Conquer Club

FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Join a clan, or make a new clan.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby Doc_Brown on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:34 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:FOED welcomes a new man, MyNameIsJack, to our bar of drunks. =D> =D> =D>


I am Jack's colon. I get cancer. I kill Jack.


Couldn't resist. Obviously.


Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?


[edit] - Was going to stop by and say "Good luck to Jackson", Then saw Arama86n's post, and it stopped me in my tracks, Kinda bewildered about a post like that.


I'm pretty sure Arama is busy at his own bar of drunks this evening! Knowing Arama, he didn't mean that as any sort of ill-wishing. I think it was meant to be a joke about drinking too much and the body not playing well with it.

Cheers to jack and to FOED for the pickup!
Image
User avatar
Colonel Doc_Brown
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (2)

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:48 am

Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:FOED welcomes a new man, MyNameIsJack, to our bar of drunks. =D> =D> =D>


I am Jack's colon. I get cancer. I kill Jack.


Couldn't resist. Obviously.


Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?


[edit] - Was going to stop by and say "Good luck to Jackson", Then saw Arama86n's post, and it stopped me in my tracks, Kinda bewildered about a post like that.


I'm pretty sure Arama is busy at his own bar of drunks this evening! Knowing Arama, he didn't mean that as any sort of ill-wishing. I think it was meant to be a joke about drinking too much and the body not playing well with it.

Cheers to jack and to FOED for the pickup!



What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!
Image
User avatar
Colonel MagnusGreeol
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm
Location: ¥- ♎ BOSTONIA ♎ -¥
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (1)

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby .SCuD. on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Arama86n wrote:
JPlo64 wrote:FOED welcomes a new man, MyNameIsJack, to our bar of drunks. =D> =D> =D>


I am Jack's colon. I get cancer. I kill Jack.


Couldn't resist. Obviously.


Wtf!? Wha-tha-fah!?


[edit] - Was going to stop by and say "Good luck to Jackson", Then saw Arama86n's post, and it stopped me in my tracks, Kinda bewildered about a post like that.


I'm pretty sure Arama is busy at his own bar of drunks this evening! Knowing Arama, he didn't mean that as any sort of ill-wishing. I think it was meant to be a joke about drinking too much and the body not playing well with it.

Cheers to jack and to FOED for the pickup!



What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!


It is fine to have an opinion of that nature about jokes and I won't get in to whether I agree or disagree with you on that. What does matter though, is that it's important to note that even if you do find it offensive, Arama didn't mean to cause offence.
User avatar
Brigadier .SCuD.
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:15 am
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tribe Achievement (2)

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby Doc_Brown on Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:46 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!

I fully understand where you're coming from. My mother-in-law died of cancer a couple months ago, and this holiday season has already been rough on my wife. I didn't find Arama's attempt at a joke funny myself based on my own recent experiences. However, I can put that to the side and recognize what Arama was attempting to say, even if it didn't succeed especially well. He's a good guy and not one to intentionally cause offense.

In any case, we're derailing FOED's recruiting thread. I think any further discussion of the appropriateness of certain types of jokes are best continued in the off-topic forum.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Doc_Brown
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm
Location: Alabama
Medals: 56
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (2)

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby Arama86n on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:38 am

whoa whoa whoooah. :o
Guys, It's a quote from Fightclub (1999).

In retrospect though, you are of course correct. One should never joke about cancer, even when quoting a movie.
I apologize. :oops:
Image
User avatar
Colonel Arama86n
 
Posts: 2134
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:32 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: FOED [Selective Recruiting]

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Doc_Brown wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:What!? Not to be a complete stickler, But the word "joking" and "cancer" should never meet, Cuz there is absolutely nothing funny or to joke about when it comes to one of the most dangerous diseases known to human/animal kind!

I fully understand where you're coming from. My mother-in-law died of cancer a couple months ago, and this holiday season has already been rough on my wife. I didn't find Arama's attempt at a joke funny myself based on my own recent experiences. However, I can put that to the side and recognize what Arama was attempting to say, even if it didn't succeed especially well. He's a good guy and not one to intentionally cause offense.

In any case, we're derailing FOED's recruiting thread. I think any further discussion of the appropriateness of certain types of jokes are best continued in the off-topic forum.


*My last post here

Sincere sorry for your wifes mom and family Doc! I lost my mother to it, My father sisters and I were devestated!

Arama86n wrote:whoa whoa whoooah. :o
Guys, It's a quote from Fightclub (1999).

In retrospect though, you are of course correct. One should never joke about cancer, even when quoting a movie.
I apologize. :oops:


Salut Arama! It means a lot to me that you understand and apologized! Thanks! ")>

Best Of Luck Always, to All, In life O:) & WAR!! :twisted:

Sincerely,

\MGM/
Image
User avatar
Colonel MagnusGreeol
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 1330
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm
Location: ¥- ♎ BOSTONIA ♎ -¥
Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) General Contribution (1)

Previous

Return to Create/Join a Competitive Clan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users