Conquer Club

[Rules] Don't Award Points to Deadbeat / Kicked Partners

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:48 am

Haha well I have come up with a few good original ideas in my opinion, but the best ideas happen to be the ones that everyone else thinks of.
Captain Risktaker17

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:58 am

I liek this...

So the DB's take the loss points - and the non-DB's take the win points...

However I can see problems with Multi's...

If you join a triple game... you get one multi to DB and take the loss points... and if you win brilliant...

No risk points?

Perhaps it could be worked similarly but different...

i.e.

DB takes 50% of the loss points and 0% of the win points...

That way you still lose a few points for the DB but it wouldn't be 100% beneficial for to have a DB in your team.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:02 am

OK that could work.
Captain Risktaker17

Postby Wisse on Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:40 am

yeah i joined 12 games with the same deadbeat (was righ ranked so didn't expect it)
en he deadbeated in all
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby plysprtz on Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:38 pm

its not all that bad if your smart and a guy is deadbeating then just deploy deploy deploy on him and yourslef equally take minumum attacks and then BAM you get all his countries (cards maybe) then you forti everything take over to countries really quick and win i usually win witha deadbeat just play it smart and think a turn-a-head
1546 - top score
Cook plysprtz

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:08 pm

The great thing about is it shouldn't slow the servers down. It should be easy to change and, if you don't like the idea please tell me why so i can adjust.
Captain Risktaker17

No sharing points with deadbeat teammate

Postby Reed Jones on Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Suggestion Idea: Your partner has deadbeated leaving you against 2 people. You use your skill and luck to defeat them however the chances looked slim. It looks like you get a decent 100 points. Wait! Your partner that deadbeated got 50 of the points and you worked so hard to get them. You feel cheated, so why not have it so in a team game and your partner deadbeats you get all the points.

Speifics: Now matter if they deadbeat the first 3 turns or the last 3 turns you get all the points. No sharing whatsoever.

Why it is needed: It is annoying when your partner deadbeats and you win the game but they still get half the points. It is to give points to the people who actually deserve them.

Priority:4
Sergeant 1st Class Reed Jones

Postby gimil on Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:43 am

its on the to-do list
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby SirSebstar on Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:26 am

This is a bad idea, you already get all the armies (remaining) from the other guy. this way if you nearly have the game one, one player can deadbeat and give the total points to the other player.

better would be to not give the deadbeat any points (loosing the points in the system)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby AK_iceman on Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 am

SirSebstar wrote:This is a bad idea, you already get all the armies (remaining) from the other guy. this way if you nearly have the game one, one player can deadbeat and give the total points to the other player.

better would be to not give the deadbeat any points (loosing the points in the system)

Team deadbeats also pass on their cards now too, so it's much easier to win a game especially if your partner deadbeats with 4 or 5 cards.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby chessplaya on Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:57 am

AK_iceman wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:This is a bad idea, you already get all the armies (remaining) from the other guy. this way if you nearly have the game one, one player can deadbeat and give the total points to the other player.

Team deadbeats also pass on their cards now too, so it's much easier to win a game especially if your partner deadbeats with 4 or 5 cards.

very well said both of u...i cant add anything 8)
Veni...
Vidi...
Vici...
Captain chessplaya

Postby Reed Jones on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:53 pm

Just one thing to add to back my arugument up, what happens if this person never took a turn, (that means they got no cards) and they lost alot of territories due to other oponents taking them. So in a game you might get barely anything due to he/she had no cards and barely any territories left. But to go with what you said why not have this work if they missed just the first 3 turns of a game.

AWOL Teammates Shouldn't get Credit

Postby Lucky Se7en on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:18 am

-I have been in a couple doubles games where my partner has deadbeated on me & then I had to deal with two teams. After I won those games my partner ended up getting credit for my victory. I just doesn't seem right that somebody who was actually a handicap to the team gets credit.

-1 priority
Sergeant 1st Class Lucky Se7en

Postby The1exile on Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:20 am

Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Finny on Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:07 pm

i think this is a decent idea because it sucks to have a deadbeat partner but if they did take turns and do some good then i think they should some of the points but maybe not the same amount
Lieutenant Finny

Postby Reed Jones on Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:40 am

Finny wrote:i think this is a decent idea because it sucks to have a deadbeat partner but if they did take turns and do some good then i think they should some of the points but maybe not the same amount

I agree.

Postby Reed Jones on Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:06 pm

Looks like a decent amount of people like this idea... :D

Postby super Mario 009 on Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:33 pm

well, I think you should get points on how much you participate and on how much you help your teamate, so like if a teamate fortifies his teamate at the beggining but then he doesnt play for a few days (for some reason) he should at least get some points for helping his teamate like 20/100 points awarded for his team if his team wins.
Sergeant super Mario 009

deadbeat teammates...

Postby Maybemaybenot on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:08 am

im not sure its entirely fair that my team mate can play two rounds then deadbeat and still gets half the points if i win. and yes it actually happened to me. is there any way to fix it so that a deadbeat team mate forfeits his/her points to their team mate(s) if they're kicked out for missing too many turns?
Corporal 1st Class Maybemaybenot

Postby deathscythe30 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:31 pm

I like that because you have to work 2 or 3 times as hard to win, you should get their points.
Private 1st Class deathscythe30

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:33 pm

What I think is unfair is that if you play singles, you get the missed armies with a multiplier, but if its a teammate, you get nada.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Suggestion - doubles play and deadbeating

Postby Fredly One on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 am

I would like to direct you to game 1422279. One of the players deadbeated was eventually got kicked out of the game. However, his partner went on to win (by the way not really impressed by the fact that a player kicked out doesnt turn to a neutral - but rather transfers to the partner - a huge tactical advantage) but both got the full measure of points.

I suggest an expelled player NOT receive any points and,
if the kicked out player reverts to neutral and his partner wins he should get all of the available points, if not then what he/she gets now the winner based on his rank.

definately soemthing to think about.

Fredly One
Lieutenant Fredly One

Postby lcb11 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:43 am

Firstly, if your teammate deadbeats you should definitely get his/her armies.

You're at a massive disadvantage as (if it's doubles) your opponents will take two turns to your one - so you get an advantage with cards (esp. in an escalating game). Also, one player and a deadbeat should have less territories after three turns (the soonest you can deadbeat) than two players working together, so the double will also be getting more reinforcements.

As for the points; I can see the argument - but you win or lose as a team. That's part of the attraction and part of the gamble involved.
Corporal lcb11

Deadbeat teamplayers not receiving gamepoints

Postby Frederique on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:16 am

At first I want to appologize if this topic has been discussed somewhere else before, I coulndt find it..

Would it be an idea to take away the gamepoints of the deadbeat teamplayer.

Example:
Quadruples game, everyone same rank.
Normally you would receive 20 points each for the victory. However if one of you team players dead beats, he still gets the points. My suggestion is to exclude him from the points giving so the winning team receives his points so lets say 23points for the other 3 teammates each. This is the same as extracting his game points from the total of the team and therefor it would be as if the ranks were unequal...

Hope you kind of got my point.

Please comment on this to see what you think!
Private 1st Class Frederique

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:20 am

no way, you are a team and should all share in the spoils.
Sergeant greenoaks

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions