Conquer Club

Middle East Version 2.0 [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Marvaddin on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:16 pm

"Something that looks like it was designed in Microsoft Paint may not make the cut."

"Why isn't there a fleet of American Aircraft carriers in each of the surrounding seas?"

Agreed, Pedronicus. To me, this map has a whole Microsoft Paint face. How about some art? The background is extremely simple, in start / join games menu you see the complete lack of colours. It can be a good map (I dont played it yet), but some arte would be very welcome.

Well, how about some opinions to my Brazil map too?

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557
Major Marvaddin

Postby max is gr8 on Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:50 pm

One minor problem you can't attack from uzbeckstan to turkmienser and vice versa
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

Postby KoolBak on Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:16 pm

I second the issue of Izmir to Istanbul....keeping me from getting the army bonus.......Any answers? Please??
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby KoolBak on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Another issue is I had to fortify country by country...you cannot skip over the middle ones....?
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby thegrimsleeper on Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:53 pm

Koolbak, it sounds like you're getting a little too used to unlimited fortification?

This map is REALLY buggy. I mean, I've found like 5 so far. Your xml file needs some serious revisions.

As far as the actual graphic design of the map, I think it works, for the most part. It reminds me a bit of parchment, like an old treasure map or scripture or the like. Don't listen to marvaddin. He's just mad because his map suffers from the opposite problem: Too much color. Besides, he openly admits to having designed his map in Microsoft Paint, so he really should keep his mouth shut.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Spiegelprime on Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:46 pm

I've heard about a few bugs, Uzebekistan to Turkmenistan, Khuzestan fortification issues, Izmir to Istanbul. I'll check the xml right now and see what I can fix, I'm sorry about all that, staring at that much text for a while makes your eyes bug out a bit....
Private 1st Class Spiegelprime

Postby thegrimsleeper on Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:04 pm

I can relate. xml is a pain, especially if you used the little transluscent circles and you have to get the numbers to line up inside perfectly... shifting the x and y for 4 hours... :(

FYI, you can't fortify from Azerbaijan to Caucasia.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:37 pm

Don't listen to marvaddin. He's just mad because his map suffers from the opposite problem: Too much color. Besides, he openly admits to having designed his map in Microsoft Paint, so he really should keep his mouth shut.

1st: If this is a forum, I can give my opinion. I did it, and there are people that agree with me. You dont need agree, but you need respect me and my opinion.

2nd: You should give your opinion about my map in the right forum.

3rd: Im always open to the critics; I reduced my map colours after your comment. So, if you think there are more problems about my map, go ahead and talk (in the right place). I want all players opinion (even yours :twisted: ), so I can design a better map.

4th: There are no problems about using Paint. If you never used it, shut up yourself.

5th: I personelly think this map is much more "Paint-faced" than mine, but I never aimed to ofend the creator of the map or his great job. He did great, I only think it could be better (I love the planes and ships in the Classic map!!).
Major Marvaddin

Postby Spiegelprime on Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:14 pm

I could get the whole thing put into Arabic instead..... :wink: But thanks for the input, I'm done changing it too much if I can help it. I've spent far too much time on that instead of my term papers...argh.
Private 1st Class Spiegelprime

Postby fishfleas on Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:02 pm

I personally think the map just looks washed out and I dont' like playing on it because of that.... I feel like it is about to disappear.....
Private fishfleas

Re: Middle East Version 2.0

Postby hay_txa on Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:32 am

some errors related to the map. the part that is called Caucasia should be Azerbaijan and the territory which now is Azerbaijan - Southern Azerbaijan. If you want you can add 1 more bonus territory - Caucasia. But Caucasia itself is big it includes autonom republics Chechnya, Dagestan, N.Ossetiya, Ichkeriya, Kabardino-Balkaria, Ingushetia, Karachay Cherkessiya, and Adygea in Russia, S. Ossetiya, Adjaria, and Abkhazia in Georgia, Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh(Artsakh) in Azerbaijan, and Armenia. Although, for the Middle East map would be enough to include the major ones like Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Chechnya, Dagestan and maybe few more.
Corporal 1st Class hay_txa

Postby Charbroil on Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:27 pm

For some reason, when you break Turkey, the other player still gets the bonus...weird.
Private Charbroil

Postby Marvaddin on Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:00 pm

In the xml probably the country you took is listed as part of another continent. Its in the beggining of the file. Can someone correct it?
Major Marvaddin

Re: Middle East Version 2.0 [Done]

Postby abughaly on Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:40 pm

good idea
New Recruit abughaly

Re: Middle East Version 2.0 [Done]

Postby gimil on Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:51 pm

Needless bump of a very old thread. If anyone feels the need to talk about the middle east map its REVAMP thread can be found here:

Middle East REVAMP

gimil
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Previous

Return to The Atlas