Conquer Club

Extraterrestrial life in the Milky Way Galaxy?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Bozo on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:04 pm

heavycola wrote:Our corner of the universe is relatively young, which means that if civilisations have evolved elsewhere they might be millions of years further advanced than ours, that is assuming they haven't blown themselves up yet. Hopefully they got past all the religious bollocks early on.

You cant label religon as a blockaide because many people believe that it was the birth of religon that got us out of our caves
Dead to Me: New York Intellectuals, Men with Beards, California's 50th District, Heather Clark, Bowtie Pasta, Owls, CNN en Espanol, Screw-Cap Wines, Cast of Friends,
Toronto Raptors
Cadet Bozo

Postby vtmarik on Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:56 pm

heavycola wrote:and vtmarik i just remembered where your avatar came from. Nice work.

My new one or my Un Chien Andalou one?
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby heavycola on Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:02 pm

Bozo wrote:
heavycola wrote:Our corner of the universe is relatively young, which means that if civilisations have evolved elsewhere they might be millions of years further advanced than ours, that is assuming they haven't blown themselves up yet. Hopefully they got past all the religious bollocks early on.

You cant label religon as a blockaide because many people believe that it was the birth of religon that got us out of our caves

i'm sure it was, but it's probably going to put us back there too.

vtmarik - Preacher. Started reading it last summer and ran out of books pretty quick...
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Bozo on Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:38 pm

If aliens come to our planet the religon wise they have to be one of three things-

1. They have no religons on there planet and will subsiquently belidel us about ours, or convert to one of ours
2. They have only one religion on there planet and if we come into contact with them a mass of people from both sides may convert
3. They like us have many religions that are constantly eveolving

if you look at it from there perspective 2 would be the worst for them because it would divide the planet that they worked so hads to unifiy.

Thoughts? Am I way off base?
Dead to Me: New York Intellectuals, Men with Beards, California's 50th District, Heather Clark, Bowtie Pasta, Owls, CNN en Espanol, Screw-Cap Wines, Cast of Friends,
Toronto Raptors
Cadet Bozo

Postby thephule77 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:18 pm

If an alien race comes and it is option 1 or 3, then I doubt that they are concerned about religion. If it is option 2 and they care about religion, then they are probably here to convert us and none of them will convert to our religion, and if any do they would probably be killed like us if we don't convert.
Private thephule77

Postby Bozo on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:56 am

yes that would make sence them comeing here to convert us, just like when the jesuits came to north america when europe first found out about it. It would be intresting thou to see how many of us would convert
Toronto Raptors
Cadet Bozo

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,