Conquer Club

Scenarios: Released!

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Scenarios: Released!

Postby Vlasov on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you for the tip about making human vs. human scenarios from scratch, instead of trying to change existing human vs. bot scenarios.

Regarding Hong Kong, I made both it and Beijing red (communist) to represent the People's Republic of China during that time. I know Hong Kong was owned by the Brits, but the "Classic" world map shows only cities, not geographical regions.

Now I have "submitted" two scenarios: ColdWarMCMLXII and Arctic War. So far, I don't seem them as options in either CC-regular or CC-Beta.
Last edited by Vlasov on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private Vlasov

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Bot Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby iancanton on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

both are on the beta site now!

all of the region of hong kong, including the city, was british-controlled during all of the cold war. it even had british troops defending it against invasion by the people's republic of china, so hong kong ought to be green, not red.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17)
General Contribution (22)

Postby Vlasov on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 am

Thanks! I changed the ColdWarMCMLXII map -- Hong Kong is green now, but I changed the army counts to try to make Red & Green more "equal".

However all the games I submitted are still Human vs. Bot -- although I want some of them to be Human vs. Human.

Also the map "Arctic War" doesn't show up. I designed it to have 3 Human players; no bots.
Private Vlasov

Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Beta Map Achievement (1)

Postby iancanton on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm

i see the green hong kong troops now!

the arctic war scenario does show up on the beta site.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (17)

Postby iancanton on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

arctic war released successfully!

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... rio_id=143

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 am

Thank you, iancanton.

I see that "Arctic War" has been released as LIVE -- and it's part of the Febenario tournament!

However I don't see "ColdWarMCMLXII" on the list of scenarios. You said it would be available.

I've made some other alternate history scenarios that might be fun to play if other people should try them. None of them are bot games. Here they are:

Calipocalypse -- 4 players -- Bay Area vs. Los Angeles vs. Central Valley vs. Arizona invaders.

Europa1942 -- 4 players; Doubles -- Germany, USSR, Italy, & UK/USA circa 1942, but with different alliances -- for example USSR & Italy could team up against UK/USA & Germany, instead of the historical Allies vs. Axis.

Fortress America -- Based on the old Milton Bradley "Gamemaster" game of that name, where the USA is invaded from the Pacific coast, Atlantic coast, and Mexico -- with Americans fighting back in the northern central and mountain states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_ ... board_game)

CCU Riot -- 4 players -- Jocks vs. Nerds vs. Staff vs. National Guard (trying to re-establish order on the campus).

Can you take a look at those scenarios? Can they be released as LIVE ?
Last edited by Vlasov on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Vlasov wrote:However I don't see "ColdWarMCMLXII" on the list of scenarios. You said it would be available.

sorry, i thought u were going to change it to human vs human.

anyway, ColdWarMCMLXII released successfully!

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 am

Thanks again!

However, ColdWarMCMLXII (and ColdWar1962) aren't playable. If you try to start a game, it says "Bots cannot play Trench". And, if you "test" a game (in the Beta system) that has the Trench option, the bots play the game but they don't observe Trench, so one of the bots usually wins.

I will try to change ColdWarMCMLXII to a human vs. human game in the Beta system. If I cannot do that, can you change it?

Also "ColdWar1962" should be deleted, because it's only the earlier version.
Private Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 pm

i cannot change either ColdWarMCMLXII or ColdWar1962 from human v bot to human v human, so i've closed both of these scenarios and asked players to join a calipocalypse game on the beta site.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks, Ian! Is there a chance that any of my other scenarios could be released to the main "alpha" version, for people who want to try them?
Private Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm

alpha is the pre-testing that u do before the beta team sees the scenario.

there is indeed a chance of the scenarios u mention being released to the live site, after some of the beta testers have tried them. however, no-one will test them if u don't tell them that they exist and are ready to test.

Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Previous

Return to Map Foundry