Conquer Club

WWII Europe

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby d.gishman on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:04 pm

Yes, this map looks epic. One suggestion: the title looks out of place with the map. It looks confusing and busy.
Sergeant 1st Class d.gishman

Postby DiM on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:07 pm

the map looks really good but unfortunatelly it's impossible to create a small version that would fit the size restrictions so i really don't see the point in continuing this. :cry:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Old font is best.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Excellent

Postby Keredrex on Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:21 pm

...one suggestion...on the right where you have siegfried defense... you should also have a faded portion of the bordering territories... or at least the names... I agree the logo is too cluttered.. simplify....

Also... Why does there have to be a small version?.... I think if the map has enough playability as is with enough users wiling to play it as just a large map... it should be allowed....

Another Idea... Is it possible to play out a game on (Eastern front) and it be directly related to and affecting this map... kind of like playing on ww2 eastern front... winning and then it continues in the map against other users who played ww2 western front....is it possibly to basically play a game like USA winning then get immediately imported to World 2.1 still in control of USA comparitively...I guess it is a little complicated but interesting
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:29 pm

Simonov
oh my! can't wait to try this one. btw qwert it's written belgrade and balkans in english. and polish front. nice partisan caps!

should also put german helmets on polish and final battle front because of correct time line. soviets didn't held that part until the end of war, and east front situation wouldn't be correct then. also could rename final battle with central europe - or central european front , final battle sound somewhat strange. also could change the order of france and britain in legend to align helmets by sort.

1.Belgrad change with Belgrade-ok
2.Poland change with Polish-ok
3.Balkan change with Balkans-ok
4.You want to put all helmets in central front to be germans(except balkans)-ok
5.Central European front-to long name,and i all ready have name Central front.
6.Well i can put Britain to be last bonus.

d.gishman

Yes, this map looks epic. One suggestion: the title looks out of place with the map. It looks confusing and busy.

No problem i can put to be simple

DiM

the map looks really good but unfortunatelly it's impossible to create a small version that would fit the size restrictions so i really don't see the point in continuing this.

Well i hope that mod squad will find some solution,i even give some idea,that map with these dimension put on trial period ,and if people play these game in some apropriate number to alove these map to be part of CC maps family.

Keredrex

...one suggestion...on the right where you have siegfried defense... you should also have a faded portion of the bordering territories... or at least the names... I agree the logo is too cluttered.. simplify....

Also... Why does there have to be a small version?.... I think if the map has enough playability as is with enough users wiling to play it as just a large map... it should be allowed....

Another Idea... Is it possible to play out a game on (Eastern front) and it be directly related to and affecting this map... kind of like playing on ww2 eastern front... winning and then it continues in the map against other users who played ww2 western front....is it possibly to basically play a game like USA winning then get immediately imported to World 2.1 still in control of USA comparitively...I guess it is a little complicated but interesting

First,i have some other idea to insted these(Sigfried defence)put box with shortcut names explanation-example-C.P>Colmar Pocket-F.M.Mod>FieldMarshal Model,and others.
These last will be very dificulty,i think.You mean that Eastern Front map and Western Front map have some conection to these map?

Kaplowitz

Old font is best.
Well i put more option,and if old text style is best for these map,then ok.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:09 pm

Qwert....this is looking incredibly busy....but good. What an epic!
I only hope that it is doesn't get size-squashed for your sake. :) :wink:

The area around the Siegfried Line is very small and cluttered....why don't you do like i did in Thai Railway and put those terts out in an inset on the side where you already have a blown up version of the area.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:04 pm

cairnswk

Posted: 06 Sep 2007 18:09 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qwert....this is looking incredibly busy....but good. What an epic!
I only hope that it is doesn't get size-squashed for your sake.

The area around the Siegfried Line is very small and cluttered....why don't you do like i did in Thai Railway and put those terts out in an inset on the side where you already have a blown up version of the area.

These is final dimension and can not be smaller.
Well its look that people very good se these terittory and i will erase these part and put legend of short word explanation.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:14 pm

Here new upload version.
Now i see 3 issue
1.Britain (bombardment or attack)
2.Text style(old or 2 presented in Poland and East Germany)
3.Bonus Value
Every one who want to give opinion abouth these 3.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Keredrex on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:20 pm

I hate the legend in the upper right... The little map was better...all ou neede was the names of the bordering territories like i mentioned....as it is now its way more confusing than it needs to be....also dificult to read

as for the font i think that new way in East germany Works nicely.. definitely not the one in poland

Since this game is in keeping with the other two (WW2 Eastern Front & WW2 Western Front) you should keep them exact as their original counterparts... So whatever the decision is on Westernfonts Britain Should be the same Here.....

.Although I noticed you added Karelia to Eastern Front...just curious as to Why???
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby Bavarian Raven on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:43 pm

...all i can say is that i can't wait to play...
Sergeant 1st Class Bavarian Raven

Postby onbekende on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:20 pm

qwert wrote:Here new upload version.
Now i see 3 issue
3.Bonus Value

1. Britain needs to be attackable, geez
2. old is slighty better
3. will be back with that later (can be long later)
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Captain onbekende

Postby d.gishman on Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:21 pm

The idea of the legend is good, but it's hard to read. The text is squeezed together and the colour scheme is bad. I also would like to know the reason for Karelia - Karelia has importance in the Winter War, but little importance for the march to Berlin

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:43 pm

Keredrex

I hate the legend in the upper right... The little map was better...all ou neede was the names of the bordering territories like i mentioned....as it is now its way more confusing than it needs to be....also dificult to read

as for the font i think that new way in East germany Works nicely.. definitely not the one in poland

Since this game is in keeping with the other two (WW2 Eastern Front & WW2 Western Front) you should keep them exact as their original counterparts... So whatever the decision is on Westernfonts Britain Should be the same Here.....

.Although I noticed you added Karelia to Eastern Front...just curious as to Why???

well i can try to put bouth(legend and little map of Siegfried Defence)
Decision on WWII WESTERN FRONT IS that Britain be only bombardment option.
karelia?You dont know?Well Finish also fight in eastern front,they advance only to older border and dont attack Leningrad,but fight against Russian army in Karelia.

onbekende

qwert wrote:
Here new upload version.
Now i see 3 issue
3.Bonus Value

1. Britain needs to be attackable, geez
2. old is slighty better
3. will be back with that later (can be long later)

1.I think that vote poll will be resolve these issue.
2.Hmmm,also vote poll.
3.Ok

d.gishman

The idea of the legend is good, but it's hard to read. The text is squeezed together and the colour scheme is bad. I also would like to know the reason for Karelia - Karelia has importance in the Winter War, but little importance for the march to Berlin.
I will try to put bouth.
Karelia is also been part of Eastern front,but small.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Ok.here new update,i put bouth -legend and maps of Sigfried defence plan. I hope that look good.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby unriggable on Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:53 pm

MORE INTERFRONTAL CONNECTIONS
Cook unriggable

Postby d.gishman on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:06 pm

unriggable wrote:MORE INTERFRONTAL CONNECTIONS

lol agreed

also, the legend is still blurry and hard to read, possibly a different font?

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:44 am

unriggable

Posted: 08 Sep 2007 01:53 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MORE INTERFRONTAL CONNECTIONS

You must explane why,i put to be 3 conection for bouth front,and in these way i create West Germany,Italy,Von Bock,Von Rundsthet,Polish,Final Battles and Balkans-hard to hold.
And you still want more conection!?!?
If you want to ruin playability,then you must explane to me.

d.gishman

Very strange,i can read without problem,do you belive that i will put something what i can not read?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Simonov on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:06 am

qwert wrote:Ok.here new update,i put bouth -legend and maps of Sigfried defence plan. I hope that look good.

simply beautiful. perfect!
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby DiM on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:09 am

the map is very cluttered especially in the western area some names are almost impossible to read. but this is not your fault it's because of the size of the map. hopefully something will be done and this map will be produced until the size restrictions are lifted this map has no future. the current image is already very cluttered and hard to read and it exceeds the limits for a large image. imagine resizing it to fit in 630px wide. it's impossible.

so with those thoughts in mind i leave all graphic issues aside and reflect on the gameplay.

1. eastern front section is very nice. no comment here.
2. the western front however has the british problem. the non attackable UK. either make the bombardment thing like in the western front topic or make normandy attack m park dg. i'd vote for the second option. only with bombardment the star bonus is useless because once you bombard london there's no way to take it and thus the star bonus is imposssible to hold.
3. the front lines. i don't know how you came up with the idea but it is totally wrong and even more it isn't realistic. and you always said you want realism. they have no historical reason to exist. again this is very wrong. you're telling me the germans couldn't go from berlin to hamburg because there was an imaginary front line in their path?
aside from the unrealistic point of view the front lines also ruin the gamplay. basically the western front and the eastern front can be held with only 3 borders. let's be serious this is a major bottleneck which spoils the gamplay. in a team game one side could easily capture a whole front granted a good deployment. that game would be won instantly. so i say remove the front lines. if the map seems to open then you can simply add some rivers. for example between von runstedt and balkans you can put the river prut.
4. the time frame of this map is very wrong. you say it is Road to Berlin. that means it's near the end of the war. a thought that is confirmed when i see the red continent named final battles. BUT when i see the german armies all the way almost near moscow i wonder what the heck where they doing there when berlin was about to fall?
you understand my point? you have 3 separate fronts each in a different time frames with battles from all over the war. this is very inconsistent and unrealistic. if you really want a road to berlin map then make one where the allies are strong and the nazi's are about to lose not one where at the same time berlin is about to fall to the russians and also the nazi's are close to moscow. this never happened at the same time.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby d.gishman on Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:07 pm

qwert wrote:
d.gishman

Very strange,i can read without problem,do you belive that i will put something what i can not read?

