Conquer Club

WWII Europe

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Bavarian Raven on Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 pm

i don't like how germany is divided by a front...ruins it a bit i think,,,
Sergeant 1st Class Bavarian Raven

Postby Qwert on Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:04 am

Well Western Germany whas part of Western front and East Germany whas part of Center front,because Western ally not conquer East Germany,so i must divide germany.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:38 am

well i think that i finish with all what is request for these Map stage.
Only what is left is size approwal from Lack.When these will be i realy dont know,so we must waith. Se you when these map get green light.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:28 am

qwert wrote:well i think that i finish with all what is request for these Map stage.
Only what is left is size approwal from Lack.When these will be i realy dont know,so we must waith. Se you when these map get green light.

Well, unfortunately, now that I know more inside information the current stand is that all maps outside the size restrictions are not going to make it out of the foundry. In fact we are going to keep maps outside the guidelines in Map Ideas until a future time when we may support 'super size maps'. I know that sucks, but that's all I can really say at the moment. I'd recommend focusing on your other maps for a while and then coming back to this after we (the moderators and site operators) have all agreed on how we want to handle the idea of super size maps. Your chances are probably much better once(if) Western Front is quenched.
Last edited by Coleman on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Simonov on Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:33 am

just one grammar correction - "connection between..."

once again - great map. can't wait to play it.

ps also - non crossing borders
Corporal 1st Class Simonov

Postby MasterEddie38 on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:04 pm

This map looks awesome, i cant wait to play it. I hope they figure out how to get you to make this map in a super-sized map category or whatever needs to be done
Cadet MasterEddie38

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:30 pm

Coleman Posted: 18 Sep 2007 15:28 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qwert wrote:
well i think that i finish with all what is request for these Map stage.

Well, unfortunately, now that I know more inside information the current stand is that all maps outside the size restrictions are not going to make it out of the foundry. In fact we are going to keep maps outside the guidelines in Map Ideas until a future time when we may support 'super size maps'. I know that sucks, but that's all I can really say at the moment. I'd recommend focusing on your other maps for a while and then coming back to this after we (the moderators and site operators) have all agreed on how we want to handle the idea of super size maps. Your chances are probably much better once(if) Western Front is quenched.

Thanks for more info Coleman.
These map is now in waiting stage.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby lt_oddball on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:48 am

MBRand in England cannot be bombarded and so with 2 final players there might be a risk of a deadlocked game.
The stronger player dominating the continent and bombarding the English coast areas..but NOT "M Brand" in the middle.

I know what Vichy meant..but it means nothing for gameplay (did Vichy yield troops or resources for Allies or Axis ?..answer: no. dont forget that Germany decided to invade it only lateron and then felt free to "exploit" that area). At best you could compare it with neutral Sweden ( that did do business with germany: Steel).
Anyway in 1944 (at time of battles in france) there was no independent Vichy area.

Anyway, just ressort to departement/province/area names that comes closest to the area that you sliced on the map.
The simplest is to call something "east-France" or "SW-Bulgaria" or "North-Belorussia".. :roll:

qwert wrote:
lt_oddball
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

England should be able to be invaded...or else there could be no total victory possible with One player on the continent and the other stuck in England.

I repeat again (with fellow critics) please change provinces/areas to how it was tactically perceived in those days.
So look at difficult crossable terrain (major rivers, fortified defense lines, mountain ranges = impassable borders)on one hand (which means many small zones) and fast paced open terrains on the other hand (larger zones where Germans in 1940 and allies in 1944 moved like lightning, and forget about political motivated areas (Vichy ? what 's the point of using that ?) and army commander areas (it just makes no sense to combine that in one map).
That would make it better gameplay than it is now.

I spend so many hours in researching and i can not find some others solution for these provinces,if you can find better please give me. Vichy?You realy dont know for these political state during WWII?
Major lt_oddball

Postby Coleman on Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:59 am

Victory conditions can be set so that owning everything except Britain results in victory, but I believe qwert planed on handling the bombardments for Britain similar to Western Front, where all 3 spots are targets.

