Conquer Club

the longest thread, thread - Occasionally NSFW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:41 pm

You mean like the fools you guys have down there that are still flying the damn Confederate Flag?? :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby areyouincahoots on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:51 pm

thegrimsleeper wrote:You mean like the fools you guys have down there that are still flying the damn Confederate Flag?? :roll:

No, I mean like those fools you have up there you still operate under the dilerium that the north is superior to the south...but i'll admit...those guys with the Confederate Flag aren't exactly the brightest...at least they don't pretend to be intelligent...they're ignorant and they know it...and some are even proud. Besides, there aren't THAT many of those guys running around down here...
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:56 pm

Random haiku time:

...Confederate flag,
...Flying high over the house.
...The yard full of junk.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby areyouincahoots on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:57 pm

Nobunaga wrote:Random haiku time:

...Confederate flag,
...Flying high over the house.
...The yard full of junk.

Frighteningly accurate.

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:05 pm

What's green and red and goes a thousand miles an hour?

Postby areyouincahoots on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:18 pm

Why am I afraid to ask what? :?

okay....what?

Southern Charm

Postby Scarus on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:29 pm

A couple of years ago I went back to Tennessee to visit relatives that I really never even knew I had, (it's a long story).

I was soooooo blown away. I was expecting white trash and came face to face with Southern Charm!!

One of the things that blew me away the most was that everyone's yards were immaculate, and we travelled around quite a bit. Even vacant lots were well maintained. Here in LA, you can find unkempt and overgrown yards in practically any neighborhood.

When you say LONGEST thread, does that mean the most posts, or the most pages? Because I could easily write a couple of pages per post....lol

I mean, anything I can do for the cause and all...lol

Scarus
Been playing Risk for a bit

Proud Member of xiGames, where Friends Kill Friends, with Honor
Sergeant 1st Class Scarus

Postby thegrimsleeper on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:34 pm

Wow, Scarus, way to steal my thunder. A frog in a blender just isn't going to be funny anymore.

btw, if it were based on lengthiness of posts, any thread you post in would be claiming the title... :lol::lol::lol:

Re: Southern Charm

Postby areyouincahoots on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:37 pm

Scarus wrote:A couple of years ago I went back to Tennessee to visit relatives that I really never even knew I had, (it's a long story).

I was soooooo blown away. I was expecting white trash and came face to face with Southern Charm!!

One of the things that blew me away the most was that everyone's yards were immaculate, and we travelled around quite a bit. Even vacant lots were well maintained. Here in LA, you can find unkempt and overgrown yards in practically any neighborhood.

When you say LONGEST thread, does that mean the most posts, or the most pages? Because I could easily write a couple of pages per post....lol

I mean, anything I can do for the cause and all...lol

Scarus

lol...thanks for the support for the south. It isn't difficult to find something nice about the south...the north is a little more difficult... :P

and about the posts, i think we'll accept anything we can get, right?...so the longer the better! it'll give me something to read while I'm waiting for someone (ANYONE) to get online and take their turn so I can play!!!!! lol

Postby PaperPlunger on Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:59 pm

haha, so yeah... the south pretty much blows... air and moves dust?..
Private PaperPlunger

Postby CockAsian on Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:23 pm

<----- "GGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(When I get shitty attack rolls ex 20 vs 4 and lose)
"2006-03-27 14:03:17 - dugcarr1: u retarded yellow?/ or just cheeting"
Private CockAsian

Postby rocksolid on Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:59 pm

All right, I'll be the one to say it: I'm digging the six pagingness.

Aah, Hoots, is it really necessary for your promotion of the deserving South to include the slagging of the North? Can't they both be pleasant? Vermont is nice and green...NYC is full of shockingly honest characters, which I would have thought would appeal to your southern sensibilities. I mean, I have no stake in this, being a foreigner, but anything I can do to promote trans-masondicksianic relations is worthwhile.

P.s. do you pronounce the "wr" at the end of Arkansas?
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby Patroclus on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:00 am

areyouincahoots wrote:
Patroclus wrote:CaHoots: Are you the hottest chick in Arkansas? I was nearly blind on one of my visits there. You sure are soothing on the eyes...... :mrgreen:

lol...thanks...where exactly did you visit? blind sounds like a TINY exaggeration

Went to University of Arkansas in Fayetteville twice while I schooled at Drury in Spring, MO. Went one time to Fayett to swim against them, and one time on a Fraternity Kidnapping Party where we kidnapped our senior members and took them there to just party.......

Guess which trip I was "blind" on for an additional 2 armies on Irkutsk.... :roll:
The ground was rushing up at me. It had been one heck of a ride. And suddenly I wondered………

Who packed my parachute?
Lieutenant Patroclus

Postby Nobunaga on Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:27 am

... had my first slaw dog (hot dog with cole slaw) when I was in N. Carolina. MMMM MMMM Good!

Mix and Match Avatars

Postby Scarus on Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:44 pm

Ever look at someone's avatar and wonder what the person was really like? And if you really were a hot chick, would you use your real picture?

Anyway, I've been thinking that areyouincahoots' picture is much too cute to be real. And seriously, isn't she just a little toooo witty to be that cute? Then i saw ereandil's avatar. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'd be willing to bet big money that areyouforreal looks exactly like ereandil's avatar, (and more than likely) the opposite is just as true. So....if you're following my logic here, and you want to flirt with a hot babe, forget about areyouwhatever and start pm'ing ereandil......lol

Scarus

Postby CockAsian on Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:19 pm

I think he's in love HAHA!
"2006-03-27 14:03:17 - dugcarr1: u retarded yellow?/ or just cheeting"
Private CockAsian

Postby Mykel on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:14 am

Scarus wrote:Ever look at someone's avatar and wonder what the person was really like? And if you really were a hot chick, would you use your real picture?

Anyway, I've been thinking that areyouincahoots' picture is much too cute to be real. And seriously, isn't she just a little toooo witty to be that cute? Then i saw ereandil's avatar. Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'd be willing to bet big money that areyouforreal looks exactly like ereandil's avatar, (and more than likely) the opposite is just as true. So....if you're following my logic here, and you want to flirt with a hot babe, forget about areyouwhatever and start pm'ing ereandil......lol

Scarus

Well what can I say, it is a dame cute pic. But i tell you I know a few cuties that are smart, unfotunelty most of them are taken, and the others moved away. :( . But I would not be suprised if that is realy her!
Fear me if you fear God.
Cadet Mykel

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:06 am

... Looks rather real to me. I mean, she's a cutie, but she's not drop-dead hot or anything (if you read this Cahoots, don't be offended - cute is good! I envy youth and cuteness!).

... Now, Crimzon . . . that one is doubtful. :roll:

The point is?

Postby Scarus on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:13 pm

I think you guys are missing the point. Which is, of course, to push our thread to forum and message board domination....lol

Maybe I should re-edit my previous post and include more lols....lol

The point is not to bag on areyouincahoots, but to simply call attention to one of online gaming's little quirks. You just never know who you're really talking to.

Plus, I really liked the fatman avatar....lol

Scarus

Re: The point is?

Postby thegrimsleeper on Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:22 pm

Scarus wrote:Plus, I really liked the fatman avatar....lol

lol roflmao

Yeah, i bet you did, Scarus!!! Perv!! :P lol jk guys like omgwtfbbq lol

Length Does Matter

Postby Scarus on Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:46 pm

Page 8 here we come...lol

I was pretty slow to warm up to this thread but now find myself completely committed to the cause. I really like this kind of stream of consciousness posting.

The Giants are in town tonight and everyone is getting keyed up to go out and Boo Barry!! We have three sports talk radio stations in town and that's all anyone is talking about. It's pouring rain right now, so I don't know if that's going to work out or not, but Dodger Stadium only had one rainout all of last season so everyone is keeping their fingers crossed.

Scarus

Postby rocksolid on Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:51 pm

I'm all about being committed to this cause - I also think there's more of a challenge to this longest thread thing than we first realized. To me, you see, if the thread ceases to be the longest thread thread and becomes a longest thread about something other than being the longest thread, we will have defeated ourselves somehow. For a moment there a while back, I was afraid it would become something of a flame war thread between the north and the south, but I think we've retreated from the brink of ruin on that front.

I think to really be a thread about the longest thread, its subject matter can't be supplanted by anything really worth talking about - it kind of has to be a thread about nothing.

That said, I think a discussion of whether or not it is a thread about nothing is reasonably within the bounds of being nothing, so all your comments are welcome...

Boo steroids.
Lieutenant rocksolid

Longer is Better!!

Postby Scarus on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:20 pm

I agree RockSolid. Once we start talking about anything in particular we are succumbing to relevance.

Kind of reminds me of the whole slant on the final days of Seinfeld. A show about nothing. Everyday people pursuing absolutely meaningless goals.

Truly an example that we can aspire to follow.

Scarus

Postby PaperPlunger on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:21 pm

why do people write their name at the end of posts?!?!?!? for instance scarus finishes a post with

scarus

I MEAN COME ON! I take it as an insult.. I can read you now... Plus it's annoying.. whats the point in it?
Private PaperPlunger

Postby SMITH197 on Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:29 pm

i'm surprised you can read paperplunger...
Corporal 1st Class SMITH197

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,