Free to Play Speed Games on Classic Map

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Free to Play Speed Games on Classic Map

Postby cooldeals on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:04 pm

cooldeals wrote:Concise description:
  • Speed Games on the Classic Map should be available to Freemium Members

Specifics/Details:
  • Create a new tab in "Join A Game" for "Join Classic Speed Games".
  • This tab will be the default tab when "Join A Game" is clicked.
  • All Games on this tab will be Speed Games with basic settings (Esc, Sunny, Automatic Deployment, 5 min turns, 6 players, standard).
  • These games will only be on the Classic Map.
  • These games will be open to Freemium members.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will increase the retention rate of new players
  • This will give new players a taste of the best part of the site for average players looking for a classic risk type game online
  • This will still encourage players to buy premium
  • Ends the problem of a player's first game being on a map they don't understand
  • Ends the problem of player's going to pogo.com to play risk after they realize they have to wait 24 hours to play again, and never coming back.
  • This change will not cause other significant problems in the current way the site operates
  • These settings are more fair to newcomers and limit the free options.
Colonel cooldeals

Re: 1 free speed game / month

Postby misterman10 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Koronna wrote:even for those who don't pay, will have the opportunity to play at least a real time game once every month

Live Chat = set up real time games

rejected.
Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby Koronna on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:56 pm

misterman10 wrote:
Koronna wrote:even for those who don't pay, will have the opportunity to play at least a real time game once every month

rejected.

live chat to set up rt games = time + effort most people don't want to give in = defeats the purpose of speed games
Private 1st Class Koronna

Postby Twill on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:07 pm

Koronna,

Think of all the multiple accounts people would set up to get that 1 free game a month 100 times a month - man, multi hunters would have a field day (or drown in the work load, one of the two) :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby john1099 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:14 pm

Twill wrote:Koronna,

Think of all the multiple accounts people would set up to get that 1 free game a month 100 times a month - man, multi hunters would have a field day (or drown in the work load, one of the two) :)

And why wouldn't they set up 100 multi's, and get 400 games at a time :-s

Wow, someone thought out their response.
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby BaldAdonis on Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 am

I think this is a good idea. It would hardly increase the expenses, and would encourage players to buy premium. How many times have you played speed games with players who got two free for voting, and later the players have bought premium? Happened twice to me.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Iliad on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:51 am

perhaps newbies get 2 speed games when they stat because they are usually impatient and leave.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Iliad on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:07 am

misterman10 wrote:

rejected.

real time does not equal speed games. This seems like a very good idea to me, an idea that should please both freemiums and premiums
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby insomniacdude on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:45 am

Koronna wrote:
misterman10 wrote:

rejected.

live chat to set up rt games = time + effort most people don't want to give in = defeats the purpose of speed games

Then pay the $20 to eliminate the effort.

I support Speed games staying premium only. Lack needs to provide more incentive to get premiums to buy. Unlimited games, password protected, and now speed games (which are really unneccessary anyway...why tax the serves because the people who didn't want to buy a premium wanted a premium feature?
Cadet insomniacdude

Postby BaldAdonis on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:58 am

insomniacdude wrote:Lack needs to provide more incentive to get premiums to buy....why tax the serves because the people who didn't want to buy a premium wanted a premium feature?

This would be an incentive to get premium. Anyone who plays a speed game will see the benefits, and probably won't want to wait a month to play another one. Same reason you get four games at a time for free, it entices you to play more. One game a month per person won't make a big difference to the servers.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Twill on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 am

john1099 wrote:And why wouldn't they set up 100 multi's, and get 400 games at a time :-s

Wow, someone thought out their response.

Oh I did, and oh, they do - well, usually only 3 to 4 accounts, but some have had up to 10 or so just to get free games. They get busted in the background so you dont ever see them ;)

As to the "teaser" option for speed games, it's been thrown about in several other threads, the multiple accounts problem is probably the main objection...if you anyone can come up with a way to give a few free speed games without making it easy to get them simply by creating several accounts, do post it please :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Wisse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:08 am

euh you can play a speed game if you get the gamenumber from someone
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Twill on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:52 pm

Wisse wrote:euh you can play a speed game if you get the gamenumber from someone

really???

<edit>
No you cant...I just tried. If you know a way, do let us know so it can be fixed :)
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby cena-rules on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:00 pm

Twill wrote:
Wisse wrote:euh you can play a speed game if you get the gamenumber from someone

really???

<edit>
No you cant...I just tried. If you know a way, do let us know so it can be fixed :)

I know a way

buy premium
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby sam_levi_11 on Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:09 pm

good idea cena, why didnt anyone think of it :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class sam_levi_11

Postby Wisse on Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:07 pm

sam_levi_11 wrote:good idea cena, why didnt anyone think of it :roll:

i don't know, you did?
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Wild_Tiger on Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:32 pm

just pay the measily 20 dollah
I got beaten by 2 privates and all I got was this lousy feedback!
General Wild_Tiger

Postby Herakilla on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:11 pm

Wild_Tiger wrote:just pay the measily 20 dollah
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Iliad on Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:46 pm

insomniacdude wrote:
Koronna wrote:
misterman10 wrote:

rejected.

I support Speed games staying premium only. Lack needs to provide more incentive to get premiums to buy. Unlimited games, password protected, and now speed games (which are really unneccessary anyway...why tax the serves because the people who didn't want to buy a premium wanted a premium feature?

But freemiums don't even know whether speed games are fun or not. If they play a few and realise how go to they are then they might buy premium. Guys don't forget that this is a free site, it shouldn't be that premiums get everything and freemiums nothing.
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby unriggable on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:24 pm

Iliad wrote:
insomniacdude wrote:
Koronna wrote:
misterman10 wrote:

rejected.

But freemiums don't even know whether speed games are fun or not. If they play a few and realise how go to they are then they might buy premium. Guys don't forget that this is a free site, it shouldn't be that premiums get everything and freemiums nothing.

Her, here.
Cook unriggable

Postby Herakilla on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:09 pm

freemiums can join tournies, get free games, if you get a select group of friends (not too hard, many clans are looking for people) you can get private games without paying 20$ when i was freemie for 3 months i got some speed games by posting a 1v1 and watching for the next 10 mins, if some1 joins it usually turns into a speed game ending the same day or so. thats without paying so freemiums can do stuff to get around the small restrictions the only thing you cant get around is the game limit.
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Allow at Least 1 Speed Game per Free player

Postby turtlerobot on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:31 pm

Concise description:
  • Allow speed games for free players

Specifics/Details:
  • I used to play a long time ago, and I lost my old account. Back then CC was growing really big, and I see now that growth has pretty much stopped. The reason is people dont have time to wait 24 hours and play 2 month games. If you allow free players to play at least 2 free games out of the 4, there will be much more activity on the site, and MUCH MORE CASUAL PLAYERS WILL PLAY

• Speed games = more casual players

More casual players = more active players

More active players = more referrals

More referrals = more paying members

More paying members = more money
New Recruit turtlerobot

Re: Allow at Least 1 Speed Game per Free player

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:37 pm

turtlerobot wrote:Concise description:
  • Allow speed games for free players

Specifics/Details:
  • I used to play a long time ago, and I lost my old account. Back then CC was growing really big, and I see now that growth has pretty much stopped. The reason is people dont have time to wait 24 hours and play 2 month games. If you allow free players to play at least 2 free games out of the 4, there will be much more activity on the site, and MUCH MORE CASUAL PLAYERS WILL PLAY

• Speed games = more casual players

More casual players = more active players

More active players = more referrals

More referrals = more paying members

More paying members = more money

You do realize that once new players notice they only got 1 free speed game, that are more than likely going to just create a new account to play another free speed game, yes?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby turtlerobot on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:39 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
You do realize that once new players notice they only got 1 free speed game, that are more than likely going to just create a new account to play another free speed game, yes?

You do realize that new players can still create more accounts if they want to play multiple games? The safeguards in place to prevent that abuse can be used in this situation as well.

And speed games will be so quick that the costs of risking their account will be too high vs the benefits they receive, especially since they have to relog in and out every 5 minutes.
New Recruit turtlerobot

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:54 pm

Yeah, but they are just going to ditch the old account, leaving a ton of accounts taking up more space on the server. Freemium players usually keep it to 1 or 2 other accounts, not play 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch, 1 game, ditch.

And most games on this site aren't 2 months. A majority of the games I join, only take about 1-2 weeks, tops. If you are joining big games with settings that generally take a long time to finish, that's the users fault.

Also, many of the normal paying customers don't tend to like playing inexperienced players in speed games. That's why they join them, because you have a good chance that they will play experienced members (Minus the odd cook or cadet that joins).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions