Conquer Club

[Official] Montreal REVAMP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Drunk_Idiot on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:27 pm

The new map looks great...more detailed easier to look at and read...very nice job
Cook Drunk_Idiot

Postby hulmey on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:17 am

congrats on this map being quenched...I have a good record on the old one, so i hope it continues on this one now :)
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby cairnswk on Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:29 am

Congrats WM...soon we might both be here with RAIL USA. :lol: :D
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

montreal map needs amending

Postby stopher72 on Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:24 am

could be one of the funest. if Lavaal (lavender) country wasn't pigeon-holed behind (orange), all three points of crossing go into/from orange only. Why not have one going into green and the third into red? wouldn't this open up a now useless country otherwise? it even appears as though the layout was meant for this but somehow everything got turned through the same countries. When all but sky blue have multiple country passes, why then does one of the largest have three passes into one country? if anyone can explain why it is best left as it is, i'm open to hear it. but anyone who's played it should voice their opinion and maybe montreal will become a great map.
Private 1st Class stopher72

Postby Reed Jones on Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:24 am

Your post was hard to understand but I finally figured it out. The Montreal map is fine as it is and just had a Revamp. During Revamp process the map maker Rocksolid did not want it changed at all execpt for a graphic overhaul. If you want to make your own Montreal map go ahead but we already have one and it not going to change.
Sergeant 1st Class Reed Jones

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:14 pm

Reed Jones wrote:Your post was hard to understand but I finally figured it out. The Montreal map is fine as it is and just had a Revamp. During Revamp process the map maker Rocksolid did not want it changed at all execpt for a graphic overhaul. If you want to make your own Montreal map go ahead but we already have one and it not going to change.
You are completely correct. I had to follow the original layout. Only graphics (and several 4-way border issues) were updated.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Map change suggestion Montreal map

Postby cdnfireman on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:28 pm

Not sure is if this is where I do this but I'm playing my first game with the Montreal map and found something which dosen't seem right, game #968403. I am starting to take over the territory called Ville-Marie, but all three borders are with the same territory called Transalpinia, two of which go to Cartierville, the third to another city in the same territory. If I'm not mistaken from playing the many versions here, instead of the two going to Carteirville, shouldn't instead one go from Ste-Dorothee to either Dollard-Des-Oremeaux or Pierreponds which is a differant bordering territory. Just curious what the vetran players think if they look at it. The map was created by Rocksolid, I love it, but maybe a bug I found in the design.

Ed.
Corporal 1st Class cdnfireman

Postby oaktown on Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:38 pm

the attack routes match the map, so there's no bug. If you think this should be changed, check out the montreal revamp thread and make a suggestion.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 84&start=0
Captain oaktown

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:23 am

oaktown wrote:the attack routes match the map, so there's no bug. If you think this should be changed, check out the montreal revamp thread and make a suggestion.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 84&start=0
Actually Oaktown, this thread is the official revamp thread for Montreal. And the attack routes are the same as the original just three areas we edited to eliminate 4 way borders. See first post or this quote from first post

WidowMakers wrote:I have been working with RockSolid for over a week. Here are my initial drafts of the large and small.

RockSolid has specific requirements:
*keeping the colors the same for both the lakes water and the territories.
*No army circles
*He wants the feel of the map to be the same just touched up and updated.
*He was very specific about maintaining the borders of teh territories to be as close as possible to the actual municipalities.

Changes:
The original Montreal map had several 4 way corners
1) Beaconsfield/Kirkland/Baie d'Urfe/Ste-Anne,
2) Plateau/Hochelaga/Rosemont/Downtown, and
3) Anjou/St-Leonard/Riviere-des-Prairies/Mtl-Nord

Those have been eliminated and now are:
1)Kirkland now borders Baie d'Urfe (minimum impact on movement. This was the prefered border fo RockSolid)
2)Plateau now borders Hochelaga (this does not impact gameplay becasue Platue only borders Rosemont and Downtown. If Downtown were to border Rosemont, the movement throught Ville-Marie would be affected.
3)St-Leonard now borders Riviere-des-Prairies (This arrangement keeps the number of border territories the same. Connecting Anjou and Mtl-Nord would have increased the borders of Bout de I'lle by 1.)

I talked about the 4 way corners and adjusted them, as posted above, to RockSolid's liking.

XML is unchanged except for the edited 4-ways and coordinates of the new numbers.
Major WidowMakers

Previous

Return to The Atlas