Conquer Club

[SCSY] No points for freestyle games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[SCSY] No points for freestyle games

Postby yorkiepeter on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:46 am

<Subject>:

While freestyle can be a fun quick way of playing the game, it is too easy to abuse and gain points and rank that you could not achieve any other way

<Body>:

Suggestion Idea: Make freestyle games just for fun

Specifics: Points would not be won or lost on any freestyle game

Why it is needed: The main reason is that the whole ranking system is devalued at the moment. Any competent player can get to conqueror just by playing enough freestyle triples, if he can either play simultaneously with his friends or use two multis without getting caught.

It is now impossible to get to conqueror without use this tactic.

I myself would aspire to be conqueror one day, but it is quite impossible under the current situation.
freemium till clan privs granted
hs 2725 22.12.07 hp 29
Colonel yorkiepeter

Re: Suggestion: No points for freestyle games

Postby Scott-Land on Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:09 am

yorkiepeter wrote:<-------------------->

<Subject>:

While freestyle can be a fun quick way of playing the game, it is too easy to abuse and gain points and rank that you could not achieve any other way

<Body>:

Suggestion Idea: Make freestyle games just for fun

Specifics: Points would not be won or lost on any freestyle game

Why it is needed: The main reason is that the whole ranking system is devalued at the moment. Any competent player can get to conqueror just by playing enough freestyle triples, if he can either play simultaneously with his friends or use two multis without getting caught.

It is now impossible to get to conqueror without use this tactic.

I myself would aspire to be conqueror one day, but it is quite impossible under the current situation.

:roll:
Major Scott-Land

Postby 0ojakeo0 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:56 am

If i was a mod i would reject this w/out even reading your post
hecter wrote:Hey... If your donkey eats my roosters feet, that means I have two feet of my cock in your ass.
Corporal 1st Class 0ojakeo0

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:58 am

I love freestyle! It is the most enjoyable kind of game.
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:59 am

Luckily you aren't, Jake. ;)

In regards to the topic, it is an interesting proposal, but ideas for games without points haven't been accepted in recent times. But lets hear the feedback and input on this idea.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Clive on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:02 am

I don't think points should be abolished for them, but I definitly think they need improving.
" im no good by myself! i like having you to say. 'no john dont be fucking stupid' "
http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... 272eb3.jpg
General Clive

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:04 am

if u cant master to win points on freestyle its your own fault...dnt like it dn t play it. or get good at it and get the points...

it takes dif tactics and abilities to be good on cert settings....
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:06 pm

its just a difference between ppl that love the "classic" game, and the ppl that love the points. and frankly you can look at alot of higher up players that do make it to conquerer without using freestyle. it has been done, and it is not impossible.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby firth4eva on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:07 pm

I think there should be no points for sequential because people keep winning them.
Captain firth4eva

Postby tenio on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:13 pm

I think abolshing all points for freestyle is a no-go but maybe a reduction in points or something, freestyle really is all about when you take your turn
Cadet tenio

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:21 pm

No. lord voldemort hit it right on the head. If you don't like them, don't play them, or just get better at them. Nothing more need be said.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Coleman on Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:21 pm

I'd also like to abolish points for Age of Merchants, because some people win a lot of games they play there, and for Doubles, because Doubles is for pansies. :lol:
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yorkiepeter on Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:38 am

I am not suggesting doing away with freestyle, and i already refuse to play them, but yet they still detract from my enjoyment of the game. How?

I have earned my points by playing competitive tournament doubles against good players, i will study each map carefully for some time before deciding what to do. I would like to get into the top 10 and maybe even reach no.1 one day, but the best players can never do that when you have the likes of skyt and his team farming certain points from noobs (with little thought to any tactics) who dare to come into his web of freestyle games. I am not suggesting stopping him, but it kind of makes a mockery of who is ranked no.1 here. I mean who really thinks that skyt is deserving of his rank?

Its no coincidence that virtually every tournament is played sequentially.
freemium till clan privs granted
hs 2725 22.12.07 hp 29
Colonel yorkiepeter

Postby Scott-Land on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:17 am

i honestly dont get it ......... threads complaining that high ranks wont play lower ones. then a good freestyle player has an edge in playing against lower ranks then now it's taking advantage of players that dont know how to play the game effectively. countless threads that say high ranks protect their precious points-- way i see it, freestyle allows that to happen. one costly mistake in sequential may not be rectified whereas in freestyle you have a chance even if a low rank makes a poor play. a game where all ranks can play and the more skilled gets an edge. sounds pretty fair to me. cant have your cake and eat it too folks. i can say that i really dont care if the game exists or not. making an observation about all these threads that contradict each other.

hey i have an idea-- lets stop getting points for doubles matches because 2 players on the same team that are regular partners have an edge against the two noobs joining those games that prolly have never played the game before and certainly not with each other. .

this 'freestyle' player im referring to is Poo-Maker someone whom has proven to be succussful at both styles. let him utilize his edge..... and stop all the damn whining because players are doing well.
Major Scott-Land

Postby yeti_c on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:19 am

I see your point Yorkie...

This http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1003190

Is the last game SkyT lost as Triples Freestyle...

Now try and find that from here...

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?page=find&submit=Search&player1=SkyT

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby The1exile on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:25 am

firth4eva wrote:I think there should be no points for sequential because people keep winning them.

hear hear.

Now it's nice that you guys care about score as the only thing keeping you in CC (not referring just to you, yorkie, but in general) and I'm sure I'll get the reflex comment that the rest of us don't have any score to care about, but that's several thousand of us, some of which may want to play freestyle as is without our gameplay being affected by what the high rankers think.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Natali on Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:06 am

I love freestyle! It's much more dynamic then the sequential, of course it has it's risks, but hey, I am willing to take them. Conquer club is a place to have fun, what's the obsession with ranks. If you wanna' accomplish something play type of games you prefer or concentrate on rl. :)
Captain Natali

Location: Zagreb, near one of the largest cementeries in Europe (Mirogoj)

Return to Archived Suggestions