Conquer Club

POLL - Join A Game page

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Update the "Join A Game" page with new tabs (refer Donelladan's suggestion)

Poll ended at Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Yes
95%
No
5%

Total votes : 80

POLL - Join A Game page

Postby Mad777 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Hi fellow members, from many suggestions out there, I have selected few that I think would be very useful to be implement, for this I'm presenting a series of site wide poll to demonstrate the pros & cons to our webmaster and confirm or not the subject suggestion is strongly supported or strongly denied by the members. Feel free to send message to your CC friend about it, also feel free to post any comment about this subject suggestion, either why you would like it or why you don't want it.

I have added a section at the bottom of this OP listing "Pros & Cons" from your upcoming comments.

Any member from this site can vote, once you vote, you won't be able to change it, poll to be up for maximum 30 days.

Now, there is few "No-No" behaviors about those poll threads I will enforce, such as;
  • No trolling
  • No out-of-subject posting
  • Respect others' point of view
  • Any kind of posting nuisance I feel appropriate to call it as is

Sorry for those who feel it is too much, but understand I would prefer to have a clear picture throughout your posting and to report back to webmaster, instead of wasting my time to police the topic with unrelated stuff.

For any violation, and to those who still want to challenge the above, I will give a 24hrs Forum ban, if a same member still persisting then a 72hrs Forum ban to be given, after that it will be up to admin to extend as appropriate the next level of sanction.

Thanks for your understanding and look forward to read from you all, each upcoming Poll to be under the same format, same "ruling", as soon as one end I will post the next one and until I have exhausted the list that was presented to webmaster.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Re: POLL - Join A Game page

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:09 pm

my first reaction was what is the suggested change(s), so I clicked the link; Donella dan, a brighter fella, said in 2015
Change the "Join Games" page

Unread postby Donelladan on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:15 am

Concise description:
Most of the links in the join games page are rather useless. An improvement is necessary.

Specifics/Details:
After clicking on the link "Join Games" in the game menu, there are 5 different tabs :

Public Games
Private Games
Tournament Games
Speed Games
Battle Royale Speed Games

Tournament games is 100% useless. I have never joined a game by clicking on this tab, and I played in many tournaments.
Private games is rather useless, I do not know if someone use this to find games ? Those games are usually joined through invitation or through the call-out forums as far as I know.
Battle Royale Speed Games is useful only a couple of days a year. Just replaced it by a event banner link on the central command when there is this kind of special games ( already the case I think).

Now I think the games take longer to be filled than before. Especially multiplayer games, because when you click on the "Join Games" link, the newest games appear first, and a 8-12 players game will always take a few days to fill, then it is at the end of the list before it is filled.
This is even worse for multiplayer games on not so popular maps or with quite special settings.
I also know that the change from oldest games first to newest games appearing first has been made because there was hundreds of "farming games" always at the beginning otherwise. But we still need to change something.

I would propose that when clicking on the "join games" the tabs would be :
1vs1 games
Team games
Multiplayer games ( could be divided into two sections, 3-6 players games and 7-12 players games).
Polymorphic games
Speed games.

And the games within each tabs should be ordered by remaining empty spots. Of course it would be useless for 1vs1 games and Polymorphic games. But it would be helpful for multiplayers games, that way the games with only 1 empty spot appear first, games start faster.
We could also order games by "filled spots" rather than empty one, so that 12 players games aren't always at the bottom of the lists.
That is why I would also divide the tabs "multiplayer games" in 2 category.

Also I would like that when clicking on the "join games", no games appears. Right now when someone click on join games, public games appears first. I would like that when clicking on "join games", one would also have to chose a category afterwards before games appears.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:

Games, especially multiplayers games, would fill faster than now.

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 pm

slightly off topic but it would be nice if game finder grouped identical waiting games rather than showing 10 copies of the same game by someone who only plays 1 game
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby DBandit70 on Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:58 pm

I would propose that when clicking on the "join games" the tabs would be :
1vs1 games
Team games
Multiplayer games ( could be divided into two sections, 3-6 players games and 7-12 players games).
Polymorphic games
Speed games.

Maybe have a tab for All of the 24 hour games to
Lieutenant DBandit70

Postby Mad777 on Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Poll ended, thanks to all for casting your vote...
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Return to Announcement Archives