Anyway, the only downside of the victory condition would be that you'd need to wipe out all the neutral territories, which in 1v1 could turn out very very annoying.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:06 pm

News?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DiM on Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:13 pm

qwert wrote:News?

not yet. :(
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby volfan on Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:17 pm

This map is cool. I'm sick of the restrictions :!: When did a big map hurt anyone :?: :!:
Sergeant 1st Class volfan

Postby unriggable on Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:19 pm

volfan wrote:This map is cool. I'm sick of the restrictions :!: When did a big map hurt anyone :?: :!:

Punched me in the face a few days back, very painful
Cook unriggable

Postby Jesse710 on Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Not everyone wants to play everything on a massive map. Each front by itself has it's own game play mechanics. Having the two smaller maps and this major one should also promote some interesting themed tournaments.[/quote]

So, a ton of people do. Besides there is an Eastern Front, Almost a Western Front, and maybe a Central Front. Merge them all together with differnent rules, borders,etc. This map will be amazing!
Corporal Jesse710

Postby d.gishman on Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:13 pm

This map is amazing...

I dont understand why the guidelines are so strict, it seems more like stubbornness than logic to me.
Sergeant 1st Class d.gishman

Postby unriggable on Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:36 pm

d.gishman wrote:This map is amazing...

I dont understand why the guidelines are so strict, it seems more like stubbornness than logic to me.

Depends on computer screen. makes a lot of sense. This doesnt even fir the large map criteria, small map would blow sooo baaad.
Cook unriggable

Postby Qwert on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 pm

unriggable Posted: 05 Nov 2007 01:36 Post subject:

d.gishman wrote:
This map is amazing...

Depends on computer screen. makes a lot of sense. This doesnt even fir the large map criteria, small map would blow sooo baaad.

Well i must say that these map almost fulfill criteria for large map(800x600) mine is 850x500.
Problem is small map,and everybody know that these map can not be smaller then 850x500.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby tim02 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:52 pm

:idea: Just make it anyways 8-[
Highest/Current
Score: 2900
Colonel tim02

Postby unriggable on Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:11 am

Get rid of territories, right the map is unplayable.
Cook unriggable

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:35 pm

unriggable Posted: 10 Nov 2007 15:11 Post subject:

Get rid of territories, right the map is unplayable.

:lol:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:14 pm

Just so you know. When we add categories (which we will have to eventually, we can't just reasonably throw 80 maps in someones face and expect them to know what might suit them) the likelihood of allowing this will increase. Right now it is rather bleak.

I'd still encourage thinking of other projects first. It is not my intent to string you along with false hopes, we may never be able to let this map in, but I hope we will eventually.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:11 pm

Well you know that these map present Two mine previos map-WWII EASTERN FRONT and WWII WESTERN FRONT(Future map).
Combination of two or three map who have been quenched and who can be conected to be one big map is good reason for all future Big maps.
Also i dont have any new project,because creating Historical WWII maps is very long process,and i think that for now 3 maps(i hope WWII EUROPE) its final number,and some new map creator can have free theme from WWII to create insted me(i have idea to create Ardennes operation,Operation Market Garden,Invasion of Normandy,maybe North Africa Campaign,but these will be to much for me).
So i will waith and hope to decision been positive for these map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Jesse710 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:57 am

Any word yet?
Corporal Jesse710

Postby Qwert on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:32 pm

Jesse710 Posted: 25 Nov 2007 12:57 Post subject:

Any word yet?

Still waiting positive solution.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Bavarian Raven on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:12 pm

u should make a map of southern europe and north africa...

but i hope it comes out soon...

and since u have both a western and eastern front map, u sould have a central europe map and a northern europe ww2 map
Sergeant 1st Class Bavarian Raven

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas