Conquer Club

Random Turn Order (Variable)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:16 pm

Pious wrote:Isn't that just like a non-RT freestyle?

i dno
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Re: Random Order

Postby john1099 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:19 pm

ParadiceCity9 wrote:I know this will probably be a really bad idea...but you never know.
I got the idea that there should be a gametype where the order is not sequential, not freestyle, but RANDOM. The only thing is that everyone can only play one turn during the round.

Already been suggested http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21719&highlight=random+order

No answer yet, but that was a while ago.

btw, you want to play a few games?
If so, PM me :)
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:50 pm

This sounds a lot like no simultaneous turns during freestyle, which is on the to do list.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby wicked on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 pm

People don't like random dice, what makes you think they would like random order? I don't think this will fly.
Major wicked

Postby Keredrex on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:04 pm

Pious wrote:Isn't that just like a non-RT freestyle?

No, Freestyle means every one can go in the same round once.... when the last player goes it starts a new round and he must wait till one other has played.... this suggestion is for a computer chosen random play order per round....Good idea
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby hecter on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:22 pm

wicked wrote:People don't like random dice, what makes you think they would like random order? I don't think this will fly.

Well, in this system people won't be able to say something like "OMGZ!! HE WENT 8 TIMES IN A ROW!!!11!" unlike people being able to say with the dice "OMGZ!!! HE ROLLED 8 6'S IN A ROW!!!!111".
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Postby AAFitz on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 pm

wicked wrote:People don't like random dice, what makes you think they would like random order? I don't think this will fly.

actually, it really would be a fun way to play, but skill wouldnt account for wins quite as much, and there really would need to be a seperate forum to complain about the order such as

someone hacked and went first 4 times in a row

I went last 6 times in a row...theres a 1 in 19834u09875-9q2857-24985-98-98-987487432508743508974
32058720987 0438758780 875427048508437087342059 87430587230489570432987508347 chances of that happening, im Al einstein's great great nephew, a math teacher, and a scientist for nasa who works with steve hawkings every day, and im telling you it just cant happen....never ever....so someone must be cheating...im leaving...this site stinks...wahhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhh, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

etc.

etc...

etc.....

I agree...id love to try it...but couldnt bear to see the complaints
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby Pious on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:52 am

By the way, if it's random, what if someone ends and then gets to start the round, thus with a huge advantage? Or at least has two moves before someone could counter-attack?

How would random duels, doubles, and triples work?
Lieutenant Pious

Postby Rocketry on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:46 am

sounds good to me - i would give it a go. it wouldn't change much about game play, just add another layer of luck (requiring another layer of skill to beat.) so i voted "yay"

Rocketry
Lieutenant Rocketry

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:12 pm

Pious wrote:By the way, if it's random, what if someone ends and then gets to start the round, thus with a huge advantage? Or at least has two moves before someone could counter-attack?

1 vs 1 wouldnt work for this...doubles and triples just pick a random teammate to start the turn for their team

And the thing you said about ending a turn then starting one...thats part of the luck factor involved..

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:14 am

so what is my idea dubbed...to-do, pending, or rejected?

Postby Pious on Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:26 am

ParadiceCity9 wrote:
Pious wrote:By the way, if it's random, what if someone ends and then gets to start the round, thus with a huge advantage? Or at least has two moves before someone could counter-attack?

1 vs 1 wouldnt work for this...doubles and triples just pick a random teammate to start the turn for their team

And the thing you said about ending a turn then starting one...thats part of the luck factor involved..

So you'd get an error if you made it with 2 players, just like you can't make a 5 player doubles?

Does this mean that teams would essentially function as sequential, but start at a different person each round?
Lieutenant Pious

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:40 pm

Pious wrote:
ParadiceCity9 wrote:

So you'd get an error if you made it with 2 players, just like you can't make a 5 player doubles?

Does this mean that teams would essentially function as sequential, but start at a different person each round?

yes...it would always be sequential. And its not an error its just how it works.

Postby Keredrex on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:11 pm

that won't happen... this idea is like freestyle but NOT everyone gets to go at the same time... once the random selection cycles through all players it starts again (game starts - Player 4, then 2, then 3 then 6 then 1 then 5.... player 3 , 4, 6, 1, 5, 2,....1, 4, 2, 3, 6, 5,... etc.)
as for doubles, etc,.... Player 2 on team1 goes then player 1 on team 2 then player 2 on team 2 then player 1 on team 1 then player 1 on team 2 then player 1 on team 1 then player 2 .... etc etc etc....

I think 4 is the lowest you could have 3 players would be weird but 6 players would be spectacular especially triples or three double teams... it could create situations where at a certain round a team may go back to back but not on other rounds
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Random play order (in addition to Sequential and Freestyle)

Postby flatrick on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 am

I have gone through the official suggestion box and some of the topics in this section of the forum and have not found a suggestion such as this one. So, I beg pardon in advance in case this proposition has already been made.

I am suggesting to add a "Random" play order (in addition to the existing "Sequential" and "Freestyle" ones).

This option would randomize the play order each round, including the very first round.

In my opinion, this option would contain the advantages of both Sequential and Freestyle play orders, without having their flaws.

In regards to the Sequential play order, this option would benefit of its turn-based system, which is more adapted to Conquer Club (in my opinion, at least) and much less stressful in Speed Mode.
    In regards to the Freestyle order, this option would benefit of its more equitable system since the play order would be aleatory.
Cadet flatrick

Re: Random play order (in addition to Sequential and Freestyle)

Postby blakebowling on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 am

I like this suggestion, it should be made so that one person isn't able to take two turns in a row. Having said that, I cant wait to see this and Freestyle with no Simultanious play to be done (assuming they are approved).
Private blakebowling

Suggestion: Random Play Order

Postby trekwest on Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

Concise description:

Right now, we have 'Sequential' and 'Freestyle'. Propose 'Random' as another choice.

Specifics:

After a round is complete, play order is determined randomly.

Example: Round starts. Next turn is determined randomly. Player goes. The next turn is selected randomly
among the remaining players. And so on until the round is complete. Process repeats.

Add the caveat that going twice in a row impossible. This would prevent a player from possibly gaining
several turns in a row in 2 player games.

This will improve the following aspects of the site:

More variety and adds a twist to game. Sequential is obviously very predictable, Freestyle can benefit
those players who hover around their games. This adds an option somewhere in the middle.
Major trekwest

Re: Suggestion: Random Play Order

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Well, if CC uses Random.org for this, i know a ton of people will say it's not random, since so many say that towards the dice
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:05 pm

its a good idea, would be a fun new twist.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby I_am_DOOZY on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Being stuck in a game where everything has almost become predictable, in large part because of the turn order staying the same, I really like this idea.
Lieutenant I_am_DOOZY

Postby jefjef on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:13 pm

ONLY if in team games the turn is still randomed one team to the other. But this still can be a CC random screwing like the dice and the drop.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby trekwest on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Good point on the team games. Was thinking as a primarily singles player who plays standard-kinda games, I haven't fully thought out the impact on all the other game varieties. But if it could be put into place for team games, all the better.

One other advantage I just thought of. It would have a Freestyle feel to it, yet it would prevent simulaneous play (which I deplore in Freestyle).
Major trekwest

Postby squishyg on Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:51 pm

i like this idea. i don't care for freestyle, and this could be a fun variant on sequential play. in team games, it would be really interesting to not know which team member will go next (obviously, it would have to be coded so that it still switches between teams every turn).
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:04 pm

i like this idea as well. i also 100% agree with jefjef regarding the team aspect
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby BrutalBob on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:30 am

Of course we all know it wont really be "random" but it would provide another mechanism for this site to screw me over.

Getting two turns in a row could really reduce the value of ability and strategy even further

I like it.
Lieutenant BrutalBob

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions