Conquer Club

WWII Europe

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:48 pm

If people want to play this map they should be contributing ideas to help qwert work with the foundry and the guidelines, not against them.

If all people want to do is complain about the guidelines, do it in an appropriate place like the The Final Say on Map Size Announcement.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:27 am

KEYOGI
Cartography Assistant

If people want to play this map they should be contributing ideas to help qwert work with the foundry and the guidelines, not against them.

If all people want to do is complain about the guidelines, do it in an appropriate place like the The Final Say on Map Size Announcement.

I want to create these map,but with these rules is imposible to create map in these size(640px small).
I just can continue work in these dimension(850px) ofcourse i can ask people do i continue work in these map.I realy dont know how to shrink map to be readabile or to people can se terittory in others dimensions(640px).
Also i give mine complain in "The Final Say on Map Size" that these is very restricted rules,and nobody can create map with 100 terittory in these dimension.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:48 pm

AndyDufresne
Zookeeper & Foundry Foreman

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 23:47 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now we are firm standing on our guidelines. Maybe in the future they will change, and we will come back and look at the arguments for and against. Hence the reason this will stay open, so we don't clutter other important threads with the discussion.

well like andy say maybe in the future these map be alove to play,so i will work in these map on dimension 850x500,and hope that some day will be open for game.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:42 am

The 'slight' rotation you did is awful.

I know how loath you are to go through another massive thing like you did with Eastern Front. But maybe you should just keep working on the original map and the position it was in. If a moderator stops by and says something like "you need to do whatever to get within size constraints" or whatever, just acknowledge them. Say "Okay." and then keep moving on like they never stopped by.

I'd like to see where that gets this.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby KEYOGI on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:45 am

qwert wrote:well like andy say maybe in the future these map be alove to play,so i will work in these map on dimension 850x500,and hope that some day will be open for game.

840 is the absolute maximum. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Coleman on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:47 am

KEYOGI wrote:
qwert wrote:well like andy say maybe in the future these map be alove to play,so i will work in these map on dimension 850x500,and hope that some day will be open for game.

840 is the absolute maximum. :wink:

Okay. :D
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:59 am

KEYOGI wrote:
qwert wrote:
well like andy say maybe in the future these map be alove to play,so i will work in these map on dimension 850x500,and hope that some day will be open for game.

840 is the absolute maximum.

Okay.

Its these a joke? :roll:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby mibi on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:16 pm

I think there should be an allowance for epic type maps like this one. They could be 3 sizes, small large and epic. World 2.0 would classify as epic in my book.
Captain mibi

Postby hulmey on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:21 pm

i think my resoultion on my computer i very small. Coz it dont look all that epic!!! What resoultion is the norm guys?
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby d.gishman on Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:02 pm

mibi wrote:I think there should be an allowance for epic type maps like this one. They could be 3 sizes, small large and epic. World 2.0 would classify as epic in my book.

I agree that there should be more maps like world 2.1 in terms of size and playability. if a map of the European theatre is to be made, it would be great to see a complex map like 2.1
Sergeant 1st Class d.gishman

Postby Bavarian Raven on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:04 pm

...i agree, i like the map big as is... 8) :D
Sergeant 1st Class Bavarian Raven

Postby Major King on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 am

this map looks as if it would make for some imense battles and would be an joy to play on
Cook Major King

Postby Coleman on Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 am

My point of view is I would like to see Western Front and Central if he makes that it's own map both finished before this. If he is just adding Central here to connect East & West then never mind on that part.

Once all that is done we should see how much he can fit without significantly changing the graphics and, maybe, (and I know this might seem insane to the current moderators) make an allowance for this map size wise. I doubt he'll need more then maybe 10 or 20 pixels, and there seems to be, from my perspective, enough grounds for this to be that much bigger then the norm.

In any case it will still be smaller then World 2.1, which is played quite frequently by a significant portion of the player base without size issues.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby lt_oddball on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:00 am

DiM wrote:the text is almost impossible to see at this point. imagine how it looks at 630*600 :roll:

Which can be improved by removing the shadows of the letters and let the black letters be surrounded by white.
Major lt_oddball

Postby lt_oddball on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 am

Because of the mapsize and because there are some weird provinces, I think you should take the opportunity to carve up europe in different zones based on military geographical tactical merits.
So first look at uncrossable rivers, mountain ranges then at defendable hills, rivers, fortifications as they were in 1944. Then see how you can divide it in game playable zones.
Major lt_oddball

Postby lt_oddball on Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:13 am

another tip I thought of:

Have at the bottom a series of 8 (or so) dots on a line which represent the airsuperiority. These dots are in line connection.
From these dots you can each bombard a certain specific dot on the map (preferably a choke point : from left to right ..london, Paris, Antwerp, Ruhr, Berlin, Warschau, Leningrad, Moskou.
To enter (never exit) this series you can only do it from the left from the Britain dot, in the middle from the Berlin dot and on the right from the Moskou dot.

This way it represents the struggle for air superiority with Germany caught inbetween the western and eastern allies

:wink:
Major lt_oddball

Postby Qwert on Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:20 am

lt_oddball

Because of the mapsize and because there are some weird provinces, I think you should take the opportunity to carve up europe in different zones based on military geographical tactical merits.
So first look at uncrossable rivers, mountain ranges then at defendable hills, rivers, fortifications as they were in 1944. Then see how you can divide it in game playable zones.

Its look that you dont follow mine other topic.
Note-Look topic:
1.WWII EASTERN FRONT(quenched)
2.WWII WESTERN FRONT(main map founrdy)
You can see all rivers and defence line there.

Coleman
My point of view is I would like to see Western Front and Central if he makes that it's own map both finished before this. If he is just adding Central here to connect East & West then never mind on that part.
I belive that western front be finished before these final map.
also i hope that iwo jima will be finished first.
I dont have in project to create Central front,so these will only be here in European theatre.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:41 pm

after several days i been work on colours of map terittory,and these map with colours(next step umpasabile borders)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:51 pm

There are too many different shades of blue. It might be confusing, and it will be hard to read the cyan numbers
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Qwert on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:08 pm

Kaplowitz

There are too many different shades of blue. It might be confusing, and it will be hard to read the cyan numbers

I can se diference,and if you dont have diferent shade of blue then you will have diferente shade of some other colours.
Note-you forget army shadow circle.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby hulmey on Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:50 am

well there only 7 primary colours so you can safely say there will be different shades of colours in this map :)
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Qwert on Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:03 am

hulmey

Posted: 24 Aug 2007 07:50 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well there only 7 primary colours so you can safely say there will be different shades of colours in this map

Yes,and with army shadow circle,you will se numbers without any mistake with colours of terittory.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 pm

love this map and wondered if we could have the central part of europe as a seperate option then this map would really be a large version of 3 existing maps, but i love the idea even if you dont want to do that.

How is this legend going to work
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby Coleman on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:10 pm

I know you're just going to continue doing what you want to do regardless, but I would really like to see this put on hold until Western Front is released. I don't like seeing the productivity on your other maps suffer while you work on this project. Don't misunderstand me, I like this project, I just want your other maps as quickly as possible first. :-k
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:59 pm

Coleman

I know you're just going to continue doing what you want to do regardless, but I would really like to see this put on hold until Western Front is released. I don't like seeing the productivity on your other maps suffer while you work on this project. Don't misunderstand me, I like this project, I just want your other maps as quickly as possible first.

Dont worry,like you know,WWII IWO JIMA is almost finish(xml code) and WWII WESTERN FRONT i waith vote for bonuses to be finish.
These map can not be finish before these two.

boberz Posted: 25 Aug 2007 17:48 Post subject:

love this map and wondered if we could have the central part of europe as a seperate option then this map would really be a large version of 3 existing maps, but i love the idea even if you dont want to do that.

How is this legend going to work

I will not create central part of WWII,but everybody can look central part and can try to create these part of triology.
Here i present map with colours,and these mean that all names go to terittory and in these place go bonus box,similar like in WWII EASTERN FRONT and WWII WESTERN FRONT(helmets,numbers)you will se when i create these part of map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas