Conquer Club

Game Variations Based on Castle Risk [Edited OP: chap]

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Game Variations Based on Castle Risk [Edited OP: chap]

Postby yevgenthegreat on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:57 pm

Most of the comments in this thread are just fluff. In general, most people supported the options described below. The most appropriate thing, might to be to implement this suggestion with two different updates.

Concise description:
  • Implement various gameplay options so that it would be possible to play Castle Risk.

Specifics/Details:
  • Deploy troops at the end of your turn instead of the beginning.
  • Draw cards that effect attacks. Gaining these cards is compulsory and not contingent on successful attacks. They are not the same as spoils.
    • General Card: Adds one to your highest attack die.
    • Marshall: Adds one to your highest defense die.
    • Admiral: Allows a distance attack, must be used with an Auto Attack only.
    • Spy: Allows you to eliminate an opponent's card.
    • Diplomat: Creates a mandatory truce between two players for one turn.
    • Reinforcement: These cards are traded in for troops in an escalating spoils fashion. Only one card is needed for a trade in. At some point (12-15), the troops gained by trading one of these cards go back to 3 again.
  • The addition of a map that allows for escalating bonuses gained from holding specific territories (Castles). This portion is probably best implemented with new map creation and is really already happening in multiple maps.
  • See this post for the most information in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=471&t=15761#p306105

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Allow more gameplay variations, including one (deployment at the end of the turn) that will greatly change a lot of games and strategies.
Last edited by chapcrap on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Summarizing multiple threads.
Corporal 1st Class yevgenthegreat

Postby PaperPlunger on Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:04 pm

well, maybe if you told us what it was....
Private PaperPlunger

Postby craig84 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:21 am

well b/c i decided to i googled it and found this link, it seems like a cool concept but idk if that could be done theres a lotta things you would have to do to have it work online. http://www.de-leau.com/startpagina/risk/risk/1986castle/
Lieutenant craig84

Postby yevgenthegreat on Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:45 am

thats a very good link it explains the game nicely
Corporal 1st Class yevgenthegreat

Castle RISK

Postby wbar on Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 am

Anyone ever played castle RISK? I have it, So I'd Be glad to explain sometime. But I think that you should make a game were you can play castle risk.
Siggy Loading, Please wait...
Cook wbar

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Other game types have been suggested. Check the 'Suggestions Box' before posting.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby wbar on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:02 pm

I have also played castle risk (I own it)! I think it is fun, but not as much strategy involved. I think it is fun because you can be attacked from anywhere any time, and you must be very strong, yet you must at the same time attack them. There are cards that allow you to sail armies across the sea where normally you couldn't, cards that let you look at the other person's cards, cards that increase your dice value, cards to give you reinforcements. I think it is a lot of fun, but not as much of a chalenge as normal RISK.
Cook wbar

Postby wbar on Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:12 pm

Here is a slightly more usefull link:
http://www.gamingcorner.nl/rules/boardgames/castle%20risk_uk.pdf#search='Castle%20RISK%20rules'
This is a copy of the Castle RISK rule book. Unfortunately, it requires adobe acrobat reader or a similar program to view. I would really love to see this feature added to the site, and I was thinking it might be easier to make a WHOLE NOTHER game maker and finder and playing system just fr castle risk. So the side bar on the home page would look some thing like the image I post in the following post.
Cook wbar

Castle risk?

Postby Molacole on Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:37 am

What do you guys think? I've never played it and would love to give it a go...

Don't know what Castle RISK is? here's a link to find out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Risk#Map
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:44 am

Well, I think it looks interesting, but it has already been suggested twice and rejected. Although I didnt see it on lacks to-do list. (Your slacking Andy) :D

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... ght=castle

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... ght=castle

Edit: well i guess it is already on the list under "Different game types"
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby Fireside Poet on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:55 am

I have played Castle Risk for years and the main downfall is that if no one does any attacks and just builds, the game becomes stagnant and can last forever. :(

My .02
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby Molacole on Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:55 am

ahhh it's been rejected!

I'm sure Lack, with the help of the CC community, could revamp the rules to make it more interesting and prevent stale games...
Lieutenant Molacole

New Game Type: Castle Risk Style

Postby erniefu on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:12 pm

While I have enjoyed my time at Conquer Club, I just feel that playing Risk all the time can get a little bit boring. I was just playing castle risk the other night (with Marshals, Generals, Diplomats, Admirals etc) and I thought of an idea. When we get a territory card, and you own that territory, this could give you an advantage when attacking neighboring countries. For example, if you own Brazil and you have the Brazil card, and you attack Argentina, you would automatically get +1 on the highest die roll (General). If Argentina attacks Brazil, you would get +1 on the highest die (Marshal).

This would be a 1 priority because it is a new playing tactic, but I feel that it should be explored as it can be an element of surprise to their opponents.
Corporal erniefu

Postby max is gr8 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:38 am

erm I think first we'ld need to see the enemy cards because I think It's better to assess our odds before attacking whether it is worth the attack or not
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
Corporal max is gr8

***Suggestion*** Capital/ Castle Variation

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:23 pm

Subject Castle/Capital variation

For anyone who has ever played castle risk the rules and play are as follows

too add a dynamically new way of game play to the site and experiment with all the possible boards

well the dice portion as far as attacking and defending is just like regular risk, you get bonuses for holding different empires and also a fixed amount based upon the number of your territories divided by 3(never ess the 3) but instead of getting armies at the beginning of your turn you collect your spoils at the end of your turn and you need only conquer your opponents castle to win. Once you Conquer there castle you double the amount of armies you collect at the end of each turn for territories owned(e.g. 4 for 12 wih 1 castle 8 for 12 with 2 castles 12 for 12 with 3 castles)

the cards is another major difference everbody get 3 at the beginning of the game and at the beginning of there turn always must bring there hand up till they have 4 cards(if they already have 4 they just get 1 card)
the cards are not of terrirtories but fall into multiple types

General- adds 1 to your highest attack die- you keep the general untill he loses in battle and he can only be used on a attack you can use only 1 general at a time

Marshall- adds 1 to your highest defense die- you keep the marshall untill he loses in battle and can only be used on defense only you can use only 1 marshall at a time

Admiral-allows 1 trip for any soldiers from 1 territory to attack any territory connect to that same body of water all soldiers are committed to the battle and you must once commited attack untill you win the territory or lose all the troops sent after that trip the admiral is discarded can only be used when attacking

Spy- allows the elimination of 1 of your opponents cards that are not in play the spy and the opponents card are then discarded can be used only at beginning of turn a spy can also stop another spy played against you rather then letting opponent choose a card to eliminate

Diplomat- Protects player for 1 turn against whomever it is placed on also prevents you from attacking that person for that same turn can be used only at beginning of turn

Reinforcement- always escalating only requires 1 card to play there are 12 with the last played being worth 14 troops which is the maximum amount of troops earned from playbefore it starts over again at 3, can play as many as you have at once but can be used only at beginning of turn

The original board is very similar to the europe board and a player receives four troops per turn for each empire the player controls the strategy is a lot different in some waysbut the basic strategy's remain the same you get a card at the end of each turn not matter what is one difference you still take your opponents cards when they are defeated and there are to variations for what happens to the armies left of a defeated castle 1 variation you gain control over those armies and in another they become neutral.

There is no fortification round due to the you gain your troops once you end your turn instead of at beginning so your placement is more thought out about the next round.

With the focus being on defending your castle and only collecting at the end of your turn people are are less likely to be to spread out as far as fron with there castle in mosts cases being heavily fortified and another large attack force gain groundalso in a six player game every Castle makes you collect more

I believe everyone would enjoy this variation

Priority** (3)
Last edited by Soloman on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:26 pm

You might want to say something there other than the template…
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:31 pm

hecter wrote:You might want to say something there other than the template…
lol is that better
You Have 2 choices,You can either Agree With Me or Be Wrong!!! http://www.myspace.com/solomanthewise http://360.yahoo.com/bolar35
Sergeant Soloman

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Yes, much better. But I really think you have almost three suggestions there.

1. You get the armies at the end and there is no fortification

2. The whole capital/castle capture thing.

3. The cards.

I do however believe that they are all good suggestions. I think that they should, however, be implemented (if ever) as three different suggestions, and that if you wanted to play this type of game, you just check off all the right boxes.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:56 pm

hecter wrote:Yes, much better. But I really think you have almost three suggestions there.

1. You get the armies at the end and there is no fortification

2. The whole capital/castle capture thing.

3. The cards.

I do however believe that they are all good suggestions. I think that they should, however, be implemented (if ever) as three different suggestions, and that if you wanted to play this type of game, you just check off all the right boxes.

lol actually the point is it is a different risk game that actually exist what I suggested, the rules basis and they all together make it what it is to remove or implement seperartely would dilute the game play it is designed to all work together to form the seperate game play
Sergeant Soloman

Postby RobinJ on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:00 pm

I saw this in general discussion and it sounds even better now. :D
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby hecter on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:02 pm

I realize that was how it was designed but I still think it would be better as 3 different suggestions.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:04 pm

RobinJ wrote:I saw this in general discussion and it sounds even better now. :D
why thank you I hope to gather some support for it
Sergeant Soloman

Postby Soloman on Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:38 pm

Soloman wrote:
I mean this and the capture the flag Idea have some similar aspects implemented right they could be done together and as others have stated possibly done as seperate options
Sergeant Soloman

Postby CreepyUncleAndy on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:18 pm

Soloman wrote:
Soloman wrote:
I mean this and the capture the flag Idea have some similar aspects implemented right they could be done together and as others have stated possibly done as seperate options

Yes....your General would be your Flag....would be you!
Last edited by CreepyUncleAndy on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Private CreepyUncleAndy

Postby Ehriggn on Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:56 pm

starting to get me excited about one day seeing a variation of it here on CC.
Lieutenant Ehriggn

Next

Return to Suggestions