I can read it, but it's just hard. It's cluttered and generally unattractive

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:29 pm

1. eastern front section is very nice. no comment here.
2. the western front however has the british problem. the non attackable UK. either make the bombardment thing like in the western front topic or make normandy attack m park dg. i'd vote for the second option. only with bombardment the star bonus is useless because once you bombard london there's no way to take it and thus the star bonus is imposssible to hold.
3. the front lines. i don't know how you came up with the idea but it is totally wrong and even more it isn't realistic. and you always said you want realism. they have no historical reason to exist. again this is very wrong. you're telling me the germans couldn't go from berlin to hamburg because there was an imaginary front line in their path?
aside from the unrealistic point of view the front lines also ruin the gamplay. basically the western front and the eastern front can be held with only 3 borders. let's be serious this is a major bottleneck which spoils the gamplay. in a team game one side could easily capture a whole front granted a good deployment. that game would be won instantly. so i say remove the front lines. if the map seems to open then you can simply add some rivers. for example between von runstedt and balkans you can put the river prut.
4. the time frame of this map is very wrong. you say it is Road to Berlin. that means it's near the end of the war. a thought that is confirmed when i see the red continent named final battles. BUT when i see the german armies all the way almost near moscow i wonder what the heck where they doing there when berlin was about to fall?
you understand my point? you have 3 separate fronts each in a different time frames with battles from all over the war. this is very inconsistent and unrealistic. if you really want a road to berlin map then make one where the allies are strong and the nazi's are about to lose not one where at the same time berlin is about to fall to the russians and also the nazi's are close to moscow. this never happened at the same time.

1.Ok
2.These still open,and i will give several solution,and people can vote.
3.Yes they are realistic,but these is mix of 2 thing, first in Eastern front line where Germans start attack on SSSR,second finall advance of Western Ally,so i will remove Road to Berlin and only will stay WWII EUROPE.If i remove front lines and start ading rivers and mountains i will get same efect,because without these bariers you can se what you get:
-West Germany all terittory must defend
-Italy 4 terittory must defend.
-Rundsthet must defend 5 terittory.
-Von Bock must defend 6 terittory?!
-Von Leeb must defend 3 terittory.
-East Germany must defend 3 terittory.
-Prussia must Defend all terittory.
If you thing that these ok,then these map playability will be ruin.
4.Well i will remove Road to berlin and stay only WWII EUROPE
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:31 pm

d.gishman Posted: 08 Sep 2007 17:07 Post subject:

qwert wrote:

Quote:
d.gishman

What can do,i only can remowe legend and put to Sigfried defence plan be biger.Its very dificylty to put map to be biger when you dont have space.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby d.gishman on Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:32 pm

qwert wrote:
d.gishman Posted: 08 Sep 2007 17:07 Post subject:

qwert wrote:

Quote:
d.gishman

What can do,i only can remowe legend and put to Sigfried defence plan be biger.Its very dificylty to put map to be biger when you dont have space.

True, it's hard to work with the size guidelines with a map of this size. I think the serif is a little too intruding on that font.

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:47 pm

Well i remove legend and put only Sigfried Defence plan biger on corner.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby unriggable on Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:18 pm

qwert wrote:3.Yes they are realistic,but these is mix of 2 thing, first in Eastern front line where Germans start attack on SSSR,second finall advance of Western Ally,so i will remove Road to Berlin and only will stay WWII EUROPE.If i remove front lines and start ading rivers and mountains i will get same efect,because without these bariers you can se what you get:
-West Germany all terittory must defend
-Italy 4 terittory must defend.
-Rundsthet must defend 5 terittory.
-Von Bock must defend 6 terittory?!
-Von Leeb must defend 3 terittory.
-East Germany must defend 3 terittory.
-Prussia must Defend all terittory.
If you thing that these ok,then these map playability will be ruin.

You add some rivers, and you fix bonuses. I don't think the east and west fronts should be identical to their selective maps, whats the point of playing them then?
Cook unriggable

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas