Conquer Club

Suggestions and Requests for Monthly/Quarterly Challenges

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Suggestions and Requests for Monthly/Quarterly Challenges

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Thu May 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Have something you would like to see in a future challenge? Please feel free to share and develop your ideas and requests here.

Good luck!
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Re: Suggestions and Requests

Postby bigbrow74 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 am

just my thought...but there really should be a game limit active at one time for the monthly challenges...i noticed you got people with 400-600 challenge games going at once..it takes me attempting to win/even the desire to participate in it as there is no way alot of people can afford that much time...it truly takes the advantage away from good players who want to participate for the win but cant or wont play 24 hr a day...seem thats players are getting rewarded for the amount of time they are able to play instead of their skills..i think there should be some type of resolve for further monthly challenges.
Cook bigbrow74

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:45 pm

Create a separate medal in which a player's monthly point total is divided by number of games won.
That way, any talented player stands a chance, even CC's downtrodden dalit caste of Freemium.
Last edited by Thorthoth on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby jfm10 on Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:13 am

A tournament style monthly challenge where everyone only can enter once but the games progress to the last player standing.Maybe even a consequtive bot 1v1 challenge so players don't hold up the finale at the end of the month and can be played by everyone.
Corporal jfm10

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:44 am

I agree with bigbrow here. I like CC and I like to play Risk, BUT not to the point of playing 500-600 games at ONCE. I do not even play 50 at once. I try to have a life outside of CC.

bigbrow74 wrote:just my thought...but there really should be a game limit active at one time for the monthly challenges...i noticed you got people with 400-600 challenge games going at once..it takes me attempting to win/even the desire to participate in it as there is no way alot of people can afford that much time...it truly takes the advantage away from good players who want to participate for the win but cant or wont play 24 hr a day...seem thats players are getting rewarded for the amount of time they are able to play instead of their skills..i think there should be some type of resolve for further monthly challenges.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 am

It would be nice to see another speed(freestyle\1-2 minute)

Maps
Feudal War(6 players,freestyle,esc,Any Reinforcements,Fog-No Fog,No Trench 1-2 minutes) Bronze Medal
Feudal Epic(8 players,freestyle,esc,Any Reinforcements,Fog-No Fog,No Trench 1-2 minutes) Silver Medal
Arms Race(9 players,freestyle,esc,chained-parachute,Fog,Trench-No Trench 1-2 minutes) Gold Medal

something like that would be nice but any challenge with speed freestyle would be great.
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby yvesyves on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:09 am

Monthly challenge are very fun to play . I would suggest a maximum of game to play and at the end award the percentage of win to rank players . To be equal, everyone should have the same amout of game play .
Sergeant 1st Class yvesyves

Postby MGSteve on Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:36 am

I'd like to see the name of CC's so called "flat" rate changed to something that it really is, since it isn't flat. Let's call it like it is; spoils colors rate or some such. Then we could have an actual flat rate where you get 8 troops every time you turn in no matter what. Actual flat rate is a really nice way to play. With actual flat rate you don't have the computer selected spoils colors as an added computer selected factor to go along with the computer selected dice. That way you know that you're going to get 8 troops each turn in instead of 4, 6, 8 or 10 depending on what the computer has selected for you. Plus honesty is good and calling CC's so called flat rate, flat is not honest in the least. It's anything but flat.
Captain MGSteve

Postby riskllama on Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:28 pm

MGSteve wrote:I'd like to see the name of CC's so called "flat" rate changed to something that it really is, since it isn't flat. Let's call it like it is; spoils colors rate or some such. Then we could have an actual flat rate where you get 8 troops every time you turn in no matter what. Actual flat rate is a really nice way to play. With actual flat rate you don't have the computer selected spoils colors as an added computer selected factor to go along with the computer selected dice. That way you know that you're going to get 8 troops each turn in instead of 4, 6, 8 or 10 depending on what the computer has selected for you. Plus honesty is good and calling CC's so called flat rate, flat is not honest in the least. It's anything but flat.

*inb4 move*

how about a monthly challenge using the oft forgotten beta maps?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby CatchersMitt14 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:12 pm

riskllama wrote:how about a monthly challenge using the oft forgotten beta maps?

We used to hold betaMarch but quit when the foundry died as the maps were just repeating year after year and the map makers were gone to get any input from the participants. A forum post for the map would get you a token.
11:36:19 ‹Swifte› #RazYouUselessTwit
Captain CatchersMitt14

Postby nemapredaje on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:16 am

Where is Dezember monthly challlange?

If will come 25.12.
Why dont have some Christamass Calendar?
Major nemapredaje

Postby Mad777 on Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:03 am

nemapredaje wrote:Where is Dezember monthly challlange?

If will come 25.12.
Why dont have some Christamass Calendar?

There is the CC year end event (7 days of CC and CC anniversary) coming up that usually bring high game load that’s why december and january challenge are not always good to run along with those upcoming Holidays events
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Zemljanin on Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Mad777 wrote:There is the CC year end event (7 days of CC and CC anniversary) coming up that usually bring high game load that’s why december and january challenge are not always good to run along with those upcoming Holidays events

So the next challenge is in February?
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:05 am

No, we are planning one for January, barring any unforeseen disasters, of course.

We also plan to reveal something new soon that will go along with the monthly challenges. :-$
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby HardAttack on Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:18 am

Where is santa claus ?

:lol:
LEGENDS of WAR
Colonel HardAttack

Postby Zemljanin on Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:54 am

groovysmurf wrote:No, we are planning one for January, barring any unforeseen disasters, of course.

We also plan to reveal something new soon that will go along with the monthly challenges. :-$

Then I have a suggestion:

Why don't we get January challenge 10 or 15 days earlier? It would be nice, at least once in a while, to get a possibility of planning and playing more leisurely. One relaxed challenge, in holiday manner and atmosphere...
I'd injoy it very much!
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:02 am

Zemljanin wrote:
groovysmurf wrote:No, we are planning one for January, barring any unforeseen disasters, of course.

Then I have a suggestion:

Why don't we get January challenge 10 or 15 days earlier? It would be nice, at least once in a while, to get a possibility of planning and playing more leisurely. One relaxed challenge, in holiday manner and atmosphere...
I'd injoy it very much!

We don't want to interfere with the Christmas event. For that matter, don't like the fact that we have to compete with the New Years/Anniversary event, but at least that one is mercifully brief.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:22 am

Dukasaur wrote:We don't want to interfere with the Christmas event. For that matter, don't like the fact that we have to compete with the New Years/Anniversary event, but at least that one is mercifully brief.

If you're talking about Chatters Christmas Challenge 2020, the nature of the two events is SO different, there wouldn't be any real interference. A bit of nice synergy, if anything.
When it concerns a conflict between Monthly Challenge and New Years/Anniversary event, I am remaining in silent disagreement, since I know literally nothing about the latter one (content, rules, schedule...). Generally, I think that relaxing at least one of the two concurrent events makes benefit rather than harm.

Btw, I've found ZERO New Year events in MAD's database. Is this one the first?
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Mad777 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:37 am

Hey bud, i have posted the event name but the link for the scoreboard isn’t ready yet, webmaster is working out and the 7 days event should start soon, check the prior year scoreboard listed in that topic and the start date should be about the same within a day or so ;) hope this help
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:20 am

Mad777 wrote:Hey bud, i have posted the event name but the link for the scdoreboard isn’t ready yet, webmaster is working out and the 7 days event should start soon, check the prior year scoreboard listed in that topic and the start date should be about the same within a day or so ;) hope this help

Are you talking about this? I thought the New Year event is something else, because Dukasaur said it's short. Just couldn't imagine Monster Royal to be short...

If so, I'm gravely disappointed. Vast majority of CC members would never consider playing a freestyle game (me thinks). If I'm right, what should be the the most popular event is actually designed for (less than) 0.1% members...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Mad777 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:56 am

Zemljanin wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Hey bud, i have posted the event name but the link for the scdoreboard isn’t ready yet, webmaster is working out and the 7 days event should start soon, check the prior year scoreboard listed in that topic and the start date should be about the same within a day or so ;) hope this help

Are you talking about this? I thought the New Year event is something else, because Dukasaur said it's short. Just couldn't imagine Monster Royal to be short...

If so, I'm gravely disappointed. Vast majority of CC members would never consider playing a freestyle game (me thinks). If I'm right, what should be the the most popular event is actually designed for (less than) 0.1% members...

nope, the one you put is next after this one, https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ent_id=108.

Now the Monster Royale is a supplement from results within the CC anniversary event, a player won’t be automatically selected for the Monster Royale tournament if he/she doesn’t register for it and by having the minimum amount of item needed to register.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Mad777 wrote:nope, the one you put is next after this one, https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... ent_id=108.

Now the Monster Royale is a supplement from results within the CC anniversary event, a player won’t be automatically selected for the Monster Royale tournament if he/she doesn’t register for it and by having the minimum amount of item needed to register.

Ah, that's much better (providing the frequency is sufficient). I'll have some constructive questions later. Now only one statement and one question:

I strongly dislike the fact that we don't have a threshold result (like 6/7 in November challenge, 72 points in September challenge...)
I can open a shitload of games and get nothing, because - to me, a shitload is few dozens; to 50+ rivals, a shitload is several hundred.

A statement
You should give to us a reasonable threshold that guarantees something worth the effort

I randomly picked up a couple of participants, to check whether I understand the counting. I've got a correct result for Mageplunka69, but a wrong one for Kotaro.
According to my counting, Kotaro should have 5+2+1+3+0+0+0 = 11 points. He, however, has only 8.

A question
Where's the catch?
Captain Zemljanin

Next

Return to Monthly Challenges