This contest is the EIGHTH AND FINAL in the series, and it is here to determine the map which best represents West Virginia.
(There is no official state colour, but unofficially green and gold are regarded by many as Vermont's colours.)
Suggestions (see below for reasoning):
- World 2.1
- Fractured America
- Indian Empire
- Duck and Cover
- Celtic Nations
General Rules of the Contest
- There can be no duplications. A map that is already assigned to another state cannot be used again.
- Before a poll is put up, the thread will be open for at least a few days for people to add suggestions.
- Anyone can make a suggestion, but please limit yourself to one suggestion.
If the list is short, I may accept a 2nd suggestion from people who have already made one.
- Once the poll has been posted, no more suggestions will be accepted.
- The poll will run for at least a week.
- The multistage selection process having been generally unpopular, from here on in we will go with simple plurality of votes. Personally, I'm a big believer in multistage selection procedures, but I don't want to be constantly at odds with the community which ultimately I'm here to serve.
- The person who made the winning suggestion will get a GA medal.
- Everyone who makes a suggestion which wins 1% or more of the vote, will get a cash prize, 10 credits for each percent. In other words, 1% of the vote gets you 10 credits, 27% of the vote gets you 270 credits, etc.
- No attempt will be made to correct rounding errors. What You See Is What You Get. Thus, the total prize might not be exactly 1000 credits, although it will probably be close to that.
- The Community Team will no longer be involved in the final selection. However, there are special prizes from the Community Team. After everyone has made their argument in favour of their suggestion, the members of the Community Team will be polled about which argument they found most convincing. Each member of the Community Team will have an extra 50 credits to allocate to one or more arguments presented, except their own.
- Anyone who posts anything useful in the thread -- a suggestion, an argument for or against a suggestions, a general comment, a factual correction, pretty much anything useful, will be entered into a random draw for a yellow star, to be drawn as soon as the poll ends.
- A lot of people have made suggestions in other places (one of the other threads, or by PM). In the past I scoured everywhere for older suggestions. I just don't have time to do that this time around, so even if you mad a suggestion in the past, you must make it again IN THIS THREAD. If it comes down to an issue of precedence, older suggestions will still be honoured, but you must post a link to the place where you made the original suggestion.
Let's see if we can get past 10 suggestions this time around. What map do you think of when you think West Virginia?