Conquer Club

Scenarios: Released!

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Scenarios: Released!

Postby Vlasov on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you for the tip about making human vs. human scenarios from scratch, instead of trying to change an existing human vs. bot scenarios.

Regarding Hong Kong, I made both it and Beijing red (communist) to represent the People's Republic of China during that time. I know Hong Kong was owned by the Brits, but the "Classic" world map shows only cities, not geographical regions.

Now I have "submitted" two scenarios: ColdWarMCMLXII and Arctic War. So far, I don't seem them as options in either CC-regular or CC-Beta.
Cadet Vlasov

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby iancanton on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

both are on the beta site now!

all of the region of hong kong, including the city, was british-controlled during all of the cold war. it even had british troops defending it against invasion by the people's republic of china, so hong kong ought to be green, not red.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17)
General Contribution (22)

Postby Vlasov on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 am

Thanks! I changed the ColdWarMCMLXII map -- Hong Kong is green now, but I changed the army counts to try to make Red & Green more "equal".

However all the games I submitted are still Human vs. Bot -- although I want some of them to be Human vs. Human.

Also the map "Arctic War" doesn't show up. I designed it to have 3 Human players; no bots.
Cadet Vlasov

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby iancanton on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm

i see the green hong kong troops now!

the arctic war scenario does show up on the beta site.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17)

Postby iancanton on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

arctic war released successfully!

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Previous

Return to Map Foundry