Conquer Club

Extreme Global Warming [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby dominationnation on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:42 pm

Great game play!
Cook dominationnation

Postby Gilligan on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:45 pm

I found that this map has great 2 player games.
Captain Gilligan

Postby dominationnation on Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:53 pm

Gilligan wrote:I found that this map has great 2 player games.

yeah. One player could conquer australlia easily and th other can get SA. Both can `then build up thier armies and expand
Cook dominationnation

Re: Extreme Global Warming [Quenched]

Postby This Is Sparta on Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 am

Agreed. This is indeed a very interesting and playable map that I have had many great games on!

However I'd like to point out one problem about the map. ( http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60941 )

Countless times I have witnessed a bout of confusion on the map http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/Extreme ... ming.L.jpg concerning the bonus on "Australia". There's actually no bonus for holding the two parts of Australia, as some find out to their dismay even though New Zealand is the same colour, albeit a small pair of islands. You actually need to hold New Zealand as well as Australia's two parts to obtain the 2 bonus armies.

To avoid further confusion, I suggest re-naming the bonus "Oceania", in order to stop this. Thanks. ;)
Corporal This Is Sparta

Postby pepperonibread on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:57 am

This Is Sparta wrote:Agreed. This is indeed a very interesting and playable map that I have had many great games on!

However I'd like to point out one problem about the map. ( http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=60941 )

Countless times I have witnessed a bout of confusion on the map http://www.conquerclub.com/maps/Extreme ... ming.L.jpg concerning the bonus on "Australia". There's actually no bonus for holding the two parts of Australia, as some find out to their dismay even though New Zealand is the same colour, albeit a small pair of islands. You actually need to hold New Zealand as well as Australia's two parts to obtain the 2 bonus armies.

To avoid further confusion, I suggest re-naming the bonus "Oceania", in order to stop this. Thanks. ;)

Thanks Sparta :) I'll try to fix this up as soon as I can. It may take a bit of time though, as I no longer have the editable Photoshop file. So I'll need to erase and replace the "Australia" in the legend manually.
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby Incandenza on Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:35 pm

pepperonibread wrote:It may take a bit of time though, as I no longer have the editable Photoshop file. So I'll need to erase and replace the "Australia" in the legend manually.

Just out of idle curiosity, did you lose the file or delete it? And if the latter, um, why?
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby katvira on Fri May 22, 2009 1:50 am

What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources? Methane is a potent greenhouse gas (GHG) thought to be abundant in the deep ocean and in permafrost. Compare the global warming potential of methane to other GHG’s. What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources?
Last edited by katvira on Sat May 23, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Recruit katvira

Postby Bruceswar on Fri May 22, 2009 2:29 am

katvira wrote:What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources? Methane is a potent greenhouse gas (GHG) thought to be abundant in the deep ocean and in permafrost. Compare the global warming potential of methane to other GHG’s. What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources?

Hmm odd first post..
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby MrBenn on Fri May 22, 2009 2:45 am

Bruceswar wrote:Hmm odd first post..

There's nowt as queer as folk :lol:
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Spartacus21C on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:30 am

Africa should have the single highest bonus because its to both sides of the uninhabitable zone, which makes it harder to take and harder to hold

Bruceswar wrote:
katvira wrote:What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources? Methane is a potent greenhouse gas (GHG) thought to be abundant in the deep ocean and in permafrost. Compare the global warming potential of methane to other GHG’s. What are the potential feedback implications of global warming with respect to these methane sources?

Hmm odd first post..

Hmm, he's right though. But beyond the point at which there's no ice left (which seems to be the setting of this map) I doubt further global warming would effect the shape of the land. It might widen the uninhabitable zone, but on the other hand the widening of the zone which would be uninhabitable for present-day humans might be neutralised by people becoming more resistant to heat and UV and developing crops and livestock the same. A significantly higher methane content in the atmosphere would almost certainly effect life expectancy though...
Cook Spartacus21C

Postby muti on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Yup 7 years on I fell for the Australia bonus thing as mentioned above. Have you found a way of fixing that yet? It is pretty irritating as it clearly says Australia and secondly on NZ is so small it's hard to see that it's the same colour so unless you actually check through map function you don't realise until you don't have the bonus.
Is there still someone around with the privileges to correct this?
Cook muti

Postby waauw on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:06 pm

muti wrote:Yup 7 years on I fell for the Australia bonus thing as mentioned above. Have you found a way of fixing that yet? It is pretty irritating as it clearly says Australia and secondly on NZ is so small it's hard to see that it's the same colour so unless you actually check through map function you don't realise until you don't have the bonus.
Is there still someone around with the privileges to correct this?

Unfortunately, you need the original mapmaker to change that I think.
Lieutenant waauw

Previous

Return to The Atlas