Conquer Club

Monthly Challenge FAQs

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Monthly Challenge FAQs

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:31 am

FAQs:

Who can play a Challenge?
Challenges are open to everyone!

How do I join?
No signups required. Join and/or create games that meet the given parameters for this month as found in the OP. Only public games count towards the challenge unless otherwise explicitly stated in the challenge OP. There is also a "join games" link in the OP to provide an easy list of qualifying games.

What are the prizes?
All players who meet or exceed the minimum number of required points for the month will earn a Challenge Achievement Medal. The point requirements change every month as we aim to provide a vast assortment of challenges which includes a varying level of difficulty.

Site Event Medals are awarded to the top three finishers on the challenge scoreboard.
1st: Image
2nd: Image
3rd: Image

In addition to the medals, the first place finisher receives: 1 Green Conquer Star
And the 2nd-5th place finishers receive: 1 Blue Conquer Star

When do I get my prize?
In most cases prizes are awarded during the week following the completion of the event.

How do we deal with deadbeating?
Please report deadbeats in your games by sending a PM to groovysmurf and chanakam2020. We will evaluate the distribution of prizes to a violating player on a case by case basis.

Tiebreakers?
Ties are awarded to the player who reached the point threshold first, unless indicated otherwise.

A player has me foed and it is preventing me from joining a lot of challenge games. What can I do?
PM the player in question. Be courteous and non-accusatory, ask why you are foed. Do your best to resolve any issues with the other user in this manner. However, if they decided not to remove you from their foe list then you will need to join games without that player or start your own.

What if I want to run a parallel tournament to the challenge?
Okay, awesome! Individual tournaments can be added to the challenges so that those games drop tokens. Send us a PM and we will get it added for the month. Remember that games that do not complete by the allotted time, will not drop tokens!

Suggestions and Requests
Go here and post if you have any ideas or special requests for future events.

Rulings:
1. Deadbeats will have entry points stripped.
2. NO inviting opponents! (this includes rematch invites) More details can be viewed here.
3. Wins by round limit will drop tokens.
4. Inventory relating to the challenge will vanish at the end of the year.
5. Bot games do not drop tokens.
6. Any unforeseen abuse is still abuse. Don't take advantage of the system.

If you have any further questions or issues not covered here please either post in the active challenge thread or PM Dukasaur.

Last Updated: February 2024
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Monthly Challenge FAQs

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:37 pm

NEW RULE!!!
STARTING WITH AUGUST 2022 CHALLENGE!

NO inviting players to the opposing side in Monthly Challenge games!

We have had way too many instances of people sending multiple invites to low rankers with little map experience on the map being played. These challenges are supposed to be FUN, first and foremost. The games are supposed to all be Publicly joinable games! If you want to play with your friend, simply inform them you have a game up and they can join.

Both groovysmurf and Chanakam2020 will be monitoring, but we can't catch them all! If anyone sees a game with someone invited, please report to us ASAP. Screenshots are always helpful.

Since this is a new rule, we are offering warnings for the first two infractions.

Third infraction bans you from the current monthly challenge.

If it happens again in the next two months, you will be banned for six consecutive monthly challenges!

If any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

*Addendum added 9/12/22
Sending rematch invites is also against the rules!
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:33 pm

I like this new rule.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:50 am

While I understand it, I’d question the feasibility / enforceability of the rule in the light of bad actors / trouble makers.

There’s zero way to prove who invited someone to the game. So Mr Trouble Maker who is a few points behind could theoretically start inviting players to opponents games hoping they’ll be caught as invites / someone else notices.

Player A who started the games and DIDNT invite anyone can get blamed for something completely out of their control / didn’t do.

Do I see it as an issue? A small one, but it’s certainly within the realm of feasibility / consideration. If a player denies sending invites (and didn’t actually do it) there’s zero way for them to prove they didn’t do it either.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby shoop76 on Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:56 pm

IcePack wrote:While I understand it, I’d question the feasibility / enforceability of the rule in the light of bad actors / trouble makers.

There’s zero way to prove who invited someone to the game. So Mr Trouble Maker who is a few points behind could theoretically start inviting players to opponents games hoping they’ll be caught as invites / someone else notices.

Player A who started the games and DIDNT invite anyone can get blamed for something completely out of their control / didn’t do.

Do I see it as an issue? A small one, but it’s certainly within the realm of feasibility / consideration. If a player denies sending invites (and didn’t actually do it) there’s zero way for them to prove they didn’t do it either.

Don't think you can invite players if you are not in the game. Take it this is mostly for 1v1 games.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby IcePack on Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:08 pm

shoop76 wrote:
IcePack wrote:While I understand it, I’d question the feasibility / enforceability of the rule in the light of bad actors / trouble makers.

Don't think you can invite players if you are not in the game. Take it this is mostly for 1v1 games.

I’m almost certain you can invite people even if you aren’t in the game (tournament and clan organizers do it all the time) but maybe there’s a restriction outside of that but I don’t believe that’s the case. It would impact 1vs1 & poly types, maybe others idk. Didn’t think thru all the potential use cases only that it could be abused & not traced / trackable.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby groovysmurf on Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:36 pm

You can't invite opponents to public games if you are not in the game. This rule applies to only public games as that is implicit for challenge games; and does not apply to multiplayer games. If any invites are seen on daily checks or are reported to us, we'll look into it on a case by case basis. In fact, one such case was just brought to my attention...a game filled properly and was played out and the players agreed on a rematch, which sends an invite. We don't feel this should be a part of the rule, so no warnings are being issued.

Of course this rule can be abused, pretty much anything can, but this isn't just something we decided on a whim. There have been multiple issues with people inviting low rankers or people with little or no experience on the map being played. The whole point of "public" games is that they are open to be joined. Inviting someone, even without using a password, changes things.

We are well aware that adding this rule can make things more difficult for us, but we feel that extra time/work is completely warranted. No rules can ever be perfect, but that's no reason to become complacent.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby lokisgal on Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:28 pm

so if another player that I play with and I want to say do a best of 5 games for a monthly we cant invite each other? We have to be online at the same time and coordinate joining is that correct?
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:48 pm

lokisgal wrote:so if another player that I play with and I want to say do a best of 5 games for a monthly we cant invite each other? We have to be online at the same time and coordinate joining is that correct?

Yes, which I know is a pain, but we're just trying to make these challenge as fair as possible. I hope you understand.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby lokisgal on Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:52 pm

groovysmurf wrote:
lokisgal wrote:so if another player that I play with and I want to say do a best of 5 games for a monthly we cant invite each other? We have to be online at the same time and coordinate joining is that correct?

Yes, which I know is a pain, but we're just trying to make these challenge as fair as possible. I hope you understand.

can we invite team mates? I think you sad yes above. And all good just double checking to make sure :D
Major lokisgal
SoC Training Adviser

Postby groovysmurf on Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:55 pm

lokisgal wrote:
can we invite team mates? I think you sad yes above. And all good just double checking to make sure :D

Yes, you can still invite teammates. :-)
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby groovysmurf on Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:00 pm

Rule Addendum added 9/12/22
Sending rematch invites is also against the rules!
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Ukey on Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:15 am

All open slots for the January challenge are reserved. Does that mean those are legitimate invites?
Colonel Ukey

Postby groovysmurf on Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Ukey wrote:All open slots for the January challenge are reserved. Does that mean those are legitimate invites?

If they are for the companion tournaments, yes they are. Those games will NOT be pulled up when you use our links in the OP, only if you use BW's links. That's why I always recommend using ours from the OP. If they are tournament games, there will also always be a label. "Jan 2023 MC Companion Tourney: Bronze" or "Jan 2023 MC Companion Tourney: Gold" for this month.
Colonel groovysmurf
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby ACE11 on Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:33 pm

How do I join MC Companion Tourneys ?
Sergeant 1st Class ACE11

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:14 pm

ACE11 wrote:How do I join MC Companion Tourneys ?

Go to the Create or Join a Tournament forum. The Companion tourneys are usually listed there along with other community tourneys.

Usually a few days before the end of the month.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby ACE11 on Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:32 pm

gracias
Sergeant 1st Class ACE11

Postby ACE11 on Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:09 am

Hopefully Monthly Challenges will be returning in August?
Sergeant 1st Class ACE11

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Yes.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby thumbsdownmedal on Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:48 pm

I'm hoping to have monthly challenges soon. :roll:
New Recruit thumbsdownmedal

Postby Awoodness on Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:48 pm

Any word on a September challenge?
Major Awoodness

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:52 pm

Soon.

Any time I sit down to write, there's an emergency at work and I get called in unexpectedly.

But hoping to finish it tonight and send to BW by tomorrow morning, so if there's no more problems should launch Wednesday morning.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:31 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Soon.

Any time I sit down to write, there's an emergency at work and I get called in unexpectedly.

But hoping to finish it tonight and send to BW by tomorrow morning, so if there's no more problems should launch Wednesday morning.

Even better! I finished writing it earlier this evening, BW was still around, so he was able to set it to launch Tuesday morning!

Tuesday, Sept. 5th, at 0900 CC time.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Monthly Challenges