Conquer Club

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games (Polymorphic)

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games (Polymorphic)

Postby rocksolid on Tue May 16, 2006 5:57 pm

It seems to me that one interesting game mode would be doubles or triples games where each team is controlled by a single player. It seems to me it's a valid exercise in strategy, and I imagine the only thing standing in the way is the whole new leaf in programming that would be required. What thinks the peoples? This can of course be done by having multiple accounts, which in this case would not be unsportsmanlike, but of course unacceptable at CC for other reasons.
Lieutenant rocksolid

HEADS-UP RISK

Postby Joe McCarthy on Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:49 pm

What would be cool is if there could be heads-up Risk matches. Say each player gets two colors and goes at it like that. thats the way we used to do it with the old board game if there were only two of us. Would be fun for callouts and such.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

Postby OwlLawyer on Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:16 pm

It should probably be Pot Limit.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:53 pm

Well at the moment aTwo Person Play Option is being considered, and is filed under 'Pending'.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:43 am

i guess you could just multi against another multi.
Highest Score: 1843 Ranking (Australians): 3
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

team games were 1 person can be 2 players on the same team?

Postby dugcarr1 on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:20 pm

that would kick ass,,

and auto login and no log out after 5 minutes would be a bonus as well
Captain dugcarr1

Postby Scorba on Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:52 am

I agree. It would be a great way of doing the propsed two player duels, much more interesting than a standard game with just two players.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

Postby OwlLawyer on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:44 am

Call it "Going Maverick" or something.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby P Gizzle on Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:13 am

That would be pretty cool
Cook P Gizzle

Postby qeee1 on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 pm

I think single players would have an unfair advantage over teams.

Also would the player lose double the points?
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby Scorba on Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:54 pm

I don't know about Dugcarr, but I was talking about each team being controlled by one player.
Taking an enemy on the battlefield is like a hawk taking a bird. Though it enters into the midst of a thousand of them, it pays no attention to any bird other than the one it has first marked.
Lieutenant Scorba

doubles games for single players

Postby yorkiepeter on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:47 pm

How many times have you been partnered with an idiot who doesn't understand the game and has cost you valuable points..... or worse teamed up with a deadbeat thus giving you very little chance of winning.

So how about having two colours that you control alternatively as though you had a multi account.

Peter
Colonel yorkiepeter

Postby DublinDoogey on Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 pm

even better, allow two player, no points involved games.
Private DublinDoogey

Postby qeee1 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:04 pm

even betterer-

No.
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:23 pm

or most betterest:

make a multi and try to not get caught :roll:
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games

Postby Yonak on Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:54 pm

superkarn wrote:Concise Idea: Make a new game type that allows doubles, triples, and quadruples to be played by two players.

Suggestion Idea: First off, I'm not a fan of 1v1 games, mostly because I feel that the dice play too big of a roll in determining the winner. Secondly I play a lot of team games with my friends (playing on the same team against random opponents). In team games, you and your partner(s) need to be in sync with each other to ensure optimal chance of winning. And who do you agree with most if not yourself :)
Which leads us to this suggestion. In the new game type, the settings would be pretty much the same as regular team games, except that team 1 is controlled by one player, and team 2 is controlled by another player. For example, in a triples game, the first player would control red, green, and blue, while the second player control yellow, pink, and cyan. Everything else would be the same including turn order (alternating), zone bonus (one color must control the whole zone to get the bonus), fortification (can't fortify across "teammates"), etc.

Specifics: Team games where team 1 is controlled by player 1 and team 2 is controlled by player 2.

Why it is needed: It allows people with no friends to be able to play team games :lol:
But seriously because more options is better. And this new game type will offer deeper strategy than playing regular 1v1 game. You are now controlling multiple armies instead of one army with multiple troops. Imagine playing a quadruples 1v1!
show

MOD EDIT: Copied OP from later topic as part of merge.
Last edited by bigWham on Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Copied OP from later topic as part of merge.
Colonel Yonak

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:07 pm

This would be easy on the game setup screen...

If Doubles is selected and 2 players - then a 2 player doubles match.
If Doubels is selected and 3 players - then a 3 player doubles match.
If Triples is selected and 2 players - then a 2 player triples match.

I like it.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby RobinJ on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:45 pm

But how would that be team play then? Sorry, but my opinion is that if you want to play by yourself the play singles. Besides, the top players could easily take advantage of it. So, no.
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby magneticgoop on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:22 pm

if you want that ply singles plus if your teammate screws up you are losing points for something you did not do
Cook magneticgoop

Location: Screaming at the TV as Norv Turner turns the chargers into the worst team in the NFL =(

Postby hecter on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:28 pm

RobinJ wrote:But how would that be team play then? Sorry, but my opinion is that if you want to play by yourself the play singles. Besides, the top players could easily take advantage of it. So, no.

It would be like in a "6" person doubles:
Player 1 has control over red and green
Player 2 has control over blue and yellow
Player 3 has control over teal and pink

I've played this on the board and it's a lot of fun.
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

[GP/UI] 2-player "team" games

Postby superkarn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Concise Idea: Make a new game type that allows doubles, triples, and quadruples to be played by two players.

Suggestion Idea: First off, I'm not a fan of 1v1 games, mostly because I feel that the dice play too big of a roll in determining the winner. Secondly I play a lot of team games with my friends (playing on the same team against random opponents). In team games, you and your partner(s) need to be in sync with each other to ensure optimal chance of winning. And who do you agree with most if not yourself :)
Which leads us to this suggestion. In the new game type, the settings would be pretty much the same as regular team games, except that team 1 is controlled by one player, and team 2 is controlled by another player. For example, in a triples game, the first player would control red, green, and blue, while the second player control yellow, pink, and cyan. Everything else would be the same including turn order (alternating), zone bonus (one color must control the whole zone to get the bonus), fortification (can't fortify across "teammates"), etc.

Specifics: Team games where team 1 is controlled by player 1 and team 2 is controlled by player 2.

Why it is needed: It allows people with no friends to be able to play team games :lol:
But seriously because more options is better. And this new game type will offer deeper strategy than playing regular 1v1 game. You are now controlling multiple armies instead of one army with multiple troops. Imagine playing a quadruples 1v1!
Major superkarn

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:05 pm

This has been suggested before - I'm not sure whether or not it got rejected or not - but I like the idea...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby superkarn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:07 pm

oh, sorry, didn't see it in the official suggestion box :?

Found this . (It's under To-do, Gameplay, More Game Types)
But there are many suggestions there and they are quite general. Where as the one suggested here is specific. I hope it warrants its own thread :)
Last edited by superkarn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major superkarn

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:14 pm

I like this idea a lot. But I don't think it will be passed because the XML could be confusing
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby yeti_c on Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:19 pm

Risktaker17 wrote:I like this idea a lot. But I don't think it will be passed because the XML could be confusing

Wha?! The XML has nowt to do with it!?!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Next

Return to Archived Suggestions