Conquer Club

Founding fathers WERE NOT christians.. or were not religious

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby ZeoEmpire on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:33 pm

Next....PLEASE explain how Christianity is "oppressive"? Maybe you should hang out in a Muslim country where woman are required to cover their heads and walk behind their husbands!

NOT TRUE have you been to a muslim country if you have which one?
I have and am a Muslim i have been to Turky, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Thats only in Saudi Arabia and not their heads their body only if you are Muslim you have to cover your hair and your body
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:34 pm

ZeoEmpire wrote:

Next....PLEASE explain how Christianity is "oppressive"? Maybe you should hang out in a Muslim country where woman are required to cover their heads and walk behind their husbands!

NOT TRUE have you been to a muslim country if you have which one?
I have and am a Muslim i have been to Turky, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.

Thats only in Saudi Arabia and not their heads their body only if you are Muslim you have to cover your hair.

k................... and that's not oppressive?
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Jolly Roger on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:53 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Next....PLEASE explain how Christianity is "oppressive"? Maybe you should hang out in a Muslim country where woman are required to cover their heads and walk behind their husbands! Let me re-word your statement so that it is accurate... Until recently, there has been very little Christian bashing and or banning. "Happy Holidays" has replaced "Merry Christmas" so as not to offend the 5% or so that call themselves atheist. Yes the majority are now required to bow to the will of the minority! Wake up! The men who founded this country were God fearing... and as you can see, alot has changed since then.

I believe the name of the publication this comes from is American Demographics:
Overall, fewer people practice or preach at all. One of the most dramatic changes recorded by the survey is the sharp increase in the number of Americans who do not subscribe to any religion (a category that includes atheists, agnostics, humanists, secularists and those who do not identify with any religion). Their number has more than doubled from 14 million in 1990 (8 percent of the total population) to 29 million in 2001 (14 percent), and seems to be trending further upward. Of those professing no religion, 35 percent are between the ages of 18 and 29, while only 8 percent are over the age of 65. Looks like the next generation isn't only choosing their religion, their losing it as well.

The full report is available at http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/studies_index.htm.

Sad, we're raising a "Godless" generation. Oh, but that was said to happen in scripture. Interesting.

Whether or not it's sad is simply a matter of perspective. As for a Godless generation, you are clearly the type of person who considers the glass half empty considering that the demographic shows that 65% of young adults are God-full.
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:10 pm

Actually that glass is full. To the brim. God has already won just waitin for the ref to complete the 10 count. :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:21 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Next....PLEASE explain how Christianity is "oppressive"? Maybe you should hang out in a Muslim country where woman are required to cover their heads and walk behind their husbands! Let me re-word your statement so that it is accurate... Until recently, there has been very little Christian bashing and or banning. "Happy Holidays" has replaced "Merry Christmas" so as not to offend the 5% or so that call themselves atheist. Yes the majority are now required to bow to the will of the minority! Wake up! The men who founded this country were God fearing... and as you can see, alot has changed since then.

Overall, fewer people practice or preach at all. One of the most dramatic changes recorded by the survey is the sharp increase in the number of Americans who do not subscribe to any religion (a category that includes atheists, agnostics, humanists, secularists and those who do not identify with any religion). Their number has more than doubled from 14 million in 1990 (8 percent of the total population) to 29 million in 2001 (14 percent), and seems to be trending further upward. Of those professing no religion, 35 percent are between the ages of 18 and 29, while only 8 percent are over the age of 65. Looks like the next generation isn't only choosing their religion, their losing it as well.

The full report is available at http://www.gc.cuny.edu/studies/studies_index.htm.

Sad, we're raising a "Godless" generation. Oh, but that was said to happen in scripture. Interesting.

Its people like you causing this godless generation to be raised... everybody I know who has super religious whacko parents doesnt want to be religious as they grow up.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Jolly Roger on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:23 pm

jay_a2j wrote:Actually that glass is full. To the brim. God has already won just waitin for the ref to complete the 10 count. :wink:

If so, he won with a stacked deck and an infinite number of aces up his sleeve. Cheater.
Or to use your metaphor: He has the ref in his pocket, broken glass in his gloves and has been hitting below the belt for the entire duration of thei fight
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:25 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

Its people like you causing this godless generation to be raised... everybody I know who has super religious whacko parents doesnt want to be religious as they grow up.

ROFL! yeah, and you're turning out real well kyle... don't tell me! Your parents are "religious whacko's". :wink:
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:27 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:Actually that glass is full. To the brim. God has already won just waitin for the ref to complete the 10 count. :wink:

If so, he won with a stacked deck and an infinite number of aces up his sleeve. Cheater.
Or to use your metaphor: He has the ref in his pocket, broken glass in his gloves and has been hitting below the belt for the entire duration of thei fight

Don't hate. Satan still has his fan base. (As you can plainly see)
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby reverend_kyle on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:50 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
reverend_kyle wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

ROFL! yeah, and you're turning out real well kyle... don't tell me! Your parents are "religious whacko's". :wink:

They were til my sister got pregnant.

most of my friends parents were religious whackos too and they turned out 10x less religious than me.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Nappy Bone Apart on Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:52 pm

Nappy Bone Apart wrote:And show how Christianity was oppressive... lesse.. the Spanish Inquisition. The Salem Witch Trials. Crusades 1-7. The Southern Baptist Association. Pat Buchanan. David Duke. The list can go on. And yes, recently, Islam has shown itself to be more oppressive than Christianity has historically ever been. But you go back 1000 years, and the roles of Christianity and Islam were exactly reversed. Christians were the "convert em, or kill em all" group. Interesting how history repeats itself.

Cat got your tounge, jay? No response to Christian atrocity? Or do you, like most Christians and the Bible, ignore that which is inconvenient?
Corporal 1st Class Nappy Bone Apart

Postby OwlLawyer on Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:28 pm

How is Pat Buchanan oppressive?
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby Jolly Roger on Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:09 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

Don't hate. Satan still has his fan base. (As you can plainly see)

That's not hate. Those are the facts according to jay. You keep talking about prophecies and how so much is pre-ordained. You say he created everything and everyone including his enemies. You say he's almight and all-powerful while those who oppose him are not. You say he creates all the rules. Sounds like a fixed fight to me. It's hardly worth calling it a victory.
Lieutenant Jolly Roger

Postby Backglass on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:25 pm

You all have it wrong....

I am a Pastafarian and have been touched by his noodly appendage.

Join us.

http://www.venganza.org
Last edited by Backglass on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby Pilate on Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:33 pm

Nappy Bone Apart wrote:
Nappy Bone Apart wrote:And show how Christianity was oppressive... lesse.. the Spanish Inquisition. The Salem Witch Trials. Crusades 1-7. The Southern Baptist Association. Pat Buchanan. David Duke. The list can go on. And yes, recently, Islam has shown itself to be more oppressive than Christianity has historically ever been. But you go back 1000 years, and the roles of Christianity and Islam were exactly reversed. Christians were the "convert em, or kill em all" group. Interesting how history repeats itself.

Cat got your tounge, jay? No response to Christian atrocity? Or do you, like most Christians and the Bible, ignore that which is inconvenient?

Ding dong, I think we have a winner. Where's Truman when you need him?
Colonel Pilate

Postby Nappy Bone Apart on Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:33 pm

OwlLawyer wrote:How is Pat Buchanan oppressive?

Ask Hugo Chavez. And gay people.

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Nappy Bone Apart wrote:

Ok then. The Crusades were, as I understand it (at least the first one) was to drive back Islam that had moved all the way into Europe. So the Christians fought back? *note I believe the majority of those fighting on the side of Christianity were not christians but prisoners that were released on the condition that they would fight the muslims. Pat Buchanan has nothing to do with Christianity per say. Hitler claimed to be "christian" as do the KKK. Lets not get it twisted.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby vtmarik on Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:01 pm

The purpose of the Crusades were to take back the Holy Land (Jerusalem) from the heretics (Muslims) that resided there. They were conflicts motivated solely by religion. They are the closest thing that Christianity has to a Jihad in its history.

It is also worth noting an analogy I picked up from The West Wing:

Islamic Fundamentalists are to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Nappy Bone Apart on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:38 am

vtmarik wrote:The purpose of the Crusades were to take back the Holy Land (Jerusalem) from the heretics (Muslims) that resided there. They were conflicts motivated solely by religion. They are the closest thing that Christianity has to a Jihad in its history.

It is also worth noting an analogy I picked up from The West Wing:

Islamic Fundamentalists are to Islam what the KKK is to Christianity

Well said all around. And to the Muslims, it is their Holy Land too, second only to Mecca. Still, long time ago.

Postby P Gizzle on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:41 am

Also, i believe that some founding fathers were in the Freemasons, who are connected to Knights Templar. the Knights Templar are believed to have the holy grail.
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Nappy Bone Apart on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 am

jay_a2j wrote:Ok then. The Crusades were, as I understand it (at least the first one) was to drive back Islam that had moved all the way into Europe. So the Christians fought back? *note I believe the majority of those fighting on the side of Christianity were not christians but prisoners that were released on the condition that they would fight the muslims. Pat Buchanan has nothing to do with Christianity per say. Hitler claimed to be "christian" as do the KKK. Lets not get it twisted.

The first Crusade you're probably right about. The subsequent ones were for various resons, including punitive expeditions and at least one because a King was bored. Still not the worst excesses that Christians have come up with over the centuries.

And to your note, most wars then were fought by prisoners and/or peasants that were used as cannon fodder. Fairly common practice. And I retract my cut at Mr. Buchanan. I have a personal problem with him.

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:38 pm

Pat touched Nappy's bikini region?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Nappy Bone Apart on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:12 pm

No, he refused to. I've never forgiven his bloated, white ass for it, either.

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:42 pm

where did pat come into this.. I wanted to mock him for stalking my threads.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby 2dimes on Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:02 pm

OwlLawyer wrote:How is Pat Buchanan oppressive?
Wrong guy rev, you're obsessed.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:21 am

oh sorry, blonde moment.. I thought we were talking about pati.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,