Conquer Club

POINT GRABBERS V [CHAMPION: rebelman]

Tournaments completed in 2007.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:36 pm

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! You posted this over an hour too late for me Optimus!!! :twisted: I need to be in the Super Point Grabbers though.
Major Night Strike

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:39 pm

rebelman wrote:Is portugal now bug free if it is still buggy you may nee d to choose a different map the same could also be said about italy although i think italy has been fixed

I know that Italy has been fixed, but I'll do a bit of research on Portugal to make sure before we use it.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Night Strike wrote:WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! You posted this over an hour too late for me Optimus!!! :twisted: I need to be in the Super Point Grabbers though.

Super Point Grabbers is coming up next, and then we'll have All-Star Point Grabbers after that, then Point Grabbers 6. You should have plenty of opportunities. :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rebelman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
rebelman wrote:Is portugal now bug free if it is still buggy you may nee d to choose a different map the same could also be said about italy although i think italy has been fixed

I know that Italy has been fixed, but I'll do a bit of research on Portugal to make sure before we use it.

cool i suspect its still not right but i hope i'm wrong as it's a fine looking map
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Night Strike on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Night Strike wrote:WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! You posted this over an hour too late for me Optimus!!! :twisted: I need to be in the Super Point Grabbers though.

Super Point Grabbers is coming up next, and then we'll have All-Star Point Grabbers after that, then Point Grabbers 6. You should have plenty of opportunities. :D

But you're ending my streak. I've successfully moved up each tournament (2nd round in II, semis in III, and finals in IV). This was supposed to be my one to win. :twisted: :twisted: Oh well, looks like I'll just have to be the Super or All-Star Point Grabber. 8)
Major Night Strike

Postby Coleman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:42 pm

Blast, I'm too slow again.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Coleman wrote:Blast, I'm too slow again.

I'm sure you'll make it into Super Point Grabbers.
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Gozar on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:04 pm

Coleman wrote:Blast, I'm too slow again.
Lieutenant Gozar

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:09 pm

Portugal seems fine to me.

The 4 army bonus area [Ilhas] is now giving 4 (previously only gave 3).

The two areas on the map that were previous connected Leiria and Setubal AND Alentejo Norte and Santarem no longer connect.

Were those the only bugs?
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Coleman on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:25 pm

Aerial Attack wrote:Were those the only bugs?
That we know of.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:35 pm

Coleman wrote:
Aerial Attack wrote:Were those the only bugs?
That we know of.

Thanks for letting me know that Coleman, it will save me a bit of time. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby I GOT SERVED on Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:05 pm

Curses! I've been foiled again!

Can you put me in as a reserve please?

Highest score: 2512
Highest rank: 424
Captain I GOT SERVED

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:25 pm

Alright, I've created the bracket and will be posting it soon. The request has been made for the tournament privileges and as soon as I have them games will be made.

I have also requested an opening epic from rebelman to kick us off right. :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby GreecePwns on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:32 pm

Shows what happens when you're out of the house for an hour or two... :lol: Any more reserves accepted?
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Aerial Attack on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Blast it all to pieces.

I wanted Spidey in the first round ... Guaranteed win *smirk* (well, he's the only one I have a winning 1 v 1 record against).

Either that or OPie (some revenge).

Good Luck everyone. And here's to me taking out Spidey again [only way is for me to win it all]
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby barterer2002 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:18 am

rsuttles58 wrote:God, I hope I don't end up on rebelman's side of the draw...:(

I drew him in the first round :(
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby barterer2002 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 am

Optimus Prime wrote:Looks like we are full up for this go around. I have given up my spot to allow barterer2002 to participate. I would rather have a new player in and let them show their mettle than play myself.

Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Optimus Prime on Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:17 pm

Just to let everyone know. I am still waiting on the tournament privileges for this tournament at the moment. I think that Steelhorse might be out of town or something for a day or so.

Any non-premium players please keep your slot open.

Regards, Optimus Prime
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby rebelman on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:07 pm

The rebel army have arisen from the dead to head forth once again into battle. This time they believe the Gods are on their side as Lord Optimus has smiled upon them raising them from the dead. Having defeated death to avenge previous injustices the rebel army now looks much more dangerous having entered point grabbers 4 as a mere cadet and a lowly 16th seed, this Celtic warrior is now a Corporal 1st Class and 11th seed.

looking through the list of potential adversaries our hero will be facing a number of items stand out - his defeat of the one known as reptile on rebel's own emerald isle was enough to frighten this once powerful creature feared by many from even entering the tournament. If our heroes can survive that long they can get their vengeance against rsuttles58 in the Irish countryside where Rebel is the people's champion and undefeatable but to get their he faces many obstacles in his path the first of which is the warrior known as barterer2002. This unknown force which rebel will face in Portugal has already been granted admission to the battlefield by Lord Optimus taking our all powerful's ones own place on the battlefield.

All will soon be revealed in the time honored tradition of epic duels on the battlefield. rebel and his army are en route to portugal a country where the highlander God Gimil has much influence. their mission is simple to free the people from the tyranny of barterer2002. If they are successful in this rebel's men know they will have as they did in Brazil made another holiday destination with lots of senioritas very happy - there could be no greater motivating factor.

As the adventure once more begins for rebel and his forces as Lord Optimus has commanded you will be informed of their every move in their various noble quests.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Optimus Prime on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:29 pm

PERFECT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby barterer2002 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:57 pm

Barterer2002 is beloved by all his subjects, even those in prison for speaking out against his rule. He is after all a great and wise leader, just and fair to all who agree with him. We reject the very notion of rebels on our land and will fight to the death for our freedoms. Both of them.
Sergeant barterer2002

Postby Godd on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:12 pm

hope there will be no bad games this time for last time I beat the afromidget in our first game but played it over and I got kicked out. Speaking of.. Is he in this time?
Major Godd

Postby Godd on Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:16 pm

oh my.................

I gues I do not know the differance between a dwarf and a midget, Sorry afrodrwarf
Major Godd

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:22 am

Just got the privileges, game will be up sometime today. You have my word. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

Postby Optimus Prime on Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:56 pm

Alright, the games have been created and everyone has been sent a PM. I will update the bracket as soon as I have a chance this evening. I've got a print design project to finish first though. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2007