ConquerClub, ConquerClub, CONQUERCLUB! I'm certain that you will all now rejoice with me in the fact that 12 Player Games are finally here!
With the help of bigWham and blakebowling, we were able to fast track it and get it done and out as soon as it possibly could! We would also like to extend our thanks to user khazalid for pioneering beyond the demand for 9 player and 10 player games way back in September, 2009 (yikes it's been a while)! It has certainly rejuvenated my sense of enthusiasm for the fate of ConquerClub . Before we start going insane with 12 player games, though, there are a few things that you, The People of Conquer Club, need to know!
- Firstly, I'll be making it very clear that 12 Player games is in BETA. No fair amount of testing could cover all of the iterations of players, game types, maps, and any other settings to ensure that all was according to plan! We have a pretty strong feeling that not too much should go amiss, but in the case that a game does not work with certain maps or settings, please report so in this thread not only to let us know, but to warn others as well!
- To keep the game as fair as we can, and with warranted maps, a Max Player setting had to be imposed on some of the maps of ConquerClub to ensure either fair gameplay or to ensure XML compatibility. Below is a list of all maps that have a Max Player cap and what it is:
- Unfortunately, we have not yet expanded the game engine to be able to include teams greater than our current Quadruples. This is something that is extremely code intensive that could involve major changes to the game engine, so rather than wait another four years, we decided it's best to work on it in the interim.
And with that, we arrive at Part 2 of our Announcement:
Another long awaited Suggestion, Invitations 3.0 are here, and here's what we have to offer:
- Invite upon Game Creation
- Accept Multiple/All Invites
- Cancel sent invitations
- Sent Invitations Are Cancelled if you Drop the Game (for those erroneous games with the wrong settings -- tournament games excluded)
- Invitations for Speed Games
Now on to part three:
We also have a few more updates to release today, in no particular order:
- Enhanced Tournament Pages for Sponsored Tournaments
- Enhanced Game Finder URLs (Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=164408)
- Increased Achievement Medal Cap (Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=180132)
- Increase Max Pending Games to 100 (Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=110810)
- Delay First Turn in Freestyle game (Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=535&t=119643#p2636779)
We may expect a bug or two from these, but for the most part, our testers have mostly hammered out what's wrong and we're confident that everyone will benefit from what we've released! And with that, I conclude this announcement: it's been quite a hefty one! Please comment and leave feedback in this thread as we're always looking to see what you think. Best to all!