Conquer Club

Coding AJAX-compatible GM scripts

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:22 am

yeti_c wrote:PS Rebelman -> Can you get the latest version retest and let me know what happens?

loaded

tested

problem solved

:D
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:28 am

rebelman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:PS Rebelman -> Can you get the latest version retest and let me know what happens?

loaded

tested

problem solved

Cheers -> I uploaded a broken version about 10 mins after my first fix - I hoped that no-one had gotten it in that time -> you 2 guys obviously did!!!

Do you like the new Map Inspect code?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 am

yeti_c wrote:
rebelman wrote:

loaded

tested

problem solved

Cheers -> I uploaded a broken version about 10 mins after my first fix - I hoped that no-one had gotten it in that time -> you 2 guys obviously did!!!

Do you like the new Map Inspect code?

C.

very nice Yeti, i like the dark background when you highlight - makes it very easy to see

regarding the broken version as a matter of course i am checking if you have updated a few times every day as I then post that in our clan forum as most of our members wouldn't visit this thread in a month of Sundays.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 am

Actually what I meant was that I uploaded a broken version for my first fix then ten minutes later uploaded a fixed version!?!?

Anyways -> Glad you like the colour highlight... is there anything else you think is needed for it? (Perhaps highlight the number for the one you're hoevering over?)

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:53 am

yeti_c wrote:Actually what I meant was that I uploaded a broken version for my first fix then ten minutes later uploaded a fixed version!?!?

Anyways -> Glad you like the colour highlight... is there anything else you think is needed for it? (Perhaps highlight the number for the one you're hoevering over?)

C.

no need IMHO, it looks class as is - only possible problem is now when you highlight where army circles are close together they will overlap now when you look at them and the country you are pointing at will dissapear, this doesn't bother me but may bug some people.

eg in canada v2 if I point at ottowa it gets covered over by toronto's frame

on the same map if I point at Sudbury, Ottawa covers Toronto and Montreal - examples of this can probably found on most maps where army circles are relatively close to each other.
Private rebelman

Postby benjikat on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:58 am

it all good for me.

With Berlin and Midkemia quenched, it is time for coding the territory bonuses.
Sergeant 1st Class benjikat

Postby Qyu on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 am

When the time is less than 1 minute, hours indicate NaN

edit : in fact, hours indicate NaN, and minutes start to 59 insteed of 00
Colonel Qyu

Postby yeti_c on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:03 am

OK - I've just uploaded the latest version...

FIXED :
Territory Bonuses
Territory bonuses are shown in [Square brackets] in the stats displays and on the Text Map & Map Inspect layers.
The Territory bonuses are also added into the "Expected army" number too... Do you like this?

TODO :

Clock Format doesn't work <- does anyone care about this one?
Clock Parsing not always correct (Noticed with 08 and 09 times - anymore?)

WISHLIST :

Objectives <- Added once first map with this in Quenched (AoR?)
Territory counter for FOW games.
Coloured Drop Downs <- possibly
Anything else that needs to be added?

C.
Last edited by yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby xmaveric on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:13 pm

Colored drop downs that show army count when attacking and fortifying, please.
Corporal xmaveric

idear

Postby Marshall Law on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:04 pm

I dont know if this should be in this thread, the main BOB one, or one on its own, but here goes anyway. Now with FOW I find that I am constantly go back to someones last turn, finding how many territories they start with, count and add how many they gained, and count and subtract how many they lost all in order to find out how many territories they have. Is there anyway that it can be programed into BOB to do this all for me. Even though you wont know how many armies someone has you can always find out how many territories they have.

Just a thought. It would make my life a LOT easier.
Private 1st Class Marshall Law

Re: idear

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:17 am

Marshall Law wrote:I dont know if this should be in this thread, the main BOB one, or one on its own, but here goes anyway. Now with FOW I find that I am constantly go back to someones last turn, finding how many territories they start with, count and add how many they gained, and count and subtract how many they lost all in order to find out how many territories they have. Is there anyway that it can be programed into BOB to do this all for me. Even though you wont know how many armies someone has you can always find out how many territories they have.

You pose an interesting question... (In the correct thread)

BOB could do this... with some log processing...

This would probably slow down initial load of the game...

Also -> For a Freestyle game this would be trickier!!

The other point is this -> Some people might think that this is unfair... What's the consensus on this? Would people like this?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:18 am

xmaveric wrote:Colored drop downs that show army count when attacking and fortifying, please.

These work on first load -> however since the "Smart" drop downs were introduced they stopped working as soon as you changed something...

I might be able to recreate these -> however I'm concerned that the slow down of the script may be too much...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby benjikat on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:28 am

yeti_c wrote:
Marshall Law wrote:I dont know if this should be in this thread, the main BOB one, or one on its own, but here goes anyway. Now with FOW I find that I am constantly go back to someones last turn, finding how many territories they start with, count and add how many they gained, and count and subtract how many they lost all in order to find out how many territories they have. Is there anyway that it can be programed into BOB to do this all for me. Even though you wont know how many armies someone has you can always find out how many territories they have.

The other point is this -> Some people might think that this is unfair... What's the consensus on this? Would people like this?

C.

I don't see why this would be unfair - it reminds me of the situation before the card count was included in the main site. IMO any info that can be deduced by counting things from the log is fair game in terms of a script.

Each FoW turn I do the same as above - look at a player's last turn and the ".... for X territories", then add and subtract territories taken and lost. Why not have that number in the territories owned column rather than just those that can be seen. (and maybe have it as a switchable option in the menu too).

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:35 am

benjikat wrote:
yeti_c wrote:

C.

I don't see why this would be unfair - it reminds me of the situation before the card count was included in the main site. IMO any info that can be deduced by counting things from the log is fair game in terms of a script.

Each FoW turn I do the same as above - look at a player's last turn and the ".... for X territories", then add and subtract territories taken and lost. Why not have that number in the territories owned column rather than just those that can be seen. (and maybe have it as a switchable option in the menu too).

OK dokey -> I'll add it to the list...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:09 am

VERSION : 2.5

FIXED :
Map Opacity -> I had a flash of genius whilst talking to Optimus Prime and have coded a new version of this... Now numbers do not fade with the map... I've also removed the army number highlight for map inspect (as no longer needed...) -> Feedback required <- does it work as you play a turn? (I can't test as have no games...)

TODO :

WISHLIST :

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:30 am

BTW - there's a slight flaw/caveat - the non number fade relies on Map Inspect being turned on...

Is this OK? Or would people prefer it to be available always?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:34 am

yeti nice work on the map fade - regarding your test query am checking it now
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:35 am

rebelman wrote:yeti nice work on the map fade - regarding your test query am checking it now

Ta...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:35 am

yeti_c wrote:BTW - there's a slight flaw/caveat - the non number fade relies on Map Inspect being turned on...

C.

who uses BOB and not map inspect ? that is one of its biggest assets
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:38 am

rebelman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:BTW - there's a slight flaw/caveat - the non number fade relies on Map Inspect being turned on...

C.

who uses BOB and not map inspect ? that is one of its biggest assets

No matter -> I've coded round that now anyways... new version will be up in a short moment...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby rebelman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:41 am

i think the answer to your question is yes yeti
Private rebelman

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 am

VERSION : 2.6

FIXED :
New version of Map Opacity code that doesn't rely on Map Inspect's presence.

TODO :

WISHLIST :

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:44 am

rebelman wrote:i think the answer to your question is yes yeti

I take it you mean the taking turns keeps everything updated?

Good...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby lackattack on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:07 pm

You amaze me, yeti_c =D>
Sergeant lackattack

Postby benjikat on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:15 pm

=D> =D> =D>

Small thing - the latest version puts "undefined" bottom right of the map now :)

PreviousNext

Return to Tool Archives