALCULATOR

Last edited by CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
...boogie

Postby iancanton on Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:47 pm

good stuff!

every cc map has two sizes, so the next steps are to scale down the large map to a small size (maximum 630 pixels wide) and produce an xml file for the game engine to read. when u make the small map, the troop numbers must stay the same size and the text must remain legible.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:08 am

VERSION 28

Changes
- starting positions - The six territories in Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox are split randomly between players and allocated first in all player options (2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc). So in 2 player options a player is not disadvantaged (they either both start with a set each or neither player does) and in 3 player games no player can start with these sets. It also reduced the probability for 4,5,6 player games on any player owning one of these sets to start.
- draft XML code - Draft coding enclosed - see below (still need to finalise coordinates)

I'm looking to finalise this map, any more comments?

Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. The six territories in Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox are split randomly between players and allocated first in all player options (2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc).

LATEST DRAFT

BONUS CALCULATOR

XML CODING

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n10p31javspt ... 0.rtf?dl=0
...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:23 am

iancanton wrote:good stuff!

every cc map has two sizes, so the next steps are to scale down the large map to a small size (maximum 630 pixels wide) and produce an xml file for the game engine to read. when u make the small map, the troop numbers must stay the same size and the text must remain legible.

I have produced the draft XML code - see last post. The coordinates need updating.

I need to get the coordinates finalised. Is there a program I can use to check the map and XML coordinates together to make sure they work OK. Armed with this I can then finalise the coordinates in the XML code and produce the large and small versions

I tried XML Test and Map Instepctor but the links to the program did not work.
...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:42 am

CHAMPOS wrote:
iancanton wrote:good stuff!

I have produced the draft XML code - see last post. The coordinates need updating.

I need to get the coordinates finalised. Is there a program I can use to check the map and XML coordinates together to make sure they work OK. Armed with this I can then finalise the coordinates in the XML code and produce the large and small versions

I tried XML Test and Map Instepctor but the links to the program did not work.

using a Mac
...boogie

Re: HOLYWARS 1250 - VERSION 32

Postby CHAMPOS on Sun May 03, 2020 7:24 am

VERSION 32 - XML
<map>
  <!-- HolyWars1250 -->

<minreinforcement/>

<reinforcements/>

<positions/>

<!-- Start Positions -->
<positions>
   <position>
      <territory>Makuria</territory> <!-- Oriental Orthodox -->
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory>Serbia</territory> <!-- Eastern Orthodox -->
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory>Alodia</territory> <!-- Oriental Orthodox -->
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory>Begwena</territory> <!-- Oriental Orthodox -->
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory>Bulgaria</territory> <!-- Eastern Orthodox -->
   </position>
   <position>
      <territory>Empire of Nicaea</territory>. <!-- Eastern Orthodox -->
   </position>

</positions>

<requirement/>

<objectives/>

<continents/>

<continent>
      <name>Roman Catholics</name>
      <bonus>8</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Kingdom of Scotland</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of England</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of France</territory>
         <territory>Aragon</territory>
         <territory>Castile</territory>
         <territory>Portugal</territory>
         <territory>Holy Roman Empire</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of Denmark</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of Norway</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of Sweden</territory>
         <territory>Teutonic Orders</territory>
         <territory>Lithuania</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of Poland</territory>
         <territory>Kingdom of Hungary</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Eastern Orthodox</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Bulgaria</territory>
         <territory>Serbia</territory>
         <territory>Empire of Nicaea</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Mongol Tengerians</name>
      <bonus>8</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Sultanate of Rum</territory>
         <territory>Ilkhanate Horde</territory>
         <territory>Empire of the Great Khan</territory>
         <territory>Chagatai Horde</territory>
         <territory>White Horde</territory>
         <territory>Blue Horde</territory>
         <territory>Rus Principalities</territory>
         <territory>Novgorod</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Islamic Caliphates</name>
      <bonus>8</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Delhi Sultanate</territory>
         <territory>Ayyubid Caliphate</territory>
         <territory>Abbasid Caliphate</territory>
         <territory>Arabian Tribes</territory>
         <territory>Hafsid Caliphate</territory>
         <territory>Kanem Bornu Empire</territory>
         <territory>Somali Sultanates</territory>
         <territory>Mali Empire</territory>
         <territory>Zayyanid</territory>
         <territory>Marinid</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Jerusalem</name>
      <bonus>1</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Jerusalem</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
   <continent>
      <name>Eastern Orthodox</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Makuria</territory>
         <territory>Alodia</territory>
         <territory>Begwena</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>
      <name>Hindu Indians</name>
      <bonus>2</bonus>
      <components>
         <territory>Gujarat</territory>
         <territory>Yadavas</territory>
         <territory>Gangas</territory>
         <territory>Kakatiyas</territory>
         <territory>Hoysalas</territory>
      </components>
   </continent>

<territories/>

<territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Scotland</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of England</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>37</smallx>
         <smally>68</smally>
         <largex>51</largex>
         <largey>83</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of England</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of Scotland</border>
         <border>Kingdom of France</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>51</smallx>
         <smally>93</smally>
         <largex>69</largex>
         <largey>116</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of France</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Aragon</border>
         <border>Kingdom of England</border>
         <border>Holy Roman Empire</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>70</smallx>
         <smally>173</smally>
         <largex>95</largex>
         <largey>223</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Aragon</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Castile</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>57</smallx>
         <smally>212</smally>
         <largex>77</largex>
         <largey>275</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Castile</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Aragon</border>
         <border>Portugal</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>34</smallx>
         <smally>232</smally>
         <largex>46</largex>
         <largey>302</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Portugal</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Castile</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>11</smallx>
         <smally>207</smally>
         <largex>16</largex>
         <largey>269</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Holy Roman Empire</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of Denmark</border>
         <border>Teutonic Orders</border>
         <border>Kingdom of Poland</border>
         <border>Kingdom of Hungary</border> 
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>122</smallx>
         <smally>162</smally>
         <largex>164</largex>
         <largey>209</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Denmark</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of Sweden</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>120</smallx>
         <smally>84</smally>
         <largex>161</largex>
         <largey>104</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Norway</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of Sweden</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>123</smallx>
         <smally>33</smally>
         <largex>165</largex>
         <largey>36</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Sweden</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Kingdom of Norway</border>
         <border>Kingdom of Denmark</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>151</smallx>
         <smally>51</smally>
         <largex>202</largex>
         <largey>61</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Teutonic Orders</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Lithuania</border>
         <border>Novgorod</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>199</smallx>
         <smally>62</smally>
         <largex>266</largex>
         <largey>75</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Lithuania</name>
      <borders>
<border>Rus Principalities</border>                  
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>220</smallx>
         <smally>69</smally>
         <largex>295</largex>
         <largey>84</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Poland</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>181</smallx>
         <smally>126</smally>
         <largex>242</largex>
         <largey>161</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kingdom of Hungary</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Bulgaria</border>
         <border>Serbia</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>181</smallx>
         <smally>175</smally>
         <largex>242</largex>
         <largey>226</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Bulgaria</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Serbia</border>
         <border>Empire of Nicaea</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>214</smallx>
         <smally>180</smally>
         <largex>286</largex>
         <largey>233</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Serbia</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>187</smallx>
         <smally>205</smally>
         <largex>251</largex>
         <largey>266</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Empire of Nicaea</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Serbia</border>
         <border>Sultanate of Rum</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>216</smallx>
         <smally>237</smally>
         <largex>289</largex>
         <largey>308</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Sultanate of Rum</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Ilkhanate Horde</border>
         <border>Ayyubid Caliphate</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>268</smallx>
         <smally>212</smally>
         <largex>358</largex>
         <largey>275</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Ilkhanate Horde</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Abbasid Caliphate</border>
         <border>Empire of the Great Khan</border>
         <border>Delhi Sultanate</border>
         <border>Blue Horde</border>
         <border>Chagatai Horde</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>405</smallx>
         <smally>280</smally>
         <largex>541</largex>
         <largey>366</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Empire of the Great Khan</name>
      <borders>
         <border>White Horde</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>581</smallx>
         <smally>283</smally>
         <largex>776</largex>
         <largey>370</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Chagatai Horde</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>495</smallx>
         <smally>220</smally>
         <largex>661</largex>
         <largey>286</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>White Horde</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>442</smallx>
         <smally>152</smally>
         <largex>590</largex>
         <largey>195</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Blue Horde</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>352</smallx>
         <smally>123</smally>
         <largex>470</largex>
         <largey>157</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Rus Principalities</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>257</smallx>
         <smally>122</smally>
         <largex>344</largex>
         <largey>155</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Novgorod</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>252</smallx>
         <smally>53</smally>
         <largex>337</largex>
         <largey>63</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Delhi Sultanate</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Gujarat</border>
         <border>Yadavas</border>
         <border>Gangas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>540</smallx>
         <smally>311</smally>
         <largex>721</largex>
         <largey>407</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Ayyubid Caliphate</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Hafsid Caliphate</border>
         <border>Jerusalem</border>
         <border>Arabian Tribes</border>
         <border>Makuria</border>
         <border>Alodia</border>
         <border>Begwena</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>286</smallx>
         <smally>300</smally>
         <largex>383</largex>
         <largey>392</largey>
      </coordinates>
<neutral>3</neutral>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Abbasid Caliphate</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Arabian Tribes</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>326</smallx>
         <smally>285</smally>
         <largex>436</largex>
         <largey>372</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Arabian Tribes</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>365</smallx>
         <smally>363</smally>
         <largex>488</largex>
         <largey>476</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Hafsid Caliphate</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Makuria</border>
         <border>Kanem Bornu Empire</border>
         <border>Mali Empire</border>
         <border>Zayyanid</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>172</smallx>
         <smally>308</smally>
         <largex>231</largex>
         <largey>403</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kanem Bornu Empire</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Makuria</border>
         <border>Alodia</border>
         <border>Begwena</border>
         <border>Somali Sultanates</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>196</smallx>
         <smally>366</smally>
         <largex>263</largex>
         <largey>481</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Somali Sultanates</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Begwena</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>356</smallx>
         <smally>420</smally>
         <largex>476</largex>
         <largey>553</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Mali Empire</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Marinid</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>79</smallx>
         <smally>360</smally>
         <largex>107</largex>
         <largey>472</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Zayyanid</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Marinid</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>84</smallx>
         <smally>289</smally>
         <largex>113</largex>
         <largey>378</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Marinid</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>25</smallx>
         <smally>285</smally>
         <largex>35</largex>
         <largey>372</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Gujarat</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Yadavas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>505</smallx>
         <smally>331</smally>
         <largex>674</largex>
         <largey>434</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Yadavas</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Gujarat</border>
         <border>Kakatiyas</border>
         <border>Gangas</border>
         <border>Hoysalas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>521</smallx>
         <smally>358</smally>
         <largex>696</largex>
         <largey>470</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Gangas</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Yadavas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>572</smallx>
         <smally>339</smally>
         <largex>764</largex>
         <largey>445</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Kakatiyas</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Yadavas</border>
         <border>Gangas</border>
         <border>Hoysalas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>541</smallx>
         <smally>381</smally>
         <largex>723</largex>
         <largey>500</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Hoysalas</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Yadavas</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>531</smallx>
         <smally>413</smally>
         <largex>709</largex>
         <largey>543</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Makuria</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Alodia</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>254</smallx>
         <smally>345</smally>
         <largex>340</largex>
         <largey>452</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Alodia</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Makuria</border>
         <border>Begwena</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>265</smallx>
         <smally>375</smally>         
         <largex>354</largex>
         <largey>492</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Begwena</name>
      <borders>
         <border>Somali Sultanates</border>
         <border>Alodia</border>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>283</smallx>
         <smally>408</smally>         
         <largex>378</largex>
         <largey>536</largey>
      </coordinates>
   </territory>
   <territory>
      <name>Jerusalem</name>
      <borders>
      </borders>
      <coordinates>
         <smallx>281</smallx>
         <smally>271</smally>         
         <largex>376</largex>
         <largey>354</largey>
      </coordinates>
<neutral>3</neutral>
   </territory>

</map>
...boogie

Postby CHAMPOS on Sun May 03, 2020 7:39 am

VERSION 32

Changes
- minor movement of some borders
- large and small versions
- updated XML territory co-ordinates using Map Assist

I'm looking to finalise this map, any more comments?

Number of Territories:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. (The six territories in Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox are split randomly between players and allocated first in all player options (2,3,4,5,6,7,8 etc). So in 2 player options a player is not disadvantaged - they either both start with a set each or neither player does) and in 3 player games no player can start with these sets. It also reduced the probability for 4,5,6 player games for any player owning one of these sets to start.)

LATEST DRAFT LARGE

LATEST DRAFT SMALL

BONUS CALCULATOR

XML CODING

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z0hevm8b2mcm ... 2.rtf?dl=0
...boogie

Postby iancanton on Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm

while i check the xml, ask loutil to add u to the beta testers team, which will let u access beta.conquerclub.com to do beta testing.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry