Conquer Club

College or NFL?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What's more fun to watch?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Total votes : 0

College or NFL?

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:22 pm

so....?
Gridiron Gang- CC's largest Clan!
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Sammy gags on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:33 pm

college is more competitive & fun 2 watch, but nfl is better & has more tradition
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby hendy on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:40 pm

who the hell would choose college over nfl?
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:48 pm

I love college football exponentially more than pro. To see the young kids play their hearts out, to see some great rivalaries (that go back decades, and in a few cases, nearly a century), to see the race for the Heisman and the Bowl Bids, all of that is exciting.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:18 pm

i would like college more than pro, but my NFL team is better than my College team and now these college kids are getting paid...
Cook P Gizzle

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:27 pm

Also the Super Bowl is a lot more fun to watch than the confusing BCS. they should do a tourney like NCAA Basketball. i spend all my time in March watching that tourny.....Also, the Super Bowl's got commercials on its side :lol: :lol:
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Sammy gags on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:48 pm

if old rivalries make college football great then y dont ppl come from all over the world 2 see my team (Westerly Bulldogs) play the Stonington Bears at the Turkey Day game?
Westerly Bulldogs vs Stonington Bears
oldest football rivalry
Lieutenant Sammy gags

Postby hawkeye on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:52 pm

i dont watch college so nfl
Cook hawkeye

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:53 pm

because either the school is too small, or the market is too small. no one cares about the University of Washington Huskies vs. Washington State University Cougars Apple Cup game cuz only people in Washington go to those two schools. People from all over the world go to notre Dame.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby Ronaldinho on Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:26 pm

HAHA REAL FOOTBALL PWNS!!!!!!!!!
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:27 pm

real football is american...real futbol is for the rest of the world....
Cook P Gizzle

Postby sfhbballnut on Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:14 pm

College football is more competitive because they're not so worryed about getting hurt, but its got that rule about if you touch the ground you're down. Still like to watch Pro football better. 4 days!!!!!!!! :D :)
Corporal sfhbballnut

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:43 pm

one rule i love about NCAA is that you only need 1 foot down for a reception! it makes way more exciting catches and doesn't screw up a game when u can't tell if the foot was inbounds or not.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby jay_a2j on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:08 pm

college football is to the NFL like:

McDonalds is to a 5 star restaurant

Milli Vanilli is to Bruce Springstein

a liberal is to a conservative
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby P Gizzle on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: some great and accurate comparisons. they may be a little exaggerated but funny
Cook P Gizzle

Postby UCAbears on Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:51 pm

College definetly.........GO RAZORBACKs
Cook UCAbears

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 am

Definately College
Watching Great Rivalries like Washington-Oregon, Oregon State-Oregon, Army-Navy, Michigan-OhioState, and Notre Dame-Anybody makes it great.
Plus they dont change the rules everytime a star complains :roll:
Private 1st Class DIRESTRAITS

Postby areyouincahoots on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:10 am

UCAbears wrote:College definetly.........GO RAZORBACKs

I'm all about some NFL football, but the RAZORBACKS for sure own all in college!! WOO PIG SOOIE!!
"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." -Doc Holliday
Private 1st Class areyouincahoots

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:30 am

DIRESTRAITS wrote:Definately College
Watching Great Rivalries like Washington-Oregon, Oregon State-Oregon, Army-Navy, Michigan-OhioState, and Notre Dame-Anybody makes it great.

I wouldn't call Washington- Oregon a good rivalry cuz one team is always better than another. right now Oregon could own my team, but in the 90's we'd own Oregon.
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:23 pm

P Gizzle wrote:

I wouldn't call Washington- Oregon a good rivalry cuz one team is always better than another. right now Oregon could own my team, but in the 90's we'd own Oregon.

True, Oregon owns Washington now, but there have been some great games. 2000, 1991, 1994, are just a few of the games that represent what is great with college football. i still remember when Kenny Wheaton Intercepted a Washington pass and ran it back 97 yards for a touchdown, giving Oregon a victory over the Huskies, and a Pac-10 championship :D
Last edited by DIRESTRAITS on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:29 pm

DIRESTRAITS wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:

True, Oregon owns Washington now, but there have been some great games. 200, 1991, 1994, are just a few of the games that represent what is great with college football. i still remember when Kenny Wheaton Intercepted a Washington pass and ran it back 97 yeards for a touchdown, giving Oregon a victory over the Huskies, and a Pac-10 championship :D

don't remind me, i'm a husky fan.. :) i really like their new coach but we have horrible recruiting and players. but, our basketball program on the other hand.... :wink: who owns who in basketball?
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:57 pm

P Gizzle wrote:
DIRESTRAITS wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:

True, Oregon owns Washington now, but there have been some great games. 2000, 1991, 1994, are just a few of the games that represent what is great with college football. i still remember when Kenny Wheaton Intercepted a Washington pass and ran it back 97 yards for a touchdown, giving Oregon a victory over the Huskies, and a Pac-10 championship :D

don't remind me, i'm a husky fan.. :) i really like their new coach but we have horrible recruiting and players. but, our basketball program on the other hand.... :wink: who owns who in basketball?

Thats my point. In College Teams hate each other much more, and the rivalries are more intense. Their is s just so much more tradition

Postby maniacmath17 on Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:54 pm

I like the NFL more than college football, but I also like college basketball more than the NBA.

A lot of it has to do with how the champion is decided. I hate the BCS and how a team could go undefeated and not have a shot at a championship. I also hate how the NBA playoffs go on for 2 months.

I think the best way to do it is a single elimination tournament in which each game is life or death.
Brigadier maniacmath17

Postby P Gizzle on Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:52 pm

DIRESTRAITS wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:
DIRESTRAITS wrote:
P Gizzle wrote:

Thats my point. In College Teams hate each other much more, and the rivalries are more intense. Their is s just so much more tradition

Well, for me NFL rivalries are much more intense. i hate the Steelers and the Broncos :twisted: :twisted:.

Maniac, i also like NFL better and NCAA basketball :)
Cook P Gizzle

Postby DIRESTRAITS on Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:55 pm

I typically like College sports best. The atheletes aren't pampered crybabies who feel entitled to everything. Plus there is more tradition around college sports. The only sport I like more in the pros is Baseball

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,