Conquer Club

POLL - Resign Button Extension

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Extend Resign button to any 2 players games type & settings (incl. speed & poly)

Poll ended at Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:58 am

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes : 229

POLL - Resign Button Extension

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:58 am

Hi fellow members, from many suggestions out there, I have selected few that I think would be very useful to be implement, for this I'm presenting a series of site wide poll to demonstrate the pros & cons to our webmaster and confirm or not the subject suggestion is strongly supported or strongly denied by the members. Feel free to send message to your CC friend about it, also feel free to post any comment about this subject suggestion, either why you would like it or why you don't want it.

I have added a section at the bottom of this OP listing "Pros & Cons" from your upcoming comments.

Any member from this site can vote, once you vote, you won't be able to change it, poll to be up for maximum 30 days.

Now, there is few "No-No" behaviors about those poll threads I will enforce, such as;
  • No trolling
  • No out-of-subject posting
  • Respect others' point of view
  • Any kind of posting nuisance I feel appropriate to call it as is

Sorry for those who feel it is too much, but understand I would prefer to have a clear picture throughout your posting and to report back to webmaster, instead of wasting my time to police the topic with unrelated stuff.

For any violation, and to those who still want to challenge the above, I will give a 24hrs Forum ban, if a same member still persisting then a 72hrs Forum ban to be given, after that it will be up to admin to extend as appropriate the next level of sanction.

Thanks for your understanding and look forward to read from you all, each upcoming Poll to be under the same format, same "ruling", as soon as one end I will post the next one and until I have exhausted the list that was presented to webmaster.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: POLL - Resign Button Extension

Postby DBandit70 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:23 pm

wheres the suggestion so I can read it?
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby riskllama on Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:38 pm

doh!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby shoop76 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Would this include tourney games as well?
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby Donelladan on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:28 pm

What about lifting restrictions ( 10 round is too much for 1vs1 for example )
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:14 pm

shoop76 wrote:Would this include tourney games as well?

Probably not
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 pm

Donelladan wrote:What about lifting restrictions ( 10 round is too much for 1vs1 for example )

thought process was about round 5 to make it available.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby ZaBeast on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:47 pm

What about the requirement to have twice the troops?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:10 pm

canā€™t tell yet, but i would think this to go away, the primarily goal with this poll is to see how CC community sees that resign button being available in all 2 player games, i think speed is one of the biggest that could potentially eliminate the deadbeat and opponent waiting for the 3 rounds to end. Player could then easily resign and move on. But I believe this would also help casual 1v1 to be expedite faster, many players donā€™t have the opportunity to log more than once a day to play their turn, so when you know you canā€™t come back you can just resign and move on to the next game(s).

Those days online players like to play and go and less willing to stick to something that is lost and drag forever. At least that is the way Iā€™m seeing it with the online gaming in general, not only with CC.

Allowing new member to have the opportunity to play faster and resign could also perhaps help retention for those who donā€™t want to have a high game load and also for Freemium. Since now we have the NR ā€œno pointā€ game in place, we canā€™t hide behind the farming and the resign abuse factor, at least not as much as it was before that NR gaming upgrade.

Iā€™m expecting counter expertise from my comment and iā€™m sure it will be valid posting and reasons, but the way Iā€™m seeing this, is more globally a site wide effect to offer faster 2 players gaming that is needed those days.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Pirlo on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Would rather extend this feature to trench team games. During May Challenge, 4v4 trench on WWII Europe games took too long although they had been decided much earlier!
Captain Pirlo

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:58 pm

yeah i see what you mean, philosophy is one step at the time... ;)
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby .SCuD. on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:04 pm

Would definitely prefer resign in team trench games. Donā€™t see a reason not to implement it from round 1. But all people on the team need to hit resign for it to activate.

Other than that, yes lift restrictions on this. Ive found the restrictions to be a bit pointless. Though I donā€™t do many public games, or care about points farming. Whatever floats their boat, ya know?

Only issue with this is that if it is just a case of doing small things at a time.... this is the least useful thing to implement. Not having a resign has very little effect on non-trench poly. Where in something like trench team games you can be sat there for 2-4 weeks playing out clean up.
Best position - >>>> over there >>>>
Current position - here
Brigadier .SCuD.

Postby 2dimes on Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:15 pm

If it can be done why not just have the surrender button for everything, then restrict members if they abuse it?

I don't need one but I think anyone that wants to surrender should be able. It should just make their territories 3 neutrals like they were nuked.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:53 pm

2dimes wrote:If it can be done why not just have the surrender button for everything, then restrict members if they abuse it?

I don't need one but I think anyone that wants to surrender should be able. It should just make their territories 3 neutrals like they were nuked.

No, the logical thing to do is that if you resign, it turns your game over to the AI, like they do in Civilization and every other intelligent game.

Back when there was no AI on CC, that might not have been an option, but we've had bots for years now. It should have been implemented long ago.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:00 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
2dimes wrote:If it can be done why not just have the surrender button for everything, then restrict members if they abuse it?

No, the logical thing to do is that if you resign, it turns your game over to the AI, like they do in Civilization and every other intelligent game.

Back when there was no AI on CC, that might not have been an option, but we've had bots for years now. It should have been implemented long ago.

Bots are fairly well-mannered in flat rate and no spoils game, but it's not uncommon to have them suicide on big stacks in escalating games when the cashes are high enough. I'm 100% against having them sub in for players who would resign. That just opens the door to unintentional game throwing from the bot, in addition to the fact that the bots can't handle complex maps (which is why the map choice for bot games is limited). Moreover, in the unlikely event a bot would win, how would the scoring be handled?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby riskllama on Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 pm

oohhh, good question. the plot thickens...
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:30 am

ZaBeast wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Bots are fairly well-mannered in flat rate and no spoils game, but it's not uncommon to have them suicide on big stacks in escalating games when the cashes are high enough. I'm 100% against having them sub in for players who would resign. That just opens the door to unintentional game throwing from the bot, in addition to the fact that the bots can't handle complex maps (which is why the map choice for bot games is limited). Moreover, in the unlikely event a bot would win, how would the scoring be handled?

No score, I guess.

As for the rest, all you are saying is that the bot will play badly. Yes, exactly like the the player who's gotten sick of a game. He's not going to spend any creative juice on the game either. He'll deadbeat, or he'll suicide, or he'll just drop-and-run. Those are the main three possibilities. Once he's fed up with a particular game, burning the midnight oil to come up with brilliant strategic options is no longer one of his options. By turning it over to a bot, you eliminate the 'deadbeat' from the triad of options. The bot might still suicide, or it might drop-and-run, which are options the player might have chosen also. Or, once in a while, the bot might play well. Better than a player who's given up.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:27 am

ZaBeast wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Yeah there is no reason to use surrender in games outside of 1v1, poly or team imo. That's a great way to cause chaos though and would be fun for trolling :-$
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:54 am

Dukasaur wrote:
ZaBeast wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

No score, I guess.

As for the rest, all you are saying is that the bot will play badly. Yes, exactly like the the player who's gotten sick of a game. He's not going to spend any creative juice on the game either. He'll deadbeat, or he'll suicide, or he'll just drop-and-run. Those are the main three possibilities. Once he's fed up with a particular game, burning the midnight oil to come up with brilliant strategic options is no longer one of his options. By turning it over to a bot, you eliminate the 'deadbeat' from the triad of options. The bot might still suicide, or it might drop-and-run, which are options the player might have chosen also. Or, once in a while, the bot might play well. Better than a player who's given up.

And I'd rather have neutrals that can't do anything other than block the path than have bots who can cause all sort of mayhem if the resign option ever gets extended to non 1v1 games
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Mad777 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:22 pm

the poll is strictly about extending to all 2 players game, there is no option for multi player at this time.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby Keefie on Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:39 pm

I'm a traditionalist, so a big NO from me.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Keefie wrote:I'm a traditionalist, so a big NO from me.

Your friends didn't flip the board when they realized they had lost? hmmm we were playing wrong this whole time... :lol:
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Big Al 2012 on Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:03 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:

Your friends didn't flip the board when they realized they had lost? hmmm we were playing wrong this whole time... :lol:

This made me laugh...brought back so many memories! There should totall be a "FLIP THE WHOLE BOARD" button :lol:
Corporal 1st Class Big Al 2012

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:00 am

Big Al 2012 wrote:
swimmerdude99 wrote:

This made me laugh...brought back so many memories! There should totall be a "FLIP THE WHOLE BOARD" button :lol:

You think Ukraine is weak?
Corporal 2dimes

Next

Return to Announcement Archives