Conquer Club

Posting Pictures

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Posting Pictures

Postby DublinDoogey on Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:40 pm

I'm ready to post a picture of the North America map I've been working on, however Photobucket is making it really small. It's over the 512 mb limit, and I guess it's resizing it.

I'm using photoshop, and it's been a lot of fun learning the program while making the map.

What other image hosting sites would you guys recommend, or how can I save a high quality version with a lower byte size?

thanks
Private DublinDoogey

Postby Marvaddin on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:05 pm

You can use photobucket, but dont upload a bmp image. Use png format, and it will probably be ok.

512 mb? :lol: 512 kb, you mean.
Major Marvaddin

Postby DublinDoogey on Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:12 pm

thanks
Private DublinDoogey

Postby SMITH197 on Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:42 pm

ok...i have a map ready, but i used macromedia Freehand and its an unsupported file type. I get this message...
"Error: Unable to upload the file "1812-1stdraft.FH11".
FH11 files are not an allowed image type"

I've tried saving it as a different file type, but the other 2 options it gives me dont work either...

I'm not very computer savvy past the basics so any help or someone pointing out something stupid i've overlooked would be great.

sry i'm an idiot....
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Postby thegrimsleeper on Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:09 pm

have you tried opening it in another graphics program, such as microsoft paint, adobe photoshop or jasc paintshoppro?

if you can open it in another graphics program, you'll be able to save it as a different file type.

btw how is freehand? i've never used it.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby supermarcol on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:38 am

I never used macromedia freehand, but I use macromedia flash, look in the file menu and look if you have an option to export image. If they work the same it should be there.

[EDIT] As a LAST resort take a screenshot of your screen with the map and then cut around it. I DON'T suggest doing this because it will make a crappy image, but if you're out of options you can try.

Also don't feel like an idiot, you're learning, its normal :wink:
-SuperMarcol
Sergeant 1st Class supermarcol

Postby SMITH197 on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:50 pm

Thanks guys, you really helped me get that map up! Freehand is hard to learn at first (Granted, I've never used such a high quailty program before) but it offers a nice selections of tools. I like it and I'm sure I'll get better with it in time.

Thanks again!
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

Return to Foundry Discussions