Conquer Club

Snakes on, Arabs off the Plane

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Snakes on, Arabs off the Plane

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:51 pm

http://alternet.org/story/41140/

On August 12, Iraqi peace activist Raed Jarrar was at JFK airport when he was forced to remove a T-shirt he was wearing that said We will not be silent in Arabic and English. JetBlue and airport security officials informed Jarrar that he would not be permitted to board his flight home to California unless he complied. In an astonishing exchange, one officer said to him, "You can't wear a T-shirt with Arabic script and come to an airport. It is like wearing a T-shirt that reads 'I am a robber' and going to a bank."

The offending T-shirt was designed in 2005 by New York-based Artists Against War. The slogan derives from the White Rose dissident group that opposed Nazi rule in Germany. The T-shirts have been seen widely in the United States at various events and until the incident at JFK, were not considered a "threat to public safety."

As the media started dissecting the incident, one of the things that came to mind is the manner in which popular culture has been signaling our nation's level of hyperparanoia. Take "Snakes On a Plane," the uber-hyped, internet-propelled, buzz film of 2006. Long before the film even opened, internet discussion of the film was at a fever pitch and the studio capitalized by adding scenes in response. The most-quoted dialogue from the script actually originated as an online parody of Samuel Jackson's pistol-whipping persona.

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these muthaf*ckin' snakes on this muthaf*ckin' plane!"

Last edited by ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm Gonna Kick Your Ass"
I wanna kick your ass until your head falls off
Then I'll kick your head and kick your ass again
Why, I don't think it got the message
Open the door sucker, it's Zeo
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby OwlLawyer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:54 pm

Is this original? Because if not, you might want to give credit to the author of this trite, vacuous crap.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:55 pm

no,but the site where I got it from is up
Last edited by ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby OwlLawyer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:57 pm

It's trite and vacuous.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:00 pm

OwlLawyer wrote:It's trite and vacuous.

what
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby OwlLawyer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:02 pm

It's dumb and meaningless... easier for you to understand?
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby OwlLawyer on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:08 pm

The more I read this, the more I want to kick the author directly in the nuts.
Corporal OwlLawyer

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:11 pm

OwlLawyer wrote:It's dumb and meaningless... easier for you to understand?

I am kid, so thanks for makin it easier.
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:13 pm

OwlLawyer wrote:The more I read this, the more I want to kick the author directly in the nuts.

true ,i feel that to. ok go to the site and look for picture a of Samuel Jackson.
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:32 pm

Much better snakes on a plane parody at tb.

gfy.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:41 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:Much better snakes on a plane parody at tb.

gfy.

whats the site for tb
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:42 pm

Not sure if I should tell you..
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Please dont post another link to lemon party :roll:
Sergeant Machiavelli

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:58 pm

Machiavelli wrote:Please dont post another link to lemon party :roll:
what Lemon Party
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby ZeoEmpire on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:00 pm

reverend_kyle wrote:Not sure if I should tell you..

Why
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:30 pm

total bluff not safe for work or mach.

good idea mach
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Thank, I guess. Although for the record, I think he was gonna do it anyway.
Sergeant Machiavelli

Re: Snakes on, Arabs off the Plane

Postby hendy on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:27 pm

ZeoEmpire wrote:http://alternet.org/story/41140/

On August 12, Iraqi peace activist Raed Jarrar was at JFK airport when he was forced to remove a T-shirt he was wearing that said We will not be silent in Arabic and English. JetBlue and airport security officials informed Jarrar that he would not be permitted to board his flight home to California unless he complied. In an astonishing exchange, one officer said to him, "You can't wear a T-shirt with Arabic script and come to an airport. It is like wearing a T-shirt that reads 'I am a robber' and going to a bank."

The offending T-shirt was designed in 2005 by New York-based Artists Against War. The slogan derives from the White Rose dissident group that opposed Nazi rule in Germany. The T-shirts have been seen widely in the United States at various events and until the incident at JFK, were not considered a "threat to public safety."

As the media started dissecting the incident, one of the things that came to mind is the manner in which popular culture has been signaling our nation's level of hyperparanoia. Take "Snakes On a Plane," the uber-hyped, internet-propelled, buzz film of 2006. Long before the film even opened, internet discussion of the film was at a fever pitch and the studio capitalized by adding scenes in response. The most-quoted dialogue from the script actually originated as an online parody of Samuel Jackson's pistol-whipping persona.

"Enough is enough! I have had it with these muthaf*ckin' snakes on this muthaf*ckin' plane!"

Arabs are cool cuz that is my heritage!
Sergeant 1st Class hendy

Postby Machiavelli on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:29 pm

That explains a bit :roll:
Sergeant Machiavelli

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:09 am

Machiavelli wrote:Thank, I guess. Although for the record, I think he was gonna do it anyway.

I totally wasn't, didnt even cross my mind.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby ZeoEmpire on Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:53 am

hendy wrote:

NO way
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:05 am

ZeoEmpire wrote:
hendy wrote:

I'm sorry you did not win the 5 bonus points.. a better response would have been, what I put there for you To which I would respond

Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby ZeoEmpire on Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:31 am

reverend_kyle wrote:
ZeoEmpire wrote:
hendy wrote:

I'm sorry you did not win the 5 bonus points.. a better response would have been, what I put there for you To which I would respond

Today word is STFU reverend_kyle
Here to kick your ass
your ass
Cadet ZeoEmpire

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,