Conquer Club

Portugal [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby RjBeals on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Congrats gimil - I haven't commented much, but I've been keeping up with your progress. Looking forward to playing this one!
Private RjBeals

Postby gimil on Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:33 pm

RjBeals wrote:Congrats gimil - I haven't commented much, but I've been keeping up with your progress. Looking forward to playing this one!
much appreciated buddy
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Optimus Prime on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:09 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:This will be perfect for the next Point Grabbers.....maybe Italy will be done in time for that too.....

Italy is done... :?

And it is a BEAUTIFUL thing isn't it? Portugal and Italy are exactly what I was looking for.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby t.e.c on Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:17 pm

congrats gimil, can't wait to try it out
Corporal t.e.c

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:14 pm

Coleman wrote:FOUNDRY NEWS
PORTUGAL - Clicky
Start Date: April 8, 2007
Creator: gimil

A map of Portugal, the country. It does a decent job of staying true to the indigenous names of areas. Currently the map is being held up by comments about the circles and names touching. Nothing New

Strange, 5 days ago, nothing new and needing graphics update... now quenched? This post is to mention that we were discussing some suggestions to the maker in the Portuguese forum, even why not many Portuguese speakers have a good, fluid English.

I (and some guys, mostly Portuguese) wouldnt like to see it quenched as it is now, so, what to do? Request a revamp? Not wanting to be rude, just letting you know.
Major Marvaddin

Postby gimil on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:17 pm

Marvaddin wrote:
PORTUGAL - Clicky

A map of Portugal, the country. It does a decent job of staying true to the indigenous names of areas. Currently the map is being held up by comments about the circles and names touching. Nothing New

Strange, 5 days ago, nothing new and needing graphics update... now quenched? This post is to mention that we were discussing some suggestions to the maker in the Portuguese forum, even why not many Portuguese speakers have a good, fluid English.

I (and some guys, mostly Portuguese) wouldnt like to see it quenched as it is now, so, what to do? Request a revamp? Not wanting to be rude, just letting you know.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

you seem to be making no sence at all

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Marvaddin on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Dont worry, we were not expecting that you could read the discussion in the Portuguese forum :wink:

Anyway, we were talking about lack of national symbols, excess of ocean routes, something like this.
Major Marvaddin

Postby gimil on Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:34 pm

Marvaddin wrote:Dont worry, we were not expecting that you could read the discussion in the Portuguese forum :wink:

Anyway, we were talking about lack of national symbols, excess of ocean routes, something like this.

national symbols? Well the flags there isnt that enough :wink:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Wisse on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:46 am

gratz
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby yeti_c on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:17 am

Nice work Gimil...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:47 am

Gimil...finally...congrats. Go Gimil!
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am

Wisse wrote:gratz

Thanks wisse

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:36 am

yeti_c wrote:Nice work Gimil...

C.

much appreciated C.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:37 am

cairnswk wrote:Gimil...finally...congrats. Go Gimil!

yeah got there in the end

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby mibi on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:35 am

I have to say it bares an uncanny resemblence to the "Old man in the mountain" in New hampshire

Captain mibi

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:59 am

hahahaha thats excellent

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby TMG26 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:42 am

Marvaddin wrote:
PORTUGAL - Clicky

we (Portuguese people...) don't really like the graffics of the map... there isn't any Portuguese simbol at all.. it is a Portugal map... The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag or some portuguese simbol... and the gameplay is not very good...
Sergeant TMG26

Postby Wisse on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:32 am

TMG26 wrote:
Marvaddin wrote:
PORTUGAL - Clicky

we (Portuguese people...) don't really like the graffics of the map... there isn't any Portuguese simbol at all.. it is a Portugal map... The portugal letters could be in the flag's colours... the map could have a flag or some portuguese simbol... and the gameplay is not very good...

maybe you are a bit to late? and eum there are pictures of portugal if you look good
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby RjBeals on Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:50 am

This may not be the most graphically appealing map out there, but I think it's perfect for a general CC map. I've always been a fan of the no-frill's maps. I love the original Brazil, and kinda wish it wasn't being revamped. This map just hit's you in the face - at first glance, it's obvious what all the territories / country's are, where the borders & attack lines are, and what the bonus's are.

I got some of the same criticism's for my Italy map - It didn't represent the country enough. I toyed around with adding the Leaning tower of Pisa, Mona Lisa, Roman Columns, Pompeii, the Vatican, Castel del Monte, Michelangelo's David.... but it just cluttered up the map.

Again, nice work gimil - sometimes simplicity is preferred.
Private RjBeals

Postby TMG26 on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:07 pm

but at least a little portuguese simbol could be added....
Sergeant TMG26

Postby DiM on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:11 pm

TMG26 wrote:but at least a little portuguese simbol could be added....

i don't understand it guys. you say you've been commenting this map in your portugese forum. well it's been in the final forge status for 2 months not to mention all the time it spent before the forge. why didn't you say something?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:19 pm

i don't speak portugese but i studied italian and that helps a bit. so i went in your subforum to see what's the problem.

on the 1st of september sioux posted the updated map that was finished. that was a month ago.

then marvaddin came with a long post complaining the islands are too big and make portugal seem small, complained about the bonuses and something about the legend. then other people agreed. why didn't any of you guys come and post here? why wait a month and then after the map is quenched you come and complain? :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:32 pm

this is stupid. if you dont visit the foundry regularly then how do you expect me to solve what ever problems you have? The priorite was always the poteguse player who came in and commented. If you not happy now you have only yourself to blame

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby jako on Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:08 pm

gimil wrote:this is stupid. if you dont visit the foundry regularly then how do you expect me to solve what ever problems you have? The priorite was always the poteguse player who came in and commented. If you not happy now you have only yourself to blame

QFT

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Controversy, it's ok with any country since the map maker wasn't from that country that you're going to get some people who think it doesn't represent the country, I've gotten a bit of both with my france map, and I think since andy said quench it's too late for them.